Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries (/Thread-Trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-%E2%80%98s-hole%E2%80%99-countries)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 02:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Given the fact that immigration has caused one shutdown and may very well cause another in less than a month, the fact that the President's response to bipartisan proposals was to deride an entire continent and its inhabitants is of public concern. I don't know if I'd simply write them off as "gotcha words" when they represent the fact that an advisor with fringe beliefs and ties to the leader of the white supremacist movement in the US is the person seemingly guiding the conversation on our immigration policy.

No way does Schumer have the balls to shut it down again. He risks big losses in the mid terms if he gets treated like a chump again. Exactly why trump blasted him on Twitter. You make him look weak.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - fredtoast - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if Merckle said "Why are we letting all those people from narcissistic, racist countries, instead of more liberal countries such as Holland?" She has talked badly about you and all citizens of the US?

Yes.  If she was talking about all citizens then that would include me.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp.  It is possible to speak badly of a country without insulting all of its citizens, but when you start talking about all of the citizens then you are making a blanket statement and judging everyone in the country.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Trump was not just talking about the country or its leaders.  he was talking about individual citizens who want to immigrate to the US.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  If she was talking about all citizens then that would include me.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp.  It is possible to speak badly of a country without insulting all of its citizens, but when you start talking about all of the citizens then you are making a blanket statement and judging everyone in the country.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.  Trump was not just talking about the country or its leaders.  he was talking about individual citizens who want to immigrate to the US.

He just called those countries s-holes. Which they are.... heck the people agree with Trump. They aren’t dumb they know those countries are s-holes.

Quote:But a West Africa sociologist from Guinea agrees with President Trump. From Yahoo News:

"President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of shit," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea. "When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it's crap."

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  If she was talking about all citizens then that would include me.

Not difficult at all for me to grasp. Of course it is possible to speak badly of a country without insulting all of its citizens.

I've been to Afghanistan and that place is a shithole. Its rulers rule by deceit, intimidation, and fear and that is just the elected leaders. The self-appointed leaders (warlords) can be must worse. Also while in Afghanistan I have had families that cannot afford shoes slaughter their last goat just to have a feast when I came to their village.

Many of them would never leave that country and just want education and running water. Some of them are the most compassionate people I have ever seen in my life, but their country is a shithole.

(01-24-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not difficult at all for me to grasp. Of course it is possible to speak badly of a country without insulting all of its citizens.

I've been to Afghanistan and that place is a shithole. Its rulers rule by deceit, intimidation, and fear and that is just the elected leaders. The self-appointed leaders (warlords) can be must worse. Also while in Afghanistan I have had families that cannot afford shoes slaughter their last goat just to have a feast when I came to their village.

Many of them would never leave that country and just want education and running water. Some of them are the most compassionate people I have ever seen in my life, but their country is a shithole.

No one has called every citizen of a country a s-hole. These guys just want something to complain about instead of just admitting these places are in fact s-hole disasters.

They have to virtue signal for a week instead of just admit what we all already know and move on to the issue at hand. Immigration

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 05:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one has called every citizen of a country a s-hole.   These guys just want something to complain about instead of just admitting these places are in fact s-hole disasters.  

They have to virtue signal for a week instead of just admit what we all already know and move on to the issue at hand.  Immigration

It's just more of the non-productive back and forth that is ruining our establishment.

Instead of crying "RACIST!!" perhaps someone could have explained to him something similar to what I did when I answered Fred.

So if we were talking about Afghanistan and someone asked me "Why do we allow so many immigrants from this shithole' I would agree with them that it is a shithole, but there are some good and innocent people there. I would not "stand up to the bully" and hold a press conference after the meeting to cry "RACIST!!"

Other folks have motivation for doing so; however, it is not constructive. Racism is based on ignorance; I've always tried to share thoughts and ideas with the ignorant, not call them names.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - fredtoast - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see it to be quite the reach; just as I do many other 'racist' comments attributed to Trump.

Of course you do.  I am well aware of your preconceived notions about how Trump is not a racist.

So please tell me from a completely objective standpoint how this is NOT a racist statement when it is 100% false.

"Whites killed by blacks...81%"

Whites killed by blacks is actually less than 15%.

(01-24-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you do.  I am well aware of your preconceived notions about how Trump is not a racist.

So please tell me from a completely objective standpoint how this is NOT a racist statement when it is 100% false.

It's an ignorant statement. 

(01-24-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: while in Afghanistan I have had families that cannot afford shoes slaughter their last goat just to have a feast when I came to their village.

So if there are so many good people in Afghanistan why would you be against letting them immigrate to the Unites States in order to let in more people from Norway?

What makes people from Norway so much superior to these fine people from Afghanistan?

(01-24-2018, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's an ignorant statement. 

And racist, right?

What other reason could a person have to make such a false statement other than to denigrate the entire race of black people?

same thing as when he said some of the people marching in Charlottesville chanting "Blood and Soil" were "good people".

(01-24-2018, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And racists, right?

What other reason could a person have to make such a false statement other than to denigrate the entire race of black people?

No I don't not consider that statement in itself to be racist. Now "Blacks should kill folks simply because they are white" that is racist.

As I've said the burden of proof that is something is racist is much easier to prove to you and those of your ilk.

Or how about when he claimed that the violent crime rate among illegal Mexican immigrants was "mind boggling" when in fact it is pretty much the same as the general population of US citizens?

(01-24-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you do.  I am well aware of your preconceived notions about how Trump is not a racist.

Are we labeling someone a racist because they make ignorant/idiotic statements?

If that’s the case then everyone is a racist. Which just blows up the term and makes it irrelevant.

At some point everyone has made ignorant/idiotic statements.

I don’t label you a pedo for your comments about my daughters. I just chalk it up to an ignorant/idiotic comment by you.

(01-24-2018, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if there are so many good people in Afghanistan why would you be against letting them immigrate to the Unites States in order to let in more people from Norway?

What makes people from Norway so much superior to these fine people from Afghanistan?

Who the hell said I would be against letting them in/ I simply provided I would give as an answer to someone that posed the question because he or she might be ignorant of the truth. We would gain nothing if I just sat on my hands until the meeting was over the claimed racism.

(01-24-2018, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No I don't not consider that statement in itself to be racist. Now "Blacks should kill folks simply because they are white" that is racist.

As I've said the burden of proof that is something is racist is much easier to prove to you and those of your ilk.

So if the motive of that lie was not to stir up hatred against blacks what was it?

The ONLY reason to tell such a huge lie was to insult and damage all black people.

How is that not racists?

(01-24-2018, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell said I would be against letting them in/ I simply provided I would give as an answer to someone that posed the question because he or she might be ignorant of the truth. We would gain nothing if I just sat on my hands until the meeting was over the claimed racism.

Trump isn’t even against immigration from those countries. He supports the raise act . Which is open to all countries. It’s a non racist policy compared to the current policy.

(01-24-2018, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell said I would be against letting them in/ I simply provided I would give as an answer to someone that posed the question because he or she might be ignorant of the truth. We would gain nothing if I just sat on my hands until the meeting was over the claimed racism.

We are talking about Trump, not you. 

You claimed there were a lot of good people in "shithole countries".  Trump says that those people are not worthy to immigrate to the US while people from white countries like Norway are superior.  You guys are saying two different things.

(01-24-2018, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are we labeling someone a racist because they make ignorant/idiotic statements?  

If that’s the case then everyone is a racist.   Which just blows up the term and makes it irrelevant.  

WTF?

So in your mind racist only say intelligent things that are 100 accurate?  They never tell lies or say stupid things?

Everyone that makes racist comments is a racist.  It is possible for a very stupid person to be racist.  In fact I believe that most racists are stupid.

It is also possible for a person to be very stupid and NOT be a racist.  

(01-24-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are talking about Trump, not you. 

You claimed there were a lot of good people in "shithole countries".  Trump says that those people are not worthy to immigrate to the US while people from white countries like Norway are superior.  You guys are saying two different things.

Yet trump supports the actual policy that doesn’t set country of origin as a benefit to any immigrant.

So basically everything you are arguing against is moot.

(01-24-2018, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

So in your mind racist only say intelligent things that are 100 accurate?  They never tell lies or say stupid things?

Everyone that makes racist comments is a racist.  It is possible for a very stupid person to be racist.  In fact I believe that most racists are stupid.

It is also possible for a person to be very stupid and NOT be a racist.  

There are racist actions and racist statements. Calling a country a s-hole isn’t either of those.