Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - BigPapaKain - 05-02-2020

(05-01-2020, 08:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Imma gonna have to agree with the White House on this one.  Fauci shouldn't be more than an arm's length away from Trump and his quackery.

When I originally read that the WH did this, I did get pretty PO'd.

But you're right, and I didn't think about it like that. Stupid knee jerk reaction.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 05-02-2020

(05-01-2020, 08:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Imma gonna have to agree with the White House on this one.  Fauci shouldn't be more than an arm's length away from Trump and his quackery.

(05-02-2020, 10:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: When I originally read that the WH did this, I did get pretty PO'd.

But you're right, and I didn't think about it like that. Stupid knee jerk reaction.

This is one of the rare times where Trump's inability to pay attention helped him.  Dr. Fauci wasn't on his radar and when all hell broke loose he was still there to make smart decisions.  By the time DJT realized Fauci looked better than him it was too late to fire replace him with a yes man.

RE: Coronavirus - BmorePat87 - 05-02-2020

(05-02-2020, 10:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: When I originally read that the WH did this, I did get pretty PO'd.

An unfortunate reality

RE: Coronavirus - BmorePat87 - 05-02-2020

Turns out it was because Democrats invited him.

He was cleared to accept the Senate GOP’s invite

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-blocks-dr-anthony-fauci-testifying-congress/story?id=70464358

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 05-02-2020

More of the "good people" the POTUS keeps encouraging.

RE: Coronavirus - jason - 05-02-2020

(05-02-2020, 05:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: More of the "good people" the POTUS keeps encouraging.

Those good people can go get ******....

RE: Coronavirus - samhain - 05-02-2020

(05-02-2020, 06:46 PM)jason Wrote: Those good people can go get ******....

I don't even understand what would make them think that's a good idea.  I mean, if I wanted to, Idk, maybe go to one of these protests and do something to make people perhaps view the movement as a bunch of facist crazies, that's the kind of sign I would carry.  I can't think of why that woman would think that carrying something like that would help her cause.  Not very bright at all.

Also, I hate and always have hated the Illinois Nazis. I just never realized that I'd one day see them outside of a fictional context in the Blues Brothers.

RE: Coronavirus - jason - 05-02-2020

(05-02-2020, 07:46 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't even understand what would make them think that's a good idea.  I mean, if I wanted to, Idk, maybe go to one of these protests and do something to make people perhaps view the movement as a bunch of facist crazies, that's the kind of sign I would carry.  I can't think of why that woman would think that carrying something like that would help her cause.  Not very bright at all.

Also, I hate and always have hated the Illinois Nazis. I just never realized that I'd one day see them outside of a fictional context in the Blues Brothers.

I assume these numbnuts are implying that the governor is a Nazi. This is similar to what either Micaelsean or Mike M posted about the rifles at the protests. I'm done when you imply that you are remotely remotely similar to victims of the Holocaust. It's a pretty big jump between stay away from people and don't go out too much so you don't die/ infect and kill someone else and being forced into cattle cars to waste and slave away before being killed.

Luckily this generation wasn't tasked with doing what our grandfathers had to do. They toughed out over a decade of economic depression only to go serve in a brutal war. These chumps can't even hunker down for the common good for 2 full months without crying "We need to know when this is gonna end.".

RE: Coronavirus - Vas Deferens - 05-03-2020

Need to make it so protestors cannot wear face masks. Solves two problems at once. Doxing and culling.

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 05-03-2020

Meanwhile...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/02/who-us-just-reported-deadliest-day-for-coronavirus.html

Quote:The US just reported its deadliest day for coronavirus patients as states reopen, according to WHO

KEY POINTS
  • The U.S. saw 2,909 people die of Covid-19 in 24 hours, according to the data, which was collected as of 4 a.m. ET on Friday.
  • That’s the highest daily death toll in the U.S. yet based on a CNBC analysis of the WHO’s daily Covid-19 situation reports. 
  • The country’s deadliest day comes as state officials weigh reopening parts of the economy and easing stay-at-home orders.

[Image: 106470969-1585785987674gettyimages-12089...=678&h=381]

The United States just had its deadliest day on record due to the coronavirus as states across the country begin to ease restrictions meant to curb the spread of the virus, according to data published by the World Health Organization. 

The U.S. saw 2,909 people die of Covid-19 in 24 hours, according to the data, which was collected as of 4 a.m. ET on Friday. That’s the highest daily Covid-19 death toll in the U.S. yet, based on a CNBC analysis of the WHO’s daily Covid-19 situation reports. 

Before May 1, the next highest U.S. daily death toll was 2,471 reported on April 23, according to the WHO. State officials have previously warned that data on Covid-19 deaths are difficult to analyze because they often represent patients who became ill and were hospitalized weeks ago.

Representatives of the WHO did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for comment. 

The country’s deadliest day comes as state officials weigh reopening parts of the economy and easing stay-at-home orders. Public health officials and epidemiologists have warned that as the public grows fatigued by restrictions and businesses reopen, the virus could spread rapidly throughout communities that have yet to experience a major epidemic.

Protesters in at least 10 states on Friday demanded that the government lift stay-at-home orders and other emergency measures put in place to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Among the states that saw protests are California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Tennessee and Washington.

Dozens of states have unveiled reopening plans and several, including Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas, have already begun to allow nonessential retailers to reopen. 

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-03-2020

Gulf War KIA 141
9/11 deaths 2,996
Vietnam War KIA 58,193
Iraq KIA 4,431
Afghanistan KIA 2,353
Total 68,114

Covid-19 deaths in the US as of this morning 67,067 and counting. By the end of the day it will exceed 69,000.

(05-03-2020, 11:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Gulf War KIA 141
9/11 deaths 2,996
Vietnam War KIA 58,193
Iraq KIA 4,431
Afghanistan KIA 2,353
Total 68,114

Covid-19 deaths in the US as of this morning 67,067 and counting. By the end of the day it will exceed 69,000.

Yes but if Trump had done NOTHING it could have been millions!

Bow to your decisive leader who only got 70,000 to die and is happy enough with that to open up the country now.  Mellow

RE: Coronavirus - NATI BENGALS - 05-03-2020

Soooooo... Uhh.. I have big concerns about trump and the trumpets pushing us into a shit storm...

Now that I think of it. I felt that way from the beginning.. And here we are.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-w-bush-we-are-not-partisan-combatants-in-fight-against-coronavirus/ar-BB13vXgA?ocid=ientp

George W. Bush: 'We are not partisan combatants' in fight against coronavirus

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495843-trump-rips-george-w-bush-after-he-issues-call-to-unite-amid

.@PeteHegseth “Oh bye the way, I appreciate the message from former President Bush, but where was he during Impeachment calling for putting partisanship aside.” @foxandfriends He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest Hoax in American history!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 3, 2020

RE: Coronavirus - jason - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 11:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-w-bush-we-are-not-partisan-combatants-in-fight-against-coronavirus/ar-BB13vXgA?ocid=ientp

George W. Bush: 'We are not partisan combatants' in fight against coronavirus

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495843-trump-rips-george-w-bush-after-he-issues-call-to-unite-amid

.@PeteHegseth “Oh bye the way, I appreciate the message from former President Bush, but where was he during Impeachment calling for putting partisanship aside.” @foxandfriends He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest Hoax in American history!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 3, 2020

"You're either with us in stopping the Coronavirus, or you're with the turrists.".

If there's one thing I have learned on these board is respect authority.  You do as you are told, and then take up any mistreatment with the courts after.

Unless you are being politely asked to not gather and spread disease, then the law is fascism and taking away your rights...I guess. Mellow

RE: Coronavirus - Dill - 05-03-2020

(05-02-2020, 05:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: More of the "good people" the POTUS keeps encouraging.

This is totally wrong. Those protestors are more like Rosa Parks.

(05-03-2020, 01:58 PM)Dill Wrote: This is totally wrong. Those protestors are more like Rosa Parks.

Yeah, an open carry Rosa Parks.

When in doubt say everything so can always say you said whatever ends up being right.

[Image: EXHMXeIXQAIntOs?format=jpg&name=900x900]

(05-03-2020, 03:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: When in doubt say everything so can always say you said whatever ends up being right.

[Image: EXHMXeIXQAIntOs?format=jpg&name=900x900]

President Trump's strategy is to blame China to deflect blame from himself despite personally thanking President Xi's response to the novel coronavirus. Thus Trump's proxies have to bend over backwards to provide Trump with his cover story regardless if their integrity is compromised in the process.  It's a damn shame that we can't believe most of the information coming from what should be considered legitimate sources of information, but unfortunately Trump has corrupted them.  So good job, Vladimir.  You got what you wanted.