Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-18-2021, 11:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: On a condiment related note, they probably have Reiff in police interrogation room with the bright lights shining in his eyes and a bottle of ketchup on the table and Mikey is like, “Okay, show me what you got, kid.”

You forgot the part with Pauly playing a Casio in the corner wearing a leather zipper mask.  He's not on the payroll but it's what he's "into".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
I think part of the Rief delay is asking him to commit to the interior
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2021, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think part of the Rief delay is asking him to commit to the interior

That would be dumb. As the team currently stands he would definitely be a Tackle IMO. Now if we were to draft Sewell or another highly touted prospect even then it should be a competition for the tackle spot. But why make him commit right now? If they are planning to take a T no matter who is drafted before us then it seems like a crappy way to go into the draft.
(03-18-2021, 11:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: That would be dumb. As the team currently stands he would definitely be a Tackle IMO. Now if we were to draft Sewell or another highly touted prospect even then it should be a competition for the tackle spot. But why make him commit right now? If they are planning to take a T no matter who is drafted before us then it seems like a crappy way to go into the draft.

Doubly so when the Dolphins just signed Will Fuller, increasing their odds of taking Sewell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
If he signs it probably won't be announced tonight so hopefully tomorrow will be good news
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(03-19-2021, 12:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubly so when the Dolphins just signed Will Fuller, increasing their odds of taking Sewell.

Fuller was to a 1yr contract. I don’t think that would change their thinking if they were really targeting a WR.

They drafted a OT last year in the 1st rd, and just traded for Isaiah Wilson who was drafted in rd 1 in 2020 by Titans.

So who knows what they do at 3
(03-18-2021, 11:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: All possibilities.  But we are going to make last years starting tackles our new starting guards if we get Sewell and sign reiff?  That's a hole lot of shuffling for a unit that needs to be cohesive.

Does the signing of fuller have Miami eyeing Sewell even more now?

I think Miami now looks at defense possibly or more likely they trade out to a team wanting a QB.

They also could be still looking at a WR and would have to consider taking one of the Alabama WRs since they both are comfortable with Tua and they really need to up his production and comfort.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-19-2021, 12:04 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Fuller was to a 1yr contract. I don’t think that would change their thinking if they were really targeting a WR.

They drafted a OT last year in the 1st rd, and just traded for Isaiah Wilson who was drafted in rd 1 in 2020 by Titans.

If they follow suit:

Trade down and somehow garner a second this year, two firsts next year and a third.

I'm not big on the dolphins on the field, but they know how to build a roster.
(03-19-2021, 12:08 AM)Benton Wrote: If they follow suit:

Trade down and somehow garner a second this year, two firsts next year and a third.

I'm not big on the dolphins on the field, but they know how to build a roster.

That’s possible and I could see that
(03-18-2021, 11:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell has a very limited amount of college starts so starting him out at guard could help his development. 

Yes thought that could be possible as well. Either way I would thrilled with the Reiff signing. Instant upgrade over Hart even with Hart having his best performance yet last year.
Is Reiff still in town visiting?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-19-2021, 12:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is Reiff still in town visiting?

Last we heard a little while ago was yea.
He has been taken on a pub tour, couple of restaurants (apparently, including Precinct) and finished his night at Goodfellas.

This is according to someone on Twitter who has been hanging around downtown Cincinnati. Whether he's telling the truth or not, I'm not sure, but a few people were talking about it on Twitter.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(03-19-2021, 12:04 AM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Fuller was to a 1yr contract. I don’t think that would change their thinking if they were really targeting a WR.

They also drafted an OT in second round last year.
Well I hope he is signed. With him this Free Agency gets a B- so far. Without it is a D.
(03-19-2021, 01:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well I hope he is signed. With him this Free Agency gets a B- so far. Without it is a D.

What do you give them if they sign him and Galloday? 
(03-19-2021, 01:29 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: What do you give them if they sign him and Galloday? 

An A from me. 
(03-19-2021, 01:29 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: What do you give them if they sign him and Galloday? 

B

Reiff will be 33, never been a Pro Bowler or All-Pro, he hasn't played all 16 games since 2015, and they need to add at least 1 more quality OL through FA. Can't go into the draft needing 2-3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

B
(03-19-2021, 01:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Signing Golladay to a one year deal, while not bringing in a single addition to the OL would be a A?

Re read the post I replied too. Signing Reiff and adding Golladay would take it to an A for me. Adding a genuine pass rusher and a couple of young quality in the secondary. 
Some folks are too hard to please.