Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2023 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2023-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** (/Thread-Week-13-GameDay-Thread-MNF-Bengals-Jaguars)

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - TKUHL - 12-05-2023

Has Lou been figured out? Why has our D specifically our 2nd half D been so horrible?

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Awful Llama - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:50 AM)Whacked Wrote: I am so flippin stuffed and bloated

From all the crow I’ve devoured for 3 hours

Gotta bigger belly than post Turkey Day

Yep, but it goes down easy  Yeah

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Has Lou been figured out? Why has our D specifically our 2nd half D been so horrible?

Losing Bell and Bates explains much.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - michaelsean - 12-05-2023

Jax loses to a backup making his second start and are blaming a holding call. #1 seed wannabe it shouldn’t even be close without Burrow. And it was a hold. One of many.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Awful Llama - 12-05-2023

Congrats, everyone: the most gameday thread posts since the AFCCG.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Essex Johnson - 12-05-2023

Great team win, especially offense, Browning outstanding, Chase great game, Mixon was money on short yardage, Brown showed couple nice runs., ZT hand them on there heels , still long shot for W.C but makes 2 homes hoping interesting, need to bring the jungle sunday.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - reuben.ahmed - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:46 AM)Destro Wrote: He absolutely hates Mixon. 

with good reason. I'm not the only one. you don't watch stats either, the final score doesn't matter because it's a stat. Big Grin

you have proof that chase brown just whipped Mixon's ass and you want to make excuses.

you gave him an excuse for nearly knocking a woman out too, she slapped him, he had to defend himself!

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - michaelsean - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:54 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Congrats, everyone: the most gameday thread posts since the AFCCG.

I think someone predicted a record low turnout.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - reuben.ahmed - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:47 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Mixon does run in alot of hard situations. Both backs were good tonight. Good to see Chase get some runs and have success.

If someone is going to blame the OL when another RB is flourishing behind the same OL, then when the OL plays "well", you don't get the credit. Another way to say, Joe Mixon is not good. Is someone saying he's average? I think his YPC is below average again this year.

Some of the forum members here like to give blame and take credit, it seems.

(12-05-2023, 01:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think someone predicted a record low turnout.

It looked like it was going to be for a while.  Better than last week, but still low.  Amazing what a "little" drama can do for that.  

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - jfkbengals - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Has Lou been figured out? Why has our D specifically our 2nd half D been so horrible?

We have a starting corner returning from a major injury and not back to top gear, two rookie DBs, and a second year starting safety who didn't get much in the way of scrimmage snaps last season.  There will be bumps along the way in the growth of the secondary unit, but their future is looking bright.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - WildCat - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:49 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: WHAT?  Tell you what, if Browning goes on a run to get us in the playoffs, I put ZT up for coach of the year and we begin building a statue.

this comment was brought to you by bud light, but I still feel strongly this win speaks to how ZT is a great coach.  The effort of the team as a whole would never have happened under Marvin.  NEVER.

zac taylor had very little to do with this win those playcalls were horrid. should've never been this close. he's got some great players but letting those two safeties go got us in the position we are in right now. regardless of what happened to burrow. you're in enemy chief territory like me. wanna guess how that game on new years eve turns out?

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - RunKijanaRun - 12-05-2023

Take away the two ridiculous trick play calls. and Taylor did a nice job tonight.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - casear2727 - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:50 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Someone send us the best posts from the Jaguars forum

A couple said Burrow would have thrown for over 500. 

They ***** and whine almost as bad as our posters about their team, but not quite at our elite level of whinyness.

Many think their season is over like we did when Burrow went down.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - matmaven - 12-05-2023

Very young secondary is the biggest issue.  Significant growing pains. Giving up 2.8 YPC was a huge improvement.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Whacked - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:52 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, but it goes down easy  Yeah

Indeed Big Grin

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - NUGDUKWE - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If someone is going to blame the OL when another RB is flourishing behind the same OL, then when the OL plays "well", you don't get the credit. Another way to say, Joe Mixon is not good. Is someone saying he's average? I think his YPC is below average again this year.

Some of the forum members here like to give blame and take credit, it seems.

Hey I'd be fine with giving Brown some of these short yardage runs and see if he can pick up 2 yards up the middle. Mixon just isn't gonna give us that many explosive plays so if Chase can do that some I'm all for it. Mixons time is gonna be up here in at most one more season and I've got news for you Chase Brown is not the bell cow answer. We will need another RB to atleast do a committee so why are we arguing about it. 

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - Joelist - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 02:04 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hey I'd be fine with giving Brown some of these short yardage runs and see if he can pick up 2 yards up the middle. Mixon just isn't gonna give us that many explosive plays so if Chase can do that some I'm all for it. Mixons time is gonna be up here in at most one more season and I've got news for you Chase Brown is not the bell cow answer. We will need another RB to atleast do a committee so why are we arguing about it. 

The key is if Chase Brown can be Lightning then we can draft Thunder and have a good combo. 

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - (MNF) Bengals @ Jaguars*** - NUGDUKWE - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 02:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: The key is if Chase Brown can be Lightning then we can draft Thunder and have a good combo. 

That's what I'm thinking. Chase gives us some more quickness and thus can give us more big play chances. Mixon really outside of last week has still been running okay (which was far from all on him) and he still does the dirty work.

TLaw with "just" an ankle sprain. MRI coming up tomorrow.