Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
Pitcher is just positioning himself as Callahan's replacement. He did the same last offseason. I think he'll replace Callahan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: If it's between him and Panthers OC then how can he not be considered the front runner. 

I dont know if they're the only Candidates left or just the ones getting a second interview today.      Hard to believe of everyone available these would be your final 2 so soon but you never know
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pitcher is just positioning himself as Callahan's replacement. He did the same last offseason. I think he'll replace Callahan.

No question
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont know if they're the only Candidates left or just the ones getting a second interview today.      Hard to believe of everyone available these would be your final 2 so soon but you never know

They are also brining in Cowboys DC and former Falcons HC Dan Quinn.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like it's not a matter of if, but when.

Seems a bit short sided to just hand Pitcher the role. I'd at least look at options outside the organization as well. But they wont.

Pitcher will also have some leverage as well. Maybe he'll say he want's so call plays exclusively.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've never been super impressed with Callahan, so a replacement isn't too bad of a thing. I will say, at least he was better than people like Ken Zampese, or Bill Lazor. Yeesh, we had a few years with bad OCs
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 03:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I've never been super impressed with Callahan, so a replacement isn't too bad of a thing. I will say, at least he was better than people like Ken Zampese, or Bill Lazor. Yeesh, we had a few years with bad OCs

Im not sure any of us can really say this though?  Zac has so much control over the offense, which if the offense was good would be great because losing an OC wouldn't really matter.

Who knows what Callahan can do if given the reins?  Looks like we might find out.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 03:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure any of us can really say this though?  Zac has so much control over the offense, which if the offense was good would be great because losing an OC wouldn't really matter.

Who knows what Callahan can do if given the reins?  Looks like we might find out.

the thing is we really dont know how much each is doing for the offense... But we will find out if pieces start leaving.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 03:17 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I've never been super impressed with Callahan, so a replacement isn't too bad of a thing. I will say, at least he was better than people like Ken Zampese, or Bill Lazor. Yeesh, we had a few years with bad OCs

I think Callahan is extremely underrated by Benagls fans, personally. I think ZT is in trouble if both him and Pitch leave. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

How exactly, as a fan sitting miles away from knowing really anything going on in the organization and whose responsibilities are what, have you been/never been either super impressed, impressed or not impressed with him? There's not a person outside this organization that knows what goes into this offense on a daily basis, who does what, and certainly from the time a play is called either upstairs or down on the sideline down to the earphone in Joe's helmet.
Reply/Quote

Obviously the people that know and exhaustively delve into it more than we do are impressed. He’s got several interviews. Those interviews aren’t wasted on someone from a team that’s not highly successful. The bottom line is these teams know these aren’t sportswriters or message board geniuses. Their hirings make or break their livelihood. GM makes a bad hire it’s career ending. He’s not depending on PFF or Joe Goodberry ( he’s great for us message board geniuses) they have professional people observing. They call all their contacts in the league for their opinions. They call whoever they trust who’d know. I think it’s incredulous the disrespect the Bengal coaches get. It’s definitely the Super Bowl obsession and the lack thereof driving it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Welp, time for a new OC
Reply/Quote
Vrabel to Callahan sure seems like a step down to me.

The price for Browning starts at a 2nd round pick if you want him, Brian. :D

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 04:18 PM)higgy100 Wrote: How exactly, as a fan sitting miles away from knowing really anything going on in the organization and whose responsibilities are what, have you been/never been either super impressed, impressed or not impressed with him? There's not a person outside this organization that knows what goes into this offense on a daily basis, who does what, and certainly from the time a play is called either upstairs or down on the sideline down to the earphone in Joe's helmet.

Because the offense hasn't ever been up to expectations. Even if he doesn't call plays, he helps craft the schemes and draw up plays. I've never been a fan of the offensive scheme, or the general playcalling. Both of those fall under HC and OC. Not very hard to look at a finished product and have an impression if you like it or not.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 09:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because the offense hasn't ever been up to expectations. Even if he doesn't call plays, he helps craft the schemes and draw up plays. I've never been a fan of the offensive scheme, or the general playcalling. Both of those fall under HC and OC. Not very hard to look at a finished product and have an impression if you like it or not.

Efficiency the name of the game Brownshoe. ‘21-22 only 2 teams SF & Bills were better at points per play.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 11:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Yep, let's get some guy's hopes up and totally waste his time.  Maybe he can learn something from the interview process, but some do not like being used as a token candidate.  It sounds good, but in reality it is stupid and needs to stop.  IMHO

Reply/Quote

No reason to worry you’ve got the distinction of disagreeing with Peyton Manning.

Reply/Quote