Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-17-2024, 03:44 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Isn't he the Frowns' current coordinator?

Nope, they just fired Van Pelt.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nope, they just fired Van Pelt.
Sadly, I see Buffalo retaining him, but I really DO want Joe Brady here. He's pretty good when not working for the Panthers (aka having an actual NFL-quality offense to work with). I like what they're doing with their offensive roster... unpredictable, good running game, bunch formations in 11 that get guys open and two quality TEs to run 12 with and run behind.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, is there anyway to tempt Bill Callahan away from those bastids is my question?

Yea that's not gonna happen. I can see them firing Stefanski first.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brian Callahan Has a 2nd interview with the titans

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-titans-request-second-interview-with-brian-callahan
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 04:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Brian Callahan Has a 2nd interview with the titans

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-titans-request-second-interview-with-brian-callahan

I think Titans or Panthers are more likely for him. You have young QBs there and a rebuild. 

I think the Chargers & Falcons want to win now and feel pretty good about their roster cores. I'd be surprised at first time head coach hires in either spot. I think Harbaugh is likely in SD and Belichick in Atlanta.  

Though both guys might want to see how things shake out in Dallas & Philly before signing anything.
Reply/Quote
Dan Pitcher has a interview with the Saints for OC job
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 04:12 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sadly, I see Buffalo retaining him, but I really DO want Joe Brady here. He's pretty good when not working for the Panthers (aka having an actual NFL-quality offense to work with). I like what they're doing with their offensive roster... unpredictable, good running game, bunch formations in 11 that get guys open and two quality TEs to run 12 with and run behind.

Yes, that Bills Offense is humming with Joe Brady calling the plays. Would love to have him in here as Burrow is already on the same page with him.

But I bet the Bills retain Joe Brady.

(01-17-2024, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea that's not gonna happen. I can see them firing Stefanski first.

Figured.Gaah
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 04:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Brian Callahan Has a 2nd interview with the titans

Interesting that Callahan is getting at least one second interview while his on staff heir apparent, Dan Pitcher, has had the Saints inquire about an interview.  Could be a big shake up with the offensive staff this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 05:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Interesting that Callahan is getting at least one second interview while his on staff heir apparent, Dan Pitcher, has had the Saints inquire about an interview.  Could be a big shake up with the offensive staff this off-season.

If Pitcher gets and accepts his job offer before Callahan receives one, and then Callahan becomes a head coach elsewhere, does Zac promote within or find new talent outside of the organization?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 07:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Pitcher gets and accepts his job offer before Callahan receives one, and then Callahan becomes a head coach elsewhere, does Zac promote within or find new talent outside of the organization?

I'd bet both spots are filled from within.  

Troy Walters to OC.
Brad Kragthorpe to QBC.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 04:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think Titans or Panthers are more likely for him. You have young QBs there and a rebuild. 

I think the Chargers & Falcons want to win now and feel pretty good about their roster cores. I'd be surprised at first time head coach hires in either spot. I think Harbaugh is likely in SD and Belichick in Atlanta.  

Though both guys might want to see how things shake out in Dallas & Philly before signing anything.

I agree. Ben Johnson will get the call before Brian. Where I don’t know. He’s being selective. At some point Pitcher has to want to call plays. I don’t see any way we retain Pitcher. Too much movement. GM’s and owners find out who’s good. Somebody in their organization is going to know somebody important at the Bengals or a player to vet Dan. With the rules with all these OC openings it can’t come from current OC’s. So it’s got to come from guys like Pitcher or those recently with now ex-head coaches.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 07:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Pitcher gets and accepts his job offer before Callahan receives one, and then Callahan becomes a head coach elsewhere, does Zac promote within or find new talent outside of the organization?

(01-17-2024, 07:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd bet both spots are filled from within.  

Troy Walters to OC.
Brad Kragthorpe to QBC.

I'm not sure tho. This is already a new coaching staff isn't it? I think we have to visit the idea of bringing in solid prospects. What you suggest Casear is the Mike Brown way. I'm hoping we are past that philosophy. Not saying your wrong. Just hoping.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not sure tho. This is already a new coaching staff isn't it? I think we have to visit the idea of bringing in solid prospects. What you suggest Casear is the Mike Brown way. I'm hoping we are past that philosophy. Not saying your wrong. Just hoping.

You are correct except that I am not suggesting this as if I were the owner.  My suggestion is based on what I think we will actually do.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 08:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree. Ben Johnson will get the call before Brian. Where I don’t know. He’s being selective. At some point Pitcher has to want to call plays. I don’t see any way we retain Pitcher. Too much movement. GM’s and owners find out who’s good. Somebody in their organization is going to know somebody important at the Bengals or a player to vet Dan. With the rules with all these OC openings it can’t come from current OC’s. So it’s got to come from guys like Pitcher or those recently with now ex-head coaches.

Pitcher's decision could be interesting.  It is easy to say why would he choose the Saints over the Bengals OC job if Callahan leaves?  If he wants to actually call plays he could very well consider another team.  I would figure that Callahan wants to call his own plays if he is hired as an HC.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 08:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pitcher's decision could be interesting.  It is easy to say why would he choose the Saints over the Bengals OC job if Callahan leaves?  If he wants to actually call plays he could very well consider another team.  I would figure that Callahan wants to call his own plays if he is hired as an HC.

I agree but his OC offer could be before Brian’s. What if Brian goes through the period with no offer? Does Dan blow his chances. Definitely interesting. I would imagine if he goes where there’s a good QB and can call plays then adios.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 08:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pitcher's decision could be interesting.  It is easy to say why would he choose the Saints over the Bengals OC job if Callahan leaves?  If he wants to actually call plays he could very well consider another team.  I would figure that Callahan wants to call his own plays if he is hired as an HC.

He’s probably headed to Detroit to likely replace Johnson.In fact if Vegas had odds I’d bet a $100 right now. Dan Campbell made Zac OC at Miami when he was named interim Head Coach replacing Philbin. He’s got to know how much Zac values him. And Zac and Jared Goff are tight.

Reply/Quote
If we end February with offensive coaching changes that include Callahan AND Pitcher and we left with Pollack?!….

I hope we don’t promote OC from within. I would have supported, begrudgingly, Pitcher. But that would be all as Callahans in house replacement. Promote Walter’s to QB coach and bring in a WRC and a Coordinator from the outside. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 09:55 PM)jj22 Wrote:  Promote Walter’s to QB coach and bring in a WRC and a Coordinator from the outside. 

WTH?  

#1.  How is this a promotion?

#2.  Walters is a premiere WR coach who never played QB or coached QB.  Make it make sense...?

If both Callahan and Pitcher are gone, the only promotion for Walters is OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: WTH?  

#2.  Walters is a premiere WR coach who never played QB or coached QB.  Make it make sense...?

Exactly

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: WTH?  

Agreed.

If they don’t go outside, I’d be down with this. Walters always impresses me in interviews.

Reply/Quote