Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The QB position - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The QB position (/Thread-The-QB-position)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: The QB position - bfine32 - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mark Sanchez has a higher career playoff passer rating than Tom Brady.

Which one would you chose as your QB if you had to win a playoff game?

I'm gonna go with the guy that has won 27 playoff games, Now if they were tied in wins; I'd most likely go with the one with the better performances in the playoffs. 

I must admit, I'm not sure (much like the Marvin Jones comment) what point you are failing to make. Or your assertion playoff stats are not relevant to playoff games.

RE: The QB position - fredtoast - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna go with the guy that has won 27 playoff games, Now if they were tied in wins; I'd most likely go with the one with the better performances in the playoffs. 

Who has more wins between McCarron and Dalton.

(05-05-2018, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who has more wins between McCarron and Dalton.

They are tied, assuming we are still talking about playoffs. 

Who has more losses?

(05-05-2018, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Or your assertion playoff stats are not relevant to playoff games.

It is so simple. I have already explained it once.  Comparing playoff stats from different seasons with differnt coaches and differnt teammates is meaningless when you can compare stats from the same season with the same coaches and the same teammates.

Maybe this will make it simple enough so that even you can understand.

Which of these QBs is better in the playoffs

"A".....5 games.... 1 td, 6 ints, 46.5 passer rating
"B".....6 games....15 td, 1 int, 110.2 passer rating

"A" is Joe Flacco in '08-'09
"B" is Joe Flacco in '11-'12

Get it now? 

(05-05-2018, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who has more losses?

They have both lost every playoff game they have started.

Who has made it to the playoffs more often?

(05-05-2018, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is so simple. I have already explained it once.  Comparing playoff stats from different seasons with differnt coaches and differnt teammates is meaningless when you can compare stats from the same season with the same coaches and the same teammates.

Maybe this will make it simple enough so that even you can understand.

Which of these QBs is better in the playoffs

"A".....5 games.... 1 td, 6 ints, 46.5 passer rating
"B".....6 games....15 td, 1 int, 110.2 passer rating

"A" is Joe Flacco in '08-'09
"B" is Joe Flacco in '11-'12

Get it now? 
Thanks for "dumbing it down" for me. I have already asked what the difference was in talent between the various seasons. You came up with Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu and it was shown to be silly.

I will state I am done with this; as the saying why argue with fools comes to mind. The point was if we lose our starting QB we are done. I provided facts to show we are not. Somehow that made you and others upset. So I'll leave this discussion with this and once again leave you and others to come up with excuses reasons:

A backup QB has had the best playoff game and got us closer to a playoff victory than any QB in over 1/4 century. 

RE: The QB position - PDub80 - 05-05-2018

(05-04-2018, 06:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One defense allowed 27 points and forced no turnovers, while the other allowed 18 points and forced 2 turnovers?

Ahahahahahah !!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!!!!

That ^ is hilarious.

How about your boy, Andy Dalton, once again pooping his pants in an important game vs AJ McCarron actually getting better as the game wore on? In the playoffs, Aj McCarron MADE HIS IMPORTANT THROW to AJ Green while Andy Dalton has routinely missed his.

Texans game, Andy missed a wide open AJ to take the lead with around 2mins left. Steelers game, McCarron HITS AJ Green on a big play to lead to the score. Andy melts under the spotlight. McCarron shines.

Let's examine this Chargers game you laughably bashed the Defense for.... In that Chargers game, that defense was F'd in the A by Andy. At half time the Bengals had the lead 10-7. Good job defense. Andy Dallton.... where are you? Oh, wait, here he is.....

Andy then leads the team to a 4 & out coming out of half time. And then (UNTOUCHED BY ANYONE) fumbles on the 46 = SD field goal. And then an interception on the Bengals 33 = SD FG. And then YET ANOTHER INT on the SD 32. So, to recap, "big game" Andy needs a diaper change.

Andy Dalton is trash in big games. Period. Point blank. But, hey.... he can really light up those Browns twice a year to pad his stats, right? Oh, wait... unless it's Thursday night football. In that case, he reverts back to trash. 

Still hilarious

(05-05-2018, 08:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote:  In that Chargers game, that defense was F'd in the A by Andy. At half time the Bengals had the lead 10-7. Good job defense. Andy Dallton.... where are you? Oh, wait, here he is.....

Andy then leads the team to a 4 & out coming out of half time. 

And the defense was so gassed from sitting on their butts since the first half that they allow a 10 play 80 yards td drive.

Damn you Andy Dalton!

(05-05-2018, 08:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Andy Dalton is trash in big games. Period. Point blank. But, hey.... he can really light up those Browns twice a year to pad his stats, right? Oh, wait... unless it's Thursday night football. In that case, he reverts back to trash. 

In Andy's last Thursday night game against the Browns he completed 78% of his passes with 3 tds, zero ints, and a 137.5 passer rating.

Poor Dalton haters.  They have to block so much from their memory in order to maintain their fiction.

(05-05-2018, 08:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote:  Andy melts under the spotlight. McCarron shines.

McCarron has never beaten a team that went better than 5-11.

Dalton has 14 wins against playoff teams including head-to-head matchups with Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck.

RE: The QB position - Shake n Blake - 05-05-2018

(05-05-2018, 08:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ahahahahahah !!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!!!!

That ^ is hilarious.

1. How about your boy, Andy Dalton, once again pooping his pants in an important game vs AJ McCarron actually getting better as the game wore on? In the playoffs, Aj McCarron MADE HIS IMPORTANT THROW to AJ Green while Andy Dalton has routinely missed his.

2. Texans game, Andy missed a wide open AJ to take the lead with around 2mins left. Steelers game, McCarron HITS AJ Green on a big play to lead to the score. Andy melts under the spotlight. McCarron shines.

3. Let's examine this Chargers game you laughably bashed the Defense for.... In that Chargers game, that defense was F'd in the A by Andy. At half time the Bengals had the lead 10-7. Good job defense. Andy Dallton.... where are you? Oh, wait, here he is.....

Andy then leads the team to a 4 & out coming out of half time. And then (UNTOUCHED BY ANYONE) fumbles on the 46 = SD field goal. And then an interception on the Bengals 33 = SD FG. And then YET ANOTHER INT on the SD 32. So, to recap, "big game" Andy needs a diaper change.

4. Andy Dalton is trash in big games. Period. Point blank. But, hey.... he can really light up those Browns twice a year to pad his stats, right? Oh, wait... unless it's Thursday night football. In that case, he reverts back to trash. 

Still hilarious

Yikes. Calm down dude. This really isn't life or death here. Mellow

Either way, I will calmly and respectfully address your post.

1. How is one guy pooping his pants and the other isn't? McCarron had 2 turnovers (1 INT, 3 fumbles, 1 lost) and a 68.3 rating which are objectively awful numbers. The offensive output was awful and McCarron looked awful outside of a couple throws. He pooped his pants. Filled them. Outside of Texans 2.0, Dalton hasn't even had a scenario where he could be clutch. We were getting blown out in each game. 

I mean, are we really going to act like Mac was "clutch"? He played like ass for 3.5 quarters and the defense gift wrapped him excellent field position and kept the game close by limiting a beast offense to 15 points (at the time of our lead). If the defense does that for Andy and AJ Green is wide open like he was, I think Andy hits that throw. It wasn't a difficult one to make.

Burfict played like a hero. Atkins played like a hero. McCarron played like garbage. Just like every other playoff QB under Merv (Kitna, Palmer, Dalton, McCarron). 

2. That's where we're at? Dalton missed that deep throw in Texans 2.0 and he's infinitely a choke artist, while McCarron hits one mid-range throw and he's Joe Montana? Labels shouldn't be given on such little evidence. 

3. Lemme get this straight... so Andy screwed his defense with 3 turnovers, but McCarron's 2 turnovers had zero affect? Didn't you think that through before you posted? Lets just call it what it is: the defense came to play against the Steelers, and they folded hard against the Chargers. I'm sure it helps a QB's confidence when his defense has his back and not only keep the score manageable, but also gives him the ball back.

4. Check my sig. Dalton has been great in prime-time since that Browns disaster, which in the end was just one game. He's come to play in prime-time, yet we're still losing. I wonder why? Couldn't have anything to do with that Head Coach who was choking in Prime Time when Dalton was was in grade school.  Whatever

RE: The QB position - CornerBlitz - 05-05-2018

Instead of nitpicking game by game which does nobody any good, can't we just have a general consensus?

1. Andy Dalton has played like crap in the playoffs.

2.AJM didn't play very well in his one playoff game but started to show signs towards the end and did get the team very close to winning.

3. Dalton is probably better than AJM overall even with the inferior playoff play.

4. Dalton overall is a mediocre QB that sucks when it counts the most.

/thread

(05-05-2018, 09:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Instead of nitpicking game by game which does nobody any good, can't we just have a general consensus?

1. Andy Dalton has played like crap in the playoffs.

2.AJM didn't play very well in his one playoff game but started to show signs towards the end and did get the team very close to winning.

3. Dalton is probably better than AJM overall even with the inferior playoff play.

4. Dalton overall is a mediocre QB that sucks when it counts the most.  

/thread

I can agree with all but 4. Andy is fine starting QB. Mediocre means "of moderate quality; not very good". I hope he lights it up this yer and takes us to the Super Bowl; I do believe he has the ability. 

RE: The QB position - grampahol - 05-05-2018

I smell the Woodside super bowl dynasty era coming.. Andy, Barkly and whatisface all injured in pre season and Woodside never looks back!
Well that would be a pleasant surprise wouldn't it?
I'm going out on a limb and predicting nobody is holding their breath on this one..

(05-05-2018, 10:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: I smell the Woodside super bowl dynasty era coming.. Andy, Barkly and whatisface all injured in pre season and Woodside never looks back!  
Well that would be a pleasant surprise wouldn't it?
I'm going out on a limb and predicting nobody is holding their breath on this one..

If Logan wears #10 he may be my new favorite Bengal, Does anyone know why?

RE: The QB position - jeremydc - 05-05-2018

Hence, the "Dalton Scale"

The more I read and watch about Logan Woodside the more I like the pick. He's a guy I think might just crack the starting lineup someday and could possibly be Andy's successor sometime in the next few years . I have a feeling he'll pass up both Barkly and Driscol to become the #2 by next season at the  latest. This season he'll likely be behind Barkly, but after that he's going to be a team staple . I'm betting they drop the Driscol development experiment in favor of Woodside  . There's just a lot more upside to his game .

(05-05-2018, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Logan wears #10 he may be my new favorite Bengal, Does anyone know why?
10 is more than 9? Less than 11? 

(05-05-2018, 11:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: 10 is more than 9? Less than 11? 

Although you are right; that's not the reason.

RE: The QB position - jorev5 - 05-06-2018

(05-05-2018, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Logan wears #10 he may be my new favorite Bengal, Does anyone know why?

#10 in soccer is sometimes given to attacking midfielder, someone who distributes the ball, but also can score themselves and also sometimes the number ten is the best player/leader of the team.  Is this why?