Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SladeX - 03-19-2021

Was beginning to wonder about this year's FA class. Hope they keep it up.

Don't Fear the Reifer

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 10:17 PM)MickMack Wrote: There are a ton of fringe tackle/guard guys that will be available beyond the first round.  We need someone like that because, let's be honest, our backups at tackle aren't that great.

I'm more worried about Guard atm than backup T's. Resign Spain and another free agent and I'll feel a lot better. Then draft a T either Sewell at 5 or a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and I'll relax a bit. We also have our rookie from last year that did okay considering his draft status. Bring Spain back and you got a guy that can move around all 3 interior spots if needed.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bengaloo - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm more worried about Guard atm than backup T's. Resign Spain and another free agent and I'll feel a lot better. Then draft a T either Sewell at 5 or a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and I'll relax a bit. We also have our rookie from last year that did okay considering his draft status. Bring Spain back and you got a guy that can move around all 3 interior spots if needed.

I wouldnt mind bringing back Spain or signing Trai Turner, or both. And one of Ty Hilton, Golden Tate or Sammy Watkins. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I wouldnt mind bringing back Spain or signing Trai Turner, or both. And one of Ty Hilton, Golden Tate or Sammy Watkins. 

I think this is something we have to do. Spain NEEDS to come back. We NEED one more decent G prospect in FA. And we NEED to grab one veteran WR.

This way we can't be disappointed by anything in the draft and you can grab BPA rather than feeling like we have to take a specific guy or position. At least with these free agents we just know that we need a Lineman and a receiver at some point in the draft but it doesn't have to be super early.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Beaker - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: Giants didn't sign him, looking good for Cincy

Correct. Golladay has left NY without signing. We are still in play.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 10:06 AM)Beaker Wrote: Correct. Golladay has left NY without signing. We are still in play.

If I could only sign Golladay due to cap money, I would rather sign Turner or an experienced guard and trade for Ertz, then cut Uzomah (after draft) if we draft Pitts.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bengaloo - 03-20-2021

For the money Golladay is reported to be seeking, we may be able to sign Watkins, Turner and maybe one of Ingrim III or Clowney. 18+ million is a lot of money, but he wants to be paid amongst the top WR's in the NFL. We have Higgins and Boyd already. They are both potential pro bowl caliber players. We just need a #3, some depth and another TE, although CJ Uz did catch Burrow's first TD pass before he got hurt, and was a player on the rise.

But if we land Golladay I wont be upset about it. Just saying we could do more to help the team by spreading it around, considering we have 2 stud WR's already. We need another G. Spain or Turner either way.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 10:44 AM)bengaloo Wrote: For the money Golladay is reported to be seeking, we may be able to sign Watkins, Turner and maybe one of Ingrim III or Clowney. 18+ million is a lot of money, but he wants to be paid amongst the top WR's in the NFL. We have Higgins and Boyd already. They are both potential pro bowl caliber players. We just need a #3, some depth and another TE, although CJ Uz did catch Burrow's first TD pass before he got hurt, and was a player on the rise.

But if we land Golladay I wont be upset about it. Just saying we could do more to help the team by spreading it around, considering we have 2 stud WR's already. We need another G. Spain or Turner either way.

Rock On I agree 100%

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:49 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think this is something we have to do. Spain NEEDS to come back. We NEED one more decent G prospect in FA. And we NEED to grab one veteran WR.

This way we can't be disappointed by anything in the draft and you can grab BPA rather than feeling like we have to take a specific guy or position. At least with these free agents we just know that we need a Lineman and a receiver at some point in the draft but it doesn't have to be super early.

Personally, I'd like to see both Turner and Spain signed to multi year deals, as I'm pretty confident that 3rd and 2 wouldn't automatically be a passing down with those two leading the push.  Then, the team could draft and truly develop a couple of Guards to eventually take over.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 11:49 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think this is something we have to do. Spain NEEDS to come back. We NEED one more decent G prospect in FA. And we NEED to grab one veteran WR.

Carolina completely agree on the G and WR. Its possible they arent bringing Spain bac I because he doesn't match Pollacks blocking scheme. There's no talk of him at in free agency. My guess is they bring in someone like Trai Turner and get a lesser expensive WR. You can't expect your draft picks to start day one thats why I consider this free agency so vital to the season and quite honestly Zac Taylor's future.  

The team is still void of quality depth at most positions. Do our hope is this team remains healthy or itll be another season like the last 2. My opinion if we have injuries like the last 2 seasons you fire your medical staff/training staff and start new.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-20-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think part of the Rief delay is asking him to commit to the interior

(03-18-2021, 11:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: That would be dumb. As the team currently stands he would definitely be a Tackle IMO. Now if we were to draft Sewell or another highly touted prospect even then it should be a competition for the tackle spot. But why make him commit right now? If they are planning to take a T no matter who is drafted before us then it seems like a crappy way to go into the draft.

(03-19-2021, 12:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubly so when the Dolphins just signed Will Fuller, increasing their odds of taking Sewell.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/details-of-riley-reiffs-contract-with-the-bengals-revealed

Quote:"I told them I would play wherever. I am open to anything," Reiff said. "I am just here to protect Joe (Burrow) and win a lot of football games. I played guard in college. Wherever they ask me to play I will step in and play."

Pretty sure it was part of the discussion and if he'd said no to possibly moving inside; he'd not be in Stripes. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/details-of-riley-reiffs-contract-with-the-bengals-revealed

Pretty sure it was part of the discussion and if he'd said no to possibly moving inside; he'd not be in Stripes. 

IMO theyd be idiotic to put Reiff at G. This dude is a tackle period. Whether he's your RT or LT that's where you play him. Bring in Sewell or Slater start then at guard. The Bengals haven't draft a great OL since Whitt in 2006 and he started at guard and moved to LT.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Schmitbuck - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 10:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'd like to see both Turner and Spain signed to multi year deals, as I'm pretty confident that 3rd and 2 wouldn't automatically be a passing down with those two leading the push.  Then, the team could draft and truly develop a couple of Guards to eventually take over.

I wouldn't be opposed two signing both, but see them only signing one w/XSF on the roster. 

How would you approach the draft if they were able to get both vs just one? 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 11:09 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed two signing both, but see them only signing one w/XSF on the roster. 

How would you approach the draft if they were able to get both vs just one? 

I'd still be looking to stock up on OL and DL.  The team is in a situation now, where they are relying on free agents to carry the water in the trenches.  That gets rather expensive, come time to renew contracts.  Free agency is a great tool to fill spots on a team, but the mission should always be to have younger talent developing to one day take those positions.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - bfine32 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 11:04 AM)TJ528 Wrote: IMO theyd be idiotic to put Reiff at G. This dude is a tackle period. Whether he's your RT or LT that's where you play him. Bring in Sewell or Slater start then at guard. The Bengals haven't draft a great OL since Whitt in 2006 and he started at guard and moved to LT.

I'm down with either plan. The only difference is Rieff has played Guard before and Sewell has not. With RR willing to play wherever it opens up numerous options

I'd personally like to see us resign Spain or pick up Trai Turner/ Fulton/Warford and suddenly Hopkins becomes the weak link on our oline instead of the strong point. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 10:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/details-of-riley-reiffs-contract-with-the-bengals-revealed

I love the interview with Reiff.

He says he is willing to play anywhere, loved the building atmosphere with guys who want to win now. And my favorite, ready to protect Joe Burrow.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-20-2021

So far I am pretty happy with Free Agency.

Regardless of PFF Hendrickson is better for our needs than Lawson: they are both descent versus the run and on pass rush Lawson can pressure but Hendrickson actually closes the deal with sacks. Ogunjobi is a BIG add in terms of restoring our ability to generate interior pass rush. Hilton and Azuwie are also major adds because of our dumb hybrid defense and also giving us better odds of not seeing Leshaun Sims on the field (I think he may actually be worse than Rod Jones was).

And Reiff is a big upgrade over Hart at RT. Turns a big weakness at RT into a better than average.

Now please follow it up! Sign a legit Guard and a vet NFL caliber WR and resign Spain and they can call it a day from my seat.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-20-2021

I have to admit, I tend to lead towards the quantity over quality debate on Golladay. From the outside he strikes me more as a "me" guy, rather than a "we" guy. He wants to maximize his $$, which is fine, fair play to him. But I much prefer guys like Reiff & Hendrickson. I just don't think we retain him after 1 year. With Reiff I think we have a chance.

Thus, I'd rather spread that $$ around for a couple of competent vets (WR, G, LB, DL) who are of lesser quality but olug more holes. Now, if I thought we could retain him beyond 1 year, I'd sing a different tune.

If we land him, I won't be upset, though.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Synric - 03-20-2021

Isaiah Wilson Waived.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TheFan - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 11:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Isaiah Wilson Waived.

What part of his story would possibly want you to take a chance on him? He either has mental health issues he's refusing to address or is just a complete jackass we should never want on this team.