Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Probably have to trade Jonah and at least another pick for a third.
He’s coming off injury and in the last year of his deal.

Jonah is looking good though according to Sled and others and now a days other teams know it.

But not against trading him and a pick for one of these players we really like. Would just rather keep the picks of course lol

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BengalFanInCanada - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: So Round 1 is a rotational DE and Round 2 a reserve CB. Are we allergic to drafting players to start?

Both could start but don’t need to.

We really don’t need to reach for a starter.

What planet are you from.  Visiting  long?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - OSUfan - 04-28-2023

If they come out of this draft with one of the following TEs I would be pretty happy:

Tucker Kraft (my favorite)
Davis Allen
Josh Whyle
Cameron Latu
Payne Durham

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Miller gone. This draft has RB talent but it isn't THAT deep in it.

Spears, Bigsby and Devon Achane all still around.

Edit: Chase Brown has potential as well.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - pulses - 04-28-2023

Might have a chance at Washington or a good RB at 92.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Probably have to trade Jonah and at least another pick for a third.
He’s coming off injury and in the last year of his deal.

He would obviously need to agree to an extension before the trade.  Nobody is trading a 3rd round pick for Jonah without an agreed upon extension.

We wont go after Dewand Jones if we still have Williams, Carman and Collins.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why should it bother us more while he plays great for us when it matters most and he was doing this when he wasn't playing that well?

To me, nothing has changed with our Eli Apple relationship, except he played really well for us last year and the best of his career.

I think he is back for cheap, other teams are more tired of his antics as he helped us win games against them.

Take it up with the higher ups who told Dehner and Morrison their feelings about Apple.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:41 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The Bengals are no longer the whipping post of the NFL. They are now winning. Winning generally occurs with much more talent being infused into the roster. This creates a situation where it is dramatically more difficult to displace starters on the roster. Most people would view this as a really good situation to be in. So because a draft selection is not an immediate starter it is a bad selection in your opinion?

If it's not a selection but both selections, the answer is yes.

-Irv Smith Jr isn't very good and will get hurt and then we'll be back to Drew Sample as the starting TE.
-Joe Mixon is a bum on the field and seems dead set on being either the head of the NRA or in jail off the field.
-RT is a huge question mark, and LG is a small question mark.

There's no team in the NFL who doesn't need a single starter somewhere. The Super Bowl Champ Chiefs legitimately in a dynasty drafted 1 possibly 2 starters. The Eagles, who went to the SB drafted a starter. The Bengals have a good roster, I haven't disputed that. 

They don't have a TON of needs, but they do have a couple. I wouldn't hate one of those two picks on it's own if the other was addressing a starting need, but both combined I just don't like. You can go Kirkpatrick and Zeitler, or Chase and Carman. Don't go Ogbuehi and Fisher.

I wear orange tinted glasses as a Bengals fan, but they're just tinted, not opaque.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - cinci4life - 04-28-2023

There goes Kraft.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-28-2023

Tucker Kraft off the board

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

Packers double dip at TE.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Mike M (the other one) - 04-28-2023

For our next pick, I'd like to see:
Kraft if he's still there. <---- Effing Packers
Chandler Zavala
Wanya Morris

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BrownAssClown - 04-28-2023

Goddamn GB!

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Stewy - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Unless we take a punter or a TE  they are all reserves, pretty much. 

QB: Burrow 
WR: Chase, Higgins, Boyd
LT: Brown 
LG: Volson 
C: Karras 
RG: Cappa 
DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard  
DT: Reader, Hill 
LB: Wilson, Pratt 
CB: Chido, CTB, Hilton 
S: Scott, Hill 

You could put forth RB. The only 2 RBs thatcwere starter/1st round worthy were gone long before #28. And Charbonnet was gone before #60. And Mixon IS still under contract. And RB is not a prime position (QB, WR, OT, DE, CB). 

We got two ELITE athletes that we can develop to hopefully take over for higher priced guys heading to their third contacts. Contenders don't have a lot of holes. 

At CB, we'd have loved to had Forbes or Banks, but they were gone. Porter had issues (Pitt) and is a press guy, not zone. We took a CB 2nd round. 

Ditto at RT. Skoronski, Wright, Johnson, & B. Jones all gone in Rd 1. Bergeron long gone & Mauch also. D. Jines sliding for a reason. Still out there. 

IOL could use more depth. Not a prime position. None taken in Rd 1. Mauch, Avila, Torrence, Tippman, Schmitz gone by #60. Avila starts over Volson, but he was top 2nd. We ain't trading up 25 spits for him  too expensive. Torrence would have to switch sides. Not sure Schmitz/Tippman beat out Karras year one. 

No 1st round worthy Ss. Only one taken so far. Branch. You wanna trade UP for him? Not a premium position. .

TE is not a premium spot. Especially under ZT. I think we'll take one Rd 3 or 4. 

Excellent post.

Ive been saying all along - no te before the fourth - for the reasons you mention - looking good especially with kraft gone

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - TheFan - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:54 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Both could start but don’t need to.

We really don’t need to reach for a starter.

What planet are you from.  Visiting  long?

You're trying to tell me teams that made the superbowl and AFC championship doesn't having gaping holes everywhere?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BengalsLUFC - 04-28-2023

Take a chance on Washington this is the same team that took ***** Sample in the 2nd

Payne or Tank otherwise.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

Well the TEs dried up. Outside of a healthy Washington none of them move the needle for me.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - phil413 - 04-28-2023

Gotta trade a 5th to go up and steal Washington. Wow.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 10:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So how does he help us win now again?

There aren’t many positions on this team where a 2nd round rookie will start this season. They lost some CBs, Awuzie is coming back from injury, and they need to plan on replacing aging, expensive veterans who will become free agents in the near future so they don’t have to start a rookie and also have salary cap space to re-sign Higgins, Chase, and Burrow.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Well the TEs dried up. Outside of a healthy Washington none of them move the needle for me.

I've been a Whyle fan for a few years