Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Joelist - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:39 PM)Stewy Wrote: There's a difference between CAN and CARE.

Like you.....I don't care.

No, it's simple. You can't. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - bengals1969 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So how does he help us win now again?

He’’s for 2024. He might play little like Dax in 2022, that’s best case. It’s the right pick though. Now watch Bengals re-sign Apple.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - OSUfan - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Have they drafted a single starter since the draft started? Just curious. I don't have to immediately adopt the opinion that every pick is going to be great (statistically most drafts only get, what, 2 decent players out of it if you're lucky?) and gargle a guys nuts in order to be a fan of the team. 

If they end up actually playing, I will cheer for them just like I do all guys who put on the Bengals uniform and perform well. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with the pick until then.

Also, what's up with the font? It's unrelated to the conversation and I am not saying it to pick a fight, though you feel like you might be a bit determined.... but why?

The Bengals are no longer the whipping post of the NFL. They are now winning. Winning generally occurs with much more talent being infused into the roster. This creates a situation where it is dramatically more difficult to displace starters on the roster. Most people would view this as a really good situation to be in. So because a draft selection is not an immediate starter it is a bad selection in your opinion?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BrownAssClown - 04-28-2023

another RB gone.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

Since Gio retired like today right? Seeing the Bengals draft his exact clone in Tyjae Spears would be pretty cool.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:40 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: He’’s for 2024. He might play little like Dax in 2022, that’s best case. It’s the right pick though. Now watch Bengals re-sign Apple.

He's not coming back. I don't know if they'd call him even if there's an injury.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Since Gio retired like today right? Seeing the Bengals draft his exact clone in Tyjae Spears would be pretty cool.

Sure would, I think Spears is a bit more powerful and runs a bit more upright which I actually like unlike Mixon's falling forward way.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Joelist - 04-28-2023

Miller gone. This draft has RB talent but it isn't THAT deep in it.

(04-28-2023, 10:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's not coming back. I don't know if they'd call him even if there's an injury.

Why? Apple is our kind of asshole. We would be the most likely team for him and he would be great depth as he has shown.

DJ Turner could be an outside Corner for us as Chido's replacement or Hilton's replacement in a couple, we will see.

What is nice about Turner is he could be great inside or outside and has experience against really great WR's in college.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - pally - 04-28-2023

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-28-2023

I still hope we trade Jonah for a 3rd.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - DYT_Bengal - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:34 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals are looking to get cheaper on defense which is where they spent their money during the rebuild. They have put money into the OLine and soon to be Burrow Chase and Maybe Higgins. Moves at high dollar premium positions on defensive like corner and DE will save money on offense.

Totally agree, its interesting to see how certain teams prioritize the draft especially considering that now we have Burrow we are more likely to be picking later in the first. Philly is trying to rebuild the Georgia defense, KC prioritizing fast WR back of first round, there are more examples but from a dollar value perspective Bengals are winning this draft imo.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? Apple is our kind of asshole. We would be the most likely team for him and he would be great depth as he has shown.

DJ Turner could be an outside Corner for us as Chido's replacement or Hilton's replacement in a couple, we will see.

What is nice about Turner is he could be great inside or outside and has experience against really great WR's in college.

I agree. I do think his antics cost him money in free agency. Feels like he will come back to us on a mediocre deal.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: So Round 1 is a rotational DE and Round 2 a reserve CB. Are we allergic to drafting players to start?

Unless we take a punter or a TE  they are all reserves, pretty much. 

QB: Burrow 
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd
LT: Brown 
LG: Volson 
C: Karras 
RG: Cappa 
DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard  
DT: Reader, Hill 
LB: Wilson, Pratt 
CB: Chido, CTB, Hilton 
S: Scott, Hill 

You could put forth RB. The only 2 RBs thatcwere starter/1st round worthy were gone long before #28. And Charbonnet was gone before #60. And Mixon IS still under contract. And RB is not a prime position (QB, WR, OT, DE, CB). 

We got two ELITE athletes that we can develop to hopefully take over for higher priced guys heading to their third contacts. Contenders don't have a lot of holes. 

At CB, we'd have loved to had Forbes or Banks, but they were gone. Porter had issues (Pitt) and is a press guy, not zone. We took a CB 2nd round. 

Ditto at RT. Skoronski, Wright, Johnson, & B. Jones all gone in Rd 1. Bergeron long gone & Mauch also. D. Jines sliding for a reason. Still out there. 

IOL could use more depth. Not a prime position. None taken in Rd 1. Mauch, Avila, Torrence, Tippman, Schmitz gone by #60. Avila starts over Volson, but he was top 2nd. We ain't trading up 25 spits for him  too expensive. Torrence would have to switch sides. Not sure Schmitz/Tippman beat out Karras year one. 

No 1st round worthy Ss. Only one taken so far. Branch. You wanna trade UP for him? Not a premium position. .

TE is not a premium spot. Especially under ZT. I think we'll take one Rd 3 or 4. 

(04-28-2023, 10:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Miller gone. This draft has RB talent but it isn't THAT deep in it.

Kendre Miller was underrated to me leading up to the Draft, it is still deep. Otherwise dudes like Spears, Brown, Roschon, Mitchell, 
Laborn, Dye wouldn't still be available...

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why? Apple is our kind of asshole. We would be the most likely team for him and he would be great depth as he has shown.

Dehener and Morrison mentioned towards the end the season that some higher ups were getting tired of his Twitter antics. It was rubbing people the wrong way.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I still hope we trade Jonah for a 3rd.

Probably have to trade Jonah and at least another pick for a third.
He’s coming off injury and in the last year of his deal.

(04-28-2023, 10:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehener and Morrison mentioned towards the end the season that some higher ups were getting tired of his Twitter antics. It was rubbing people the wrong way.

Why should it bother us more while he plays great for us when it matters most and he was doing this when he wasn't playing that well?

To me, nothing has changed with our Eli Apple relationship, except he played really well for us last year and the best of his career.

I think he is back for cheap, other teams are more tired of his antics as he helped us win games against them.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - ah5 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I still hope we trade Jonah for a 3rd.
Noone is that dumb

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Unless we take a punter or a TE  they are all reserves, pretty much. 

QB: Burrow 
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd
LT: Brown 
LG: Volson 
C: Karras 
RG: Cappa 
DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard  
DT: Reader, Hill 
LB: Wilson, Pratt 
CB: Chido, CTB, Hilton 
S: Scott, Hill 

You could put forth RB. The only 2 RBs thatcwere starter/1st round worthy were gone long before #28. And Charbonnet was gone before #60. And Mixon IS still under contract. And RB is not a prime position (QB, WR, OT, DE, CB). 

We got two ELITE athletes that we can develop to hopefully take over for higher priced guys heading to their third contacts. Contenders don't have a lot of holes. 

At CB, we'd have loved to had Forbes or Banks, but they were gone. Porter had issues (Pitt) and is a press guy, not zone. We took a CB 2nd round. 

Ditto at RT. Skoronski, Wright, Johnson, & B. Jones all gone in Rd 1. Bergeron long gone & Mauch also. D. Jines sliding for a reason. Still out there. 

IOL could use more depth. Not a prime position. None taken in Rd 1. Mauch, Avila, Torrence, Tippman, Schmitz gone by #60. Avila starts over Volson, but he was top 2nd. We ain't trading up 25 spits for him  too expensive. Torrence would have to switch sides. Not sure Schmitz/Tippman beat out Karras year one. 

No 1st round worthy Ss. Only one taken so far. Branch. You wanna trade UP for him? Not a premium position. .

TE is not a premium spot. Especially under ZT. I think we'll take one Rd 3 or 4. 

Love your rationality