Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-10-2024, 01:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's some thought that Robert Kraft might pivot and make a hard run to bring Vrabel in.

That is what I heard. Makes sense. Don't know if Vrabel will do any better with the Pats than with the Titans though. Personally I think the 
Titans have a more talented roster. To the OP I am a bit meh on Brian leaving which says a lot. If he sticks around I hope we give him a 
chance to be the main play caller so we can have someone to praise of blame if the play calling doesn't get better.

I think we have too many minds in the room which leads to confusion or something. We went away from things that worked far too often 
this year for my liking on Offense. We are predictable in the Shotgun and that takes away the running game. Things like this need to be 
addressed big time in the Offseason.
Reply/Quote
What about Pollack? Is he getting some interviews?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What about Pollack? Is he getting some interviews?

Hope so, would like to move on and get someone who can coach up young OL and help vets get better, not worse.
Reply/Quote
Did not expect Pete Carroll to pull a Bruce Arians.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 04:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Did not expect Pete Carroll to pull a Bruce Arians.

Wonder if he chose that or they pushed him to it
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 02:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Who besides Pollack?

Hobby maybe. I liked getting him based off of his Sacksonville success, but we've drafted a lot of dlinemen in the last 3 years, and who outside of Hendrickson, who came in a star, has developed?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 04:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Did not expect Pete Carroll to pull a Bruce Arians.

Pete is what... mid 70's. I'm surprised he stuck around for as long as he did. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 05:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pete is what... mid 70's. I'm surprised he stuck around for as long as he did. 

Just turned 72 in September but yeah, he has been in Seattle for a long time. Nearly 15 years. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wonder if he chose that or they pushed him to it

Pat Kirwan and Pete Carrol are best of friends. He seems to indicate it wasn't Pete's idea. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Good for him

A new one with Zac may help

But i must say i like Callahan and I think the only real issue is Pollack. If we keep him we’ll still suck up front
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 05:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobby maybe. I liked getting him based off of his Sacksonville success, but we've drafted a lot of dlinemen in the last 3 years, and who outside of Hendrickson, who came in a star, has developed?

I’d disagree. Reader was better here than Houston. B J Hill was a nobody. Larry Ogunjobi played well. But rest assured if Hobby was fired he’d have 5 offers that night.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 02:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Who besides Pollack?

Marion Hobby
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 05:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobby maybe. I liked getting him based off of his Sacksonville success, but we've drafted a lot of dlinemen in the last 3 years, and who outside of Hendrickson, who came in a star, has developed?

I’d disagree. Reader was better here than Houston. B J Hill was a nobody. Larry Ogunjobi played well. But rest assured of Hobby was fired he’d have 5 offers that night.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d disagree. Reader was better here than Houston. B J Hill was a nobody. Larry Ogunjobi played well. But rest assured of Hobby was fired he’d have 5 offers that night.

Reader was elite for the Texans. Larry also had success. Hill I’ll give you him, but if Pollack hasn’t developed drafted talent then why give Hobby a pass.

What coaches have developed players. 

WR
TE
CB/S
QB

I think it’s fair to put certain coaches on the hot seat. 
RB
OL
DL
Senior DA

Reply/Quote
If Brian goes somewhere like Carolina, I wonder if he'd trade for Browning?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reader was elite for the Texans. Larry also had success. Hill I’ll give you him, but if Pollack hasn’t developed drafted talent then why give Hobby a pass.

What coaches have developed players. 

WR
TE
CB/S
QB

I think it’s fair to put certain coaches on the hot seat. 
RB
OL
DL
Senior DA

I’m not seeing that at all.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Brian goes somewhere like Carolina, I wonder if he'd trade for Browning?

Andy Dalton is the backup in Carolina.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Brian goes somewhere like Carolina, I wonder if he'd trade for Browning?

I'm sure he'd like to have Browning, but I doubt the Panthers would trade anything near what the Bengals would be asking for.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Nah, his appeal to a team with a young high draft pick QB is to mold that QB. 

Now if he went to WAS, LVR, NEP, SEA then sure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 12:55 AM)Synric Wrote: Andy Dalton is the backup in Carolina.

I know, but Dalton turns 37 next season.

(01-11-2024, 01:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm sure he'd like to have Browning, but I doubt the Panthers would trade anything near what the Bengals would be asking for.

That's the million dollar question. I wonder what the Bengals will ask for him? Asking a 1st would be nuts, imo. A 2nd maybe. Or a 2nd and a 4th would probably be more than fair.

I do think the guy has earned a shot somewhere and he's probably better than a few starters, but that's not something any team will give a 1st for.

The Chiefs once traded Matt Cassell AND Mike Vrabel for a (high) 2nd, and that was after a better season than what Browning just had.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote