Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-01-2019

Didn't they already interview Hue Jackson?

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Whatever - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:16 PM)Destro Wrote: The Bengals had a minority head coach for 16 years, they should get a pass for 25 as it was Marvin Lewis.

They should, but they won't.  We all know that if we pulled something like the Raiders did with Gruden, ol' Goodell will spin the wheel of justice and take draft picks to send a message to the rest of the league.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - I_C_DeadPeople - 01-01-2019

Seems to be a leaning toward offensive coach candidates so far...

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Shake n Blake - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 01:21 PM)McC Wrote: Looked to me the Jags were so used to losing that when they did win big, they got a bit full of themselves and it cost them.  Plus, Blake Bortles.

Plus Fournette missed 70% of the season.

(01-01-2019, 01:56 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Let’s be honest though if we hired Josh McDaniels despite his trust issues we’d be going batshit crazy here. Has he responded to the interview request yet? Has any of the coaches responded to the requests yet other then in house candidates?

Can't lie. I've bashed McDaniels for some stuff he's done (and his track record...and the fact that NE coaches usually suck), yet I still think I'd be excited. Weird.

(01-01-2019, 03:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Seems to be a leaning toward offensive coach candidates so far...

Which I couldn't be happier about. We haven't had an offensive-minded HC in 20 years. 

Time to catch up with the rest of the league. These defensive guys are basically dinosaurs now.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Which I couldn't be happier about. We haven't had an offensive-minded HC in 20 years. 

Time to catch up with the rest of the league. These defensive guys are basically dinosaurs now.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ll be ecstatic if we can corral a young, innovative offensive mind.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: For the record, the Bengals and Marvin signed their 1st contract on the day of January 14th 2003.  We know Mike.  I don't think he'll rush things.

Yeah, at this point...it's more important to just get it right.

Last year, 5 of the 7 head coach openings took at least 3 weeks to get filled.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Trademark - 01-01-2019

Packers are interviewing McDaniels first

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Millhouse - 01-01-2019

Good to see who they are interviewing. But there are 7 other teams looking for a new HC as well. And 3 or 4 of those teams look more attractive for a HC candidate imo.

If the Bengals are going to hire one of the top favs, they will have to concede some of their operating ways, and promise changes. They had to concede some with Marvin 17 years ago, now they will have to do more even.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-01-2019

Well the Browns are off the board at least.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - McC - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 04:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good to see who they are interviewing. But there are 7 other teams looking for a new HC as well. And 3 or 4 of those teams look more attractive for a HC candidate imo.

If the Bengals are going to hire one of the top favs, they will have to concede some of their operating ways, and promise changes. They had to concede some with Marvin 17 years ago, now they will have to do more even.
Good point.  Since they're going after the kind of guys they are, and given all the competition out there for those guys, maybe it means they could be willing to do that.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - HarleyDog - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 04:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't think there's a huge rush at this point. It's more important to just get it right.

Last year, 5 of the 7 head coach openings took at least 3 weeks to get filled.

That’s good and bad. I hope they have their list complete and have invited who the want. Prominent invitees will not just interview here and it would be sad to lose out because we drug our feet and they signed elsewhere. Taking too much time could lead to hiring a current staff member and getting more of the same if not worse.

I want a disciplinarian hungry on winning.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jfkbengals - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 01:56 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Let’s be honest though if we hired Josh McDaniels despite his trust issues we’d be going batshit crazy here. Has he responded to the interview request yet? Has any of the coaches responded to the requests yet other then in house candidates?

Zac Taylor is reportedly interviewing this week, rumored to be on Friday.

I'm not for McDaniels getting the nod.  Anyone but him, in my mind.  He get's way too much credit for Tom Brady running plays that Charlie Weiss drew up.

Can't decide if Taylor interviewing with us first is a good or bad thing.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BengalsRocker - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Bengals may be the first to meet with Taylor:

(01-01-2019, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: If he's your guy, don't let him leave without a contract.

Wowza!   I think I see one of these bad boys coming Zac's way!

[Image: th?id=OIP.JiyhdGaOr-G7x0WLxqiMcwAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]...  just try not to get anything on the Lumina's upholstery.  Mike doesn't like to go inside.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - GodFather - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't lie. I've bashed McDaniels for some stuff he's done (and his track record...and the fact that NE coaches usually suck), yet I still think I'd be excited. Weird.

McDaniels and Billy boy are close, I think he would dissuade him from coaching here due to the reputation of Brown as an owner. McDaniels could go alot places and would think Cincy is not high the list.

But aside from that,  I would also be excited to see him as HC here in Cincy. He comes from an organization that is very well run and could apply that plus his mistakes in Denver as a HC to a fresh start. I think he would do well.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BengalsRocker - 01-01-2019

(12-31-2018, 10:17 PM)Roland Wrote: Hope springs eternal.  But question number one in the young, outside candidate interview is, "How would you feel about Paul Alexander as Offensive Line and Assistant Head Coach?"

As sounds of a mouth breather emit from the adjoining room.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - HarleyDog - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 04:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: As sounds of a mouth breather emit from the adjoining room.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Or Darth Vader.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 04:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Zac Taylor is reportedly interviewing this week, rumored to be on Friday.

I'm not for McDaniels getting the nod.  Anyone but him, in my mind.  He get's way too much credit for Tom Brady running plays that Charlie Weiss drew up.

If Zac Taylor ends up being the guy they ultimately hire, I think there's a good chance he would bring Aaron Kromer with him as well, as a veteran presence and his right hand guy. Kromer would be a big asset because of his experience with the run game and offensive line. 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BenZoo2 - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Bengals may be the first to meet with Taylor:

It will be interesting watching who the bengals reach out to, who actually comes in and who is actually interested in the job vs just using the bengals as leverage.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Destro - 01-01-2019

Do you think top candidates would want to come here? Out of the other teams out there, and you had a choice ( not saying these guys 100% do ), but if you had a pick, where would you think they would want to go?

We can make jokes about being with the Bengals and staying without winning, but ML was an aberration, in football and sports in general. A decent coach wants to win. They want to look good. They ultimately will lose their job one day, and how would they want that reputation ruined by the Bengals.