Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Callahan to Titans - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Callahan to Titans (/Thread-Callahan-to-Titans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Callahan to Titans - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-24-2024

(01-23-2024, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It would be a really bad look for Cleveland to try and block Bill from working for his son in his 1st head coaching gig.

But then again they employ Deshaun Watson so I’m not sure they care.

Bill has been an OC a few times throughout his career, maybe Brian gives him promotion they can't block?

RE: Callahan to Titans - Nicomo Cosca - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the Bengals missing the playoffs by one game (9-8, which got the Bucs in) with Burrow playing the first five hobbled and Browning playing the last five or six, really sold Callahan.

Pitcher should get some of the credit for having Browning ready, too.

RE: Callahan to Titans - The D.O.Z. - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 10:20 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Bill has been an OC a few times throughout his career, maybe Brian gives him promotion they can't block?
All he'd have to do really is make him "assistant HC" right? Then the Frowns COULDN'T block it. Am I remembering that wrong?

RE: Callahan to Titans - SunsetBengal - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 11:09 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: All he'd have to do really is make him "assistant HC" right? Then the Frowns COULDN'T block it. Am I remembering that wrong?

As I remember, the Bengals named Paul Alexander as Assistant HC to keep teams from attempting to hire him away.  Not sure if that still flies under today's rules.

RE: Callahan to Titans - jj22 - 01-24-2024

I've never seen so many publications get the picture of the HC hire wrong as much as they have for Callahan. Poor Cali. He is so unknown many are showing pictures of Pitcher for Titans new head coach.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Bengalfan4life27c - 01-24-2024

Problem with job Callahan took he wont get same latitude that Zac got when he took over. Titans tend to fire coaches frequently for poor performance no way Callahan gets a year 3 if he has Zac's first 2

RE: Callahan to Titans - Soonerpeace - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 12:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Problem with job Callahan took he wont get same latitude that Zac got when he took over. Titans tend to fire coaches frequently for poor performance no way Callahan gets a year 3 if he has Zac's first 2

Well the rosters aren’t remotely the same. Callahan has a much better starting point

(01-24-2024, 12:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well the rosters aren’t remotely the same. Callahan has a much better starting point

Idk about “much better.” Zac took over a team that won 6 games the year before. Callahan will also take over a team that won 6 games.

Dalton was also probably a better QB at the time than anyone currently on the Titans.

RE: Callahan to Titans - higgy100 - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about “much better.” Zac took over a team that won 6 games the year before. Callahan will also take over a team that won 6 games.

Dalton was also probably a better QB at the time than anyone currently on the Titans.

Titans a much much better defensive team than Cinci. ever did.

(01-24-2024, 02:12 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Titans a much much better defensive team than Cinci. ever did.

The 2018 defense set a Super Bowl Era record giving up over 500 yards in 3 straight games. Just one person’s opinion but he was in the league and living in Norman in the off season said the roster Zac inherited was awful and old but had no culture for wanting to win. He was on the team with Marvin & Zac. He’s no longer playing.

(01-24-2024, 02:12 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Titans a much much better defensive team than Cinci. ever did.

They were middle of the pack this season.

(01-24-2024, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were middle of the pack this season.

They played a great game versus the Bengals this season...

(01-24-2024, 02:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They played a great game versus the Bengals this season...

Well yeah Burrow was still terrible at that point.

(01-24-2024, 02:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well yeah Burrow was still terrible at that point.

Sure, it's easy to lay the blame at Burrows feet (or calf), but the Bengals were dead last in the NFL with 1527 rush yards gained, and only 5 teams gave up more rushing yards than the Bengals.  So while it's easy to point at an injured QB, we also must remember that the Bengals got their collective asses kicked on both sides of the LOS this seasaon.

(01-24-2024, 02:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, it's easy to lay the blame at Burrows feet (or calf), but the Bengals were dead last in the NFL with 1527 rush yards gained, and only 5 teams gave up more rushing yards than the Bengals.  So while it's easy to point at an injured QB, we also must remember that the Bengals got their collective asses kicked on both sides of the LOS this seasaon.
The staff was so handicapped. It’s amazing that final season stats Ben Baby uncovered. He said”The Bengals finished 11th in the NFL in touchdowns per drive, per ESPN Stats & Info. A very strong finish despite having Joe Burrow healthy for five games.” One of my friends I saw today who is a huge Titans fan. Nothing about the Titans escapes him. He said one of the reasons the Titans were so interested in Calllahan was our efficiency. Between the offense’s efficiency and that during Zac’s tenure Cincy is the least penalized team since 2019. He said Peace it’s all about efficiency numbers and analytics these days and wins. Despite this year we still rank up near the top in wins the last 3 years.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Joelist - 01-24-2024

I wish Callahan well (except when he plays us).

On our side before we lost Burrow they already were starting to evolve the offense. It will be interesting to see what happens with a new OC - does that evolution continue? Or do we go in a different direction?

(01-24-2024, 05:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wish Callahan well (except when he plays us).

On our side before we lost Burrow they already were starting to evolve the offense. It will be interesting to see what happens with a new OC - does that evolution continue? Or do we go in a different direction?

They’ve all said including Burrow the offense during the season never changed from what they worked on in camp. Some things fit each QB better.

RE: Callahan to Titans - ochocincos - 01-24-2024

(01-22-2024, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not so great spot due to the QB situation though.

They do get to draft 7th overall though, which could land them a good QB if they want to already move on from Will Levis.
I could see Callahan seeing some Josh Allen in Levis and really like trying to mold him into a top-end QB.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Joelist - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 06:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They’ve all said including Burrow the offense during the season never changed from what they worked on in camp. Some things fit each QB better.

Which has nothing to do with what I said. The offense started to change before Burrow was injured, specifically once he was more or less fully past the calf. For example, the games against the Colts and 49ers had the offense breaking tendencies a good deal and showing different looks as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/they-were-just-guessing-bengals-broke-tendencies-mixed-up-colts-calling-out-plays/ar-AA1lptzh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=84e7f9ac556746a684d09385a1c014e0&ei=58

I'm hoping we continue this - the moment you get the defense having to think and guess they slow down that critical step and the OL gets an edge.

(01-24-2024, 07:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Which has nothing to do with what I said. The offense started to change before Burrow was injured, specifically once he was more or less fully past the calf. For example, the games against the Colts and 49ers had the offense breaking tendencies a good deal and showing different looks as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/they-were-just-guessing-bengals-broke-tendencies-mixed-up-colts-calling-out-plays/ar-AA1lptzh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=84e7f9ac556746a684d09385a1c014e0&ei=58

I'm hoping we continue this - the moment you get the defense having to think and guess they slow down that critical step and the OL gets an edge.

Yes Joe said they’d worked on it in camp but his calf injury didn’t allow them to use it. Zac said as well they have run only what they worked on in camp.