Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will we see players kneel? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Will we see players kneel? (/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Big Boss - 09-24-2017

Cool, bro.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

Empty gesture. Nothing more.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

come out of your cocoon, that is exactly what he was doing, I know it and he knows it

I would say you're being sensitive but i don't want to chance you thinking i'm calling you names, so i'll just say, if that's how you feel about his statement, so be it. 

Peace

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - ShowMeUrTDs - 09-24-2017

As a veteran who took an oath to defend the United States Constitution with my life, and took an oath to carry out the Constitution and the laws of this State & Country in my current work. I have zero problem with people exercising their Constituionally protected right of freedom of expression. Most of my friends who are vets, and currently still active feel the same including my cousin who is a Command Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army.

People fought and died for our rights, and freedoms, so whenever you have a problem with people exercising those rights in our nation,, just because you don’t care with the politics, then you are disrepecting every single person that ever fought, was injured, or perished fighting for those rights.

You may not like the politics, but don’t say its because of the troops and the flag which have everything to do with the principles supporting the protest.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Sled21 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:58 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: As a veteran who took an oath to defend the United States Constitution with my life, and took an oath to carry out the Constitution and the laws of this State & Country in my current work. I have zero problem with people exercising their Constituionally protected right of freedom of expression. Most of my friends who are vets, and currently still active feel the same including my cousin who is a Command Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army.

People fought and died for our rights, and freedoms, so whenever you have a problem with people exercising those rights in our nation,, just because you don’t care with the politics, then you are disrepecting every single person that ever fought, was injured, or perished fighting for those rights.

You may not like the politics, but don’t say its because of the troops and the flag which have everything to do with the principles supporting the protest.

Wrong! Sure, they absolutely have the right to do what they are doing. And we have a not to like it and a right not to support it financially. See how that works... actions have consequences.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Synric - 09-24-2017

Lol all of this is because of trumps comments.

What do people expect...If I come across a sign that says don't step on the grass I'm gonna step on the grass...If no one's around I may dance on it lol.

(09-24-2017, 03:51 PM)McC Wrote: Where's it being done?  All I hear is to kneel or not to kneel.  Show me one source of anybody doing anything and I'll shut up about it.

Well, if anyone could be in every city, in ever meeting, in every instance of checking and updating policy, they could show you. But since they can't...

wait

https://www.rt.com/usa/311503-police-brutality-protests-state-reforms/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-police-use-of-force-met-20161007-story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/01/29/police-chiefs-consider-dramatic-reforms-to-officer-tactics-training-to-prevent-so-many-shootings/?utm_term=.52209f480909

The Google

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Awful Llama - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:58 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: As a veteran who took an oath to defend the United States Constitution with my life, and took an oath to carry out the Constitution and the laws of this State & Country in my current work. I have zero problem with people exercising their Constituionally protected right of freedom of expression. Most of my friends who are vets, and currently still active feel the same including my cousin who is a Command Sergeant Major in the U.S. Army.

Well said, sir.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Circleville Guy - 09-24-2017

I weep for the current state of our country. I really miss the 80s, there seemed to be a lot less strife and hate. The internet has really helped divide people even more. The media has an obvious agenda and pushes it regardless of the cost.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'll probably stop supporting the team if they kneel and probably stop watching the NFL in general

Yes, unfortunately.

Not unfortunately because of the kneeling but because of the way they achieve their suckiness year after year, in many various ways. 

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - bfine32 - 09-24-2017

We hang around some different Military folks. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - leonardfan40 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can't compare an active, physical act to a passive act. 

Rioting, sure.

Sure I can, and I was doing so to say there is a right and wrong way to get attention and how that act will be perceived. Had nothing to do with physical violence of the slap, but if that's the best rebuttal you have to support the protest not being disrespectful to the flag then ok. Agree to disagree 

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - ShowMeUrTDs - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We hang around some different Military folks. 

Yeah I am sure in deep down Kentucky, the diversity of veterans/military you assoicate with, doesn’t accurately represent the diversity that actually makes up our military!

RE: Will we see players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, if anyone could be in every city, in ever meeting, in every instance of checking and updating policy, they could show you. But since they can't...

wait

https://www.rt.com/usa/311503-police-brutality-protests-state-reforms/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-police-use-of-force-met-20161007-story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/01/29/police-chiefs-consider-dramatic-reforms-to-officer-tactics-training-to-prevent-so-many-shootings/?utm_term=.52209f480909

The Google
I didn't see anything in any of those links that attaches any of these proposals that connects it to CK and these least i can do gestures.  What else ya got?

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - RoyleRedlegs - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:09 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Yeah I am sure in deep down Kentucky, the diversity of veterans/military you assoicate with, doesn’t accurately represent the diversity that actually makes up our military!

It's almost like people have varying opinions on things. Wild isn't it?  ThumbsUp

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

My thoughts exactly but i don't feel i have a right to express it in that way since i've never served. 

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:09 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Yeah I am sure in deep down Kentucky, the diversity of veterans/military you assoicate with, doesn’t accurately represent the diversity that actually makes up our military!

Wow.  What a dick thing to say.   Racist much?

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Circleville Guy - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The point.

Your post. 

It's not strictly a black vs white issue. It's an issue with the state of policing and injustice. Is it currently manifested in situations that prominently feature a racial bias? Yes.  But that isn't the whole point and painting it as such shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be a complete re-evaluation of how things work here. 
Then why the black lives matter BS? All I'm saying is that this whole thing was born out of a false narrative pushed by the media with an agenda. If you don't see that, I don't know what else to say. 

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Sled21 - 09-24-2017

You obviously haven't spent much time in Kentucky.

(09-24-2017, 04:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Sure I can, and I was doing so to say there is a right and wrong way to get attention and how that act will be perceived. Had nothing to do with physical violence of the slap, but if that's the best rebuttal you have to support the protest not being disrespectful to the flag then ok. Agree to disagree 

Sure you "can", but then you'd be comparing things that aren't comparable. Wink