Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
Let the board historians note that was a long winded “yes JJ22, you were right all along”.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 12:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: Let the board historians note that was a long winded “yes JJ22, you were right all along”.

Everyone on this board knows you are rarely right about much and this wasnt it.  Your takes border on nonsensical.  What other sports have you never played and have very little knowledge of that you attempt to act like an expert?  

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is insanity.  NFL is not the place to learn how to coach other positions.  This NOT common knowledge whatsoever, in fact it isnt knowledge.  You made this up for some reason...?  This is a total lack of basic understanding.

And no mention of Joe’s feelings which will ridiculously favor Pitcher.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 12:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Everyone on this board knows you are rarely right about much and this wasnt it.  Your takes border on nonsensical.  What other sports have you never played and have very little knowledge of that you attempt to act like an expert?  

It’s over Caesar. I rested my case when your argument against my idea of Walter filling the qb coach position all based on Walters supposedly not having experience coaching QBs and me struggling not to know that was proven humiliatingly wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 12:42 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And no mention of Joe’s feelings which will ridiculously favor Pitcher.

I don’t proclaim to know Joes feelings. So I wouldn’t have mentioned it to begin with.

Besides all this was operating as if Pitcher would be gone too. Is he not thinking of Joes feelings?

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t proclaim to know Joes feelings. So I wouldn’t have mentioned it to begin with.

Besides all this was operating as if Pitcher would be gone too. Is he not thinking of Joes feelings?

Sure if Pitcher’s gone it’s a nothing burger.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: It’s over Caesar. I rested my case when your argument against my idea of Walter filling the qb coach position all based on Walters supposedly not having experience coaching QBs and me struggling not to know that was proven humiliatingly wrong. 

Whatever, you have zero credibility. 

QB Coach is not a promotion for a WR coach, that is blatantly false.

Walters is one of, if not the best, WR coach in the NFL, moving him to QB coach would be stupid.  His one season as OC/WR/QB coach at a very small school with a tiny a staff isn't a qualification as an NFL QB coach.

You lack basic football knowledge, but your problem is that you never stop defending the indefensible.  To be uninformed is one thing, to continually prove it is another.

Just one bad take after another, not even an opinion, you state things as if they are fact and they are simply flat out wrong.  You do you, but those that understand the game simply shake their head at these crazy takes, it's just weird. 

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 09:08 AM)casear2727 Wrote:  
Walters is one of, if not the best, WR coach in the NFL, moving him to QB coach would be stupid.  His one season as OC/WR/QB coach at a very small school with a tiny a staff isn't a qualification as an NFL QB coach.

But you said he had no experience coaching QB's and I was a fool, dumb, ignorant, never played football etc. because I didn't know that. When it was you who was ill-informed of his resume and had to look it up and then argue it was a "small school". At this point you are just arguing with yourself. Everyone can read how wrong you ended up being. So why keep embarrassing yourself? Thank you for again admitting he has coached QB's and I was right all along. I think you may want to do some research on the background of QB coaches if you think none of them have come up from the WR position ranks. Walter knows the Wideouts and what they do, what they are taught, and just like any WRC, this is a huge benefit to coaching the QB's. It's why they make that jump to QBC so often. Especially prior to OC.

People who think they are smarter than everyone do struggle to admit when they are wrong so I get it. You were wrong Caesar. Period point blank. As my quote says "let not the dumb have to educate". Well now you know Walters has coached QB's before.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed.

If they don’t go outside, I’d be down with this. Walters always impresses me in interviews.

The WR's sure love the guy as well. I agree with HarleyDog that I would like an outside hire who is proven for OC the most, but as Casear 
said, most likely that isn't going to happen. But giving a Walters a shot at OC with a new OL Coach would give me hope for the Offense to 
really improve this year along with more Burrow under Center because he is healthy hopefully for once going into the opener.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: But you said he had no experience coaching QB's and I was a fool, dumb, ignorant, never played football etc. because I didn't know that. When it was you who was ill-informed of his resume and had to look it up and then argue it was a "small school". At this point you are just arguing with yourself. Everyone can read how wrong you ended up being. So why keep embarrassing yourself? Thank you for again admitting he has coached QB's and I was right all along. I think you may want to do some research on the background of QB coaches if you think none of them have come up from the WR position ranks. Walter knows the Wideouts and what they do, what they are taught, and just like any WRC, this is a huge benefit to coaching the QB's. It's why they make that jump to QBC so often. Especially prior to OC.

People who think they are smarter than everyone do struggle to admit when they are wrong so I get it. You were wrong Caesar. Period point blank. As my quote says "let not the dumb have to educate". Well now you know Walters has coached QB's before.

Lol, you are just being childish now.

You had no idea what positions Hue or Troy coached in the past.  Troy never coached just the QBs, he was at a small school that had no staff, he ran the offense to include being OC, QBs and WRs coach.  1 season 15 years ago working with multiple groups isnt a great qualifier.  Unlike his years and years coaching WRs specifically or Hue working with QBs specifically.

You believe that since Walters ran the entire offense - OC, QBs, WRs for one season at a small school correlates to Hue Jackson who played QB in college - (you didnt know this), who coached QBs for years at big schools - Arizona State, Cal, USC (you didnt know this).  There is no comparison, Hue learned a ton working specifically with QBs, you dont understand the difference because you never had to attend a football practice in your life.

In the last few days:

You said Browning was a better play caller than Burrow.

You said QB Coach was a promotion for a NFL WR Coach, makes zero sense.  Walters could easily move into the OC position without coaching QBs.

You thought we could sign Justin Jefferson this offseason while still under contract with the Vikings.  

You said extending Chase this offseason would be an overpay. The club definitely wants to extend him as soon as possible, if possible.

You said we would have to pay Chase twice within 4 years, you refused to say why.  But we both know.....

You are just trolling now, you are operating out of embarrassment so Im done with this conversation. 

Reply/Quote
Well it would be a little weird for you to have remembered all that without looking it up as that would only highlight your obsession with me. I certainly couldn't tell you everything you said last month, last week, or even this morning. But you were off in those synapsis of my statements. So that makes me feel a little better about you as a fan of mine.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t proclaim to know Joes feelings. So I wouldn’t have mentioned it to begin with.

If Pitcher is gone, there is only one person to call to be the new QB coach, and that's Jordan Palmer. Sat the bench here, privately coached Burrow, privately coached Browning and did wonders. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 03:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Pitcher is gone, there is only one person to call to be the new QB coach, and that's Jordan Palmer. Sat the bench here, privately coached Burrow, privately coached Browning and did wonders. 

I'd support that. Jordan has come a long way as a QB whisperer and has maintained a great relationship with the club.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 03:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Pitcher is gone, there is only one person to call to be the new QB coach, and that's Jordan Palmer. Sat the bench here, privately coached Burrow, privately coached Browning and did wonders. 

Palmer has it quite cushy, doubt he wants those 14 hour days and he would take a while to get acclimated.  Id think Kragthorpe would be the obvious choice.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 03:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Palmer has it quite cushy, doubt he wants those 14 hour days and he would take a while to get acclimated.  Id think Kragthorpe would be the obvious choice.

He would have to want to get into the coaching game full time, but if he had aspirations of becoming an OC or HC somewhere, being Burrow's QB coach would be a great launching spot.
Reply/Quote

Jordan Palmer becoming a QB Coach would probably be about 5x the hours of work, for less pay, all while not being his own boss anymore. He's got it made where he's at right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan Palmer becoming a QB Coach would probably be about 5x the hours of work, for less pay, all while not being his own boss anymore. He's got it made where he's at right now.

Not to mention all the money he makes on the Run-Go-Pee App 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan Palmer becoming a QB Coach would probably be about 5x the hours of work, for less pay, all while not being his own boss anymore. He's got it made where he's at right now.

The only way I'd see him becoming a QB Coach is if he had head coaching aspirations at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote

He does camps all over they are about $1200 a person per day and it's not just QBs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
https://atozsports.com/nashville/titans-head-coach-search-ideal-candidate-best-brian-callahan-bengals-offensive-coordinator-news-nfl/

Reply/Quote