Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-17-2024, 10:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: WTH?  

#1.  How is this a promotion?

#2.  Walters is a premiere WR coach who never played QB or coached QB.  Make it make sense...?

If both Callahan and Pitcher are gone, the only promotion for Walters is OC.

I think QB coach is the next step up from wr coach. Pitchers rise took the typical coaching steps. Walter’s is a premier wr coach who never played qb or coached QB but you want to promote him all the way up to OC? You make it make sense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed.

If they don’t go outside, I’d be down with this. Walters always impresses me in interviews.

Really. Because Pitcher worked his way up through the wr coach route. I think it’s odd y’all promoting Walter’s so far up the coaching latter. 

Maybe y’all want to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me but the proper climb up from WR Coach is to coach the QB’s. Then OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think QB coach is the next step up from wr coach. Pitchers rise took the typical coaching steps. Walter’s is a premier wr coach who never played qb or coached QB but you want to promote him all the way up to OC? You make it make sense. 

This could not be more inaccurate, they are both position coaches, same level.     This makes no sense, why would you want a guy to coach a position of which he has zero experience?

Is this something you read somewhere or just personal preference?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This could not be more inaccurate, they are both position coaches, same level.     This makes no sense, why would you want a guy to coach a position of which he has zero experience?

Is this something you read somewhere or just personal preference?

Because you want a well rounded OC who can coach more positions than 1 on offense. I thought the coaching rise was common knowledge as far as working your way up to OC. 

I’m not going to list the coaches that have come up through the proper ranks because it’s an embarrassing amount of them and I don’t want to mock you for not knowing this.

Just look at our past OC’s. If you want to ignore the rest of the league.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really. Because Pitcher worked his way up through the wr coach route. I think it’s odd y’all promoting Walter’s so far up the coaching latter. 

Maybe y’all want to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me but the proper climb up from WR Coach is to coach the QB’s. Then OC.

You could not be more wrong.  Some former QBs have coached WRs, but they all want to get back to being a QB coach because they know that best.   

A former #1 college WR that has only coached WRs would not be moved to QB coach as a promotion.   Walters has actually been an OC before.

SMH

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because you want a well rounded OC who can coach more positions than 1 on offense. I thought the coaching rise was common knowledge as far as working your way up to OC. 

Makes sense to me. If folks disagree then ask yourself; Why are folks saying Pritcher will be Callahan's replacement and not Walters?

WTS, perhaps "Promotion" was not the best word to use. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson never coached QB’s nor played QB yet he coached QB’s before rising to OC…

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because you want a well rounded OC who can coach more positions than 1 on offense. I thought the coaching rise was common knowledge as far as working your way up to OC. 

This is insanity.  NFL is not the place to learn how to coach other positions.  This NOT common knowledge whatsoever, in fact it isnt knowledge.  You made this up for some reason...?  This is a total lack of basic understanding.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hue Jackson never coached QB’s nor played QB yet he coached QB’s before rising to OC…

Lol, yes he did.  He played QB in college.  How do you NOT know this????  He learned to coach QBs while in the college ranks.  He coached QBs at 2 different colleges.  You struggle.

Reply/Quote
Well we will according to folks come out of this offseason with Pollack and the University of Central Florida Offense in a turn of offseason events that would even challenge Hobspins creativity.

Reply/Quote
Walter’s did coach qbs in Indiana State if we focused on College.

I’m talking the League tho. But if you want to go back to college and high school then join the “struggle”, cause you wrong about Walter’s never coaching QB’s.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Makes sense to me. If folks disagree then ask yourself; Why are folks saying Pritcher will be Callahan's replacement and not Walters?

WTS, perhaps "Promotion" was not the best word to use. 

How does it make sense to force a coach learn a totally new position with hundreds of millions of dollars and players career on the line?

This makes no sense, and of course his example of Hue Jackson was totally false as well. 

Coaches almost always learn to coach different position groups in the college ranks for obvious reasons.

Reply/Quote
Why are you saying we are forcing him to learn a new position. He coached QB’s in college.

We counting college right.

Reply/Quote
Folks on the struggle bus they gleefully mocked folks for being on thinking they the driver not realizing they a passenger. Who going to tell them….

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Walter’s did coach qbs in Indiana State if we focused on College.

I’m talking the League tho. But if you want to go back to college and high school  then join the “struggle”, cause you wrong about Walter’s never coaching QB’s.

Your absolute lack of football intelligence is mind-numbing.  Coaches almost always learn to coach different position groups in college NOT the pros.  

Indiana State is a comical example as at the time ISU was so small that the OC had the QBs and WRs.  Troy was the OC there ONE season and he obviously could not focus on a single group having the QBs and WRs along with being the OC.

You are just you.  Again, you never played the game so you are clueless as to some of the most basic aspects of football. 

Reply/Quote
Caesar just say you was wrong about him never coaching qbs and if we can count Hues college years we can count Walter’s. Admit you had to go look it up to realize it. You standing up front yelling at the driver to let you off you aren’t one of them……. Just sit down somewhere and let us ride in peace.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why are you saying we are forcing him to learn a new position. He coached QB’s in college.

We counting college right.

Just like you were totally wrong about Hue, you dont know football but for the last few years watching the Benglas on TV. 

In 2009 ISU had a hand full of coaches and a bunch of part time and volunteer coaches.  Troy basically had the offense other than TEs and oline.  Huge difference than being a full time position coach like Hue was at Cal and USC.

I get it, you dont understand.

Reply/Quote
Did he or did he not coach Qbs before, that’s the only question. And there is only 1 correct answer.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Caesar just say you was wrong about him never coaching qbs and if we can count Hues college years we can count Walter’s. Admit you had to go look it up to realize it. You standing up front yelling at the driver to let you off you aren’t one of them……. Just sit down somewhere and let us ride in peace.

Lol, once again you simply reveal your lack of knowledge.  Comparing Troy's year as OC without a staff at Indian State to Hue's many years as a full time position coach at Arizona State, Cal and USC is amateur at best.  Your takes are all make believe.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Did he or did he not coach Qbs before, that’s the only question. And there is only 1 correct answer.

If he had QBs and was OC, then sure.  But he also had WRs.  If you ever played the game you would know the lack of practice time a coach has to work with multiple position groups as well as being the OC.  But you never played, so you look dumb making these stupid comments like "QB coach is a promotion", or not understanding that most NFL coaches learn about different positions in the college ranks.  It is not bad that you do not know all of this, it is fraudulent that your ego will not allow you to say you are unsure about the dumb crap that you say.  You continually defend the indefensible.  

Reply/Quote