Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
You guys will be back next season. You have a great quarterback.
Reply/Quote
Kragthorpe is most likely the QB coach if Pitcher is promoted or moves on.

If we're looking at an outside the box kind of hire, then the Bengals could always turn to another former Bengals QB. Jon Kitna is already in Cincinnati coaching at Lakota East.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If I were Calahan in the running for my first head coaching job Carolina would be really low on my list about now. Being unemployed during the first half of the season wouldn't exactly look great on his resume if it doesn't pan out..Yeah, there's only 32 HC jobs in the NFL, but it's not exactly the most secure job ever known in football and working for a complete schmuck? Iffy at best..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: If I were Calahan in the running for my first head coaching job Carolina would be really low on my list about now. Being unemployed during the first half of the season wouldn't exactly look great on his resume if it doesn't pan out..Yeah, there's only 32 HC jobs in the NFL, but it's not exactly the most secure job ever known in football and working for a complete schmuck? Iffy at best..  
Agreed. I posted about how WE were once seen as an undesirable location too, but a huge difference between MB and the Panthers owner is MB is loyal. As bad as Zac's first couple years here were, MB stuck with him. I believe they were quoted as being "bullish" on Zac going into Year 3 where a lot of us fans were calling for his head. That guy in Carolina woulda served up ZT to the Carolina firing squads in year ONE.

I get that NFL coaching is an exclusive fraternity. And getting one of these jobs is rare, but with the yearly turnover in the HC ranks, its not THAT big of a gamble passing on a REALLY bad job opportunity in the current year for a better one the following, is it?!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:11 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Agreed. I posted about how WE were once seen as an undesirable location too, but a huge difference between MB and the Panthers owner is MB is loyal. As bad as Zac's first couple years here were, MB stuck with him. I believe they were quoted as being "bullish" on Zac going into Year 3 where a lot of us fans were calling for his head. That guy in Carolina woulda served up ZT to the Carolina firing squads in year ONE.

I get that NFL coaching is an exclusive fraternity. And getting one of these jobs is rare, but with the yearly turnover in the HC ranks, its not THAT big of a gamble passing on a REALLY bad job opportunity in the current year for a better one the following, is it?!

I almost miss Mikes bumbling cheapskate personna.. it seems kind of quaint now in retrospect.. lol 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:11 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Agreed. I posted about how WE were once seen as an undesirable location too, but a huge difference between MB and the Panthers owner is MB is loyal. As bad as Zac's first couple years here were, MB stuck with him. I believe they were quoted as being "bullish" on Zac going into Year 3 where a lot of us fans were calling for his head. That guy in Carolina woulda served up ZT to the Carolina firing squads in year ONE.

in the Not for Long league your name can disappear very quickly No gaurentees the teams lookin next year will be interested in him
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: I almost miss Mikes bumbling cheapskate personna.. it seems kind of quaint now in retrospect.. lol 
No. And don't you ever say that again. Ever.

Unless of course your "other" or "NFC team" is Carolina.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: in the Not for Long league your name can disappear very quickly No gaurentees the teams lookin next year will be interested in him
And I get that, but this is year 2 of BC making the interviewing rounds. If he doesn't get a HC job and ends up back with ZT and Burrow, that's not going to hurt his resume and I'd be willing to bet he's interviewing again in 2025.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 02:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: No. And don't you ever say that again. Ever.

Unless of course your "other" or "NFC team" is Carolina.

Hey, I'm not responsible for the billboards with Mike's name on them..I'm just nostalgic.. lol And I live within an hours drive from the home of the Panthers.. 

Reply/Quote
IN addition to the Falcons, Callahan is also getting 2nd interviews with the Panthers and Falcons. The first interviews were all done remotely. The 2nd ones will be in person. He is competing against Bill Belichick and Jim Harbaugh in Atlanta

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As I've said before, my crystal ball says Callahan takes a HC job and we get ZT's brother Lee Press On Taylor to be our OC because the Jaguars are likely to pair up Frank Llloyd Reich with Fugly Doug Pederson to try to get that SB pairing mojo going.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, my crystal ball says Callahan takes a HC job and we get ZT's brother Lee Press On Taylor to be our OC because the Jaguars are likely to pair up Frank Llloyd Reich with Fugly Doug Pederson to try to get that SB pairing mojo going.

Negative 10% chance on his brother. Dan Pitcher has been promised
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:50 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Negative 10% chance on his brother. Dan Pitcher has been promised

Pitcher is being interviewed for OC jobs, the coaching carousel isn't limited to HC jobs. If the Bengals truly want DP to be their OC apparent, they likely need to give him a raise and a made up title like "Passing game coordinator" or some such.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pitcher is being interviewed for OC jobs, the coaching carousel isn't limited to HC jobs. If the Bengals truly want DP to be their OC apparent, they likely need to give him a raise and a made up title like "Passing game coordinator" or some such.

He knows Brian is getting a job. I’m pretty sure Dan got a nice raise last year when he got offers. He wants to be in Cincy. But my post in response to Nately120 is absolutely zero chance Zac’s brother Press comes here.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 09:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He knows Brian is getting a job. I’m pretty sure Dan got a nice raise last year when he got offers. He wants to be in Cincy. But my post in response to Nately120 is absolutely zero chance Zac’s brother Press comes here.

"IF" Pitcher takes an OC job somewhere else, it would not surprise me one bit for Press to come coach with his brother.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "IF" Pitcher takes an OC job somewhere else, it would not surprise me one bit for Press to come coach with his brother.

It’s definitely not even remotely happening even if we lose Callahan, Pitcher, and Walters.

Reply/Quote
It appears Callahan's second interview is today: https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/football/two-titans-coaching-candidates-trending-another-fading-as-search-continues/article_c8c417d6-b8e0-11ee-8771-236729c8fd44.html

Quote:Two offensive coordinators, Cincinnati's Brian Callahan and Carolina's Thomas Brown, have earned in-person interviews with the team on Monday, according to multiple reports.

The article is dated from yesterday.

If all goes well, perhaps Callahan leaves the Bengals organization in the next couple of days.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "IF" Pitcher takes an OC job somewhere else, it would not surprise me one bit for Press to come coach with his brother.

hes already an OC for Jacksonville right?

How would you get him out of his contract?  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It appears Callahan's second interview is today: https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/football/two-titans-coaching-candidates-trending-another-fading-as-search-continues/article_c8c417d6-b8e0-11ee-8771-236729c8fd44.html

If all goes well, perhaps Callahan leaves the Bengals organization in the next couple of days.

If Callahan sticks in Tennesee he will be apart of that Stadium build which Im guessing could include things like the meeting rooms. That would be some exciting stuff. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It appears Callahan's second interview is today: https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/football/two-titans-coaching-candidates-trending-another-fading-as-search-continues/article_c8c417d6-b8e0-11ee-8771-236729c8fd44.html

If it's between him and Panthers OC then how can he not be considered the front runner. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote