Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AD Benched. Finley to Start - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AD Benched. Finley to Start (/Thread-AD-Benched-Finley-to-Start)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Catmandude123 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:12 PM)J24 Wrote:  will destroy any chance that the offense has at scoring.

Worse case we go from one touchdown per game to zero. Its worth the risk.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Nicomo Cosca - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Nice guys finish last"

True story

Yep. There’s exceptions like Wilson and Brees, but it seems most of the best QB’s have a bit of swagger, and don’t take any shit.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - grampahol - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 02:24 PM)jason Wrote: Hoping to not hear another peep about Andy Dalton around here now... Doubt it happens though.

Andy peep sighting.. 

(10-29-2019, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ's been disappearing to the sidelines lately, though.

At least he has an excuse for not performing. Geno and Dunlap just get dominated week after week anymore.

(10-29-2019, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Much better QB’s than Andy Dalton have been benched in this league.

Indeed, including one from the Bengals who went on to have an MVP season after getting benched..  Anyone remember that obscure QB named Kenny Anderson? 
Not that I think there's even a remote possibility, but it would be nice if Andy was to do what Anderson did after getting benched.. 

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Catmandude123 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Well he did say he was going yo hold players accountable. He didn't tell us it would take a half a season to do so.

(10-29-2019, 06:07 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I didn't see any pre-season games (work). Can somebody tell me how mobile Finley is? or is he another statue QB??

He’s no Russel Wilson, but his pocket awareness is miles better than Dalton’s. He’ll step up, or move around to extend a play that would be a guaranteed sack on Dalton.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - ah5 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:07 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I didn't see any pre-season games (work). Can somebody tell me how mobile Finley is? or is he another statue QB??
Moves inside the pocket better than Andy, that's about it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - reuben.ahmed - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

You make playing QB sound simple, no brain needed, just move better. I hope he does well, but he is a rookie and will see defenses and talent he has never played against in his life.

I hope this decision is not ZT 2.0 outcome.

No, I did not make it sound so simple, but Andy is "seeing defenses and talent he HAS seen all his life" and what did he do with it? :)

All Finley has to do is win 1 game the rest of the season (in 8 games), and the decision would have been correct to switch QBs (to me). It may take him time to adjust, but he is way more mobile than Andy; something has happened where Andy doesn't step up anymore, he seems sluggish. Andy can get sacked, and average 3 tipped balls a game. Those are drive enders.

He's not Lamar Jackson but you see Lamar, you see Andy, it's not even close.

Andy Dalton has zero playoff wins, he took us to the playoffs many years when most of our other team was "pretty damn good". What do we average, 15 points a game now?

Just like I won't cut Geno Atkins any slack, this dude is old. Our "stars" are old, time to change. Andy wasn't traded because no team would start this guy, AJ Green is probably the only worthwhile asset for any other team to look at, even in his oft injured self lately. Whoever wants to win now and can, should take him. We are what, 3-5 years way from a winning season? Lol.

Ya'll must love being 0-8 with no significant changes at all. At least we have 1 game to see if there is ANYTHING interesting to watch, this year has demonstrated one of the worst NFL teams of all time. Andy would have led us to the record low time of possession for a season with how many times he's come to getting the game record for it.

It's not all on him, his stats don't "look that bad". Maybe Finley is going to suck having to throw 50 times too, but I expect this guy to move better in the pocket and also run sometimes that won't end in drive ending sacks. Andy can't make WRs catch catchable balls. But Andy is responsible for throwing 4th down passes 10ft too high or out of bounds on the last play of a game.

I'm still watching this trash the Bungles field, although I'm pulling away for a drive here or there because it's cringe worthy. Some of the forum members here are admitting to skipping whole games. You definitely can't judge how trash this team looks by just looking at their stats.

Wait..has anyone named Ryan ever been a great QB? Oh wait..Mallet.. a name that will live in infamy. Boy! We coulda had Mallet instead of Andy Panda.. 

Wondering if Baltimore sets the single game sack record against Finely..
Somehow I have a feeling Andy isn't done for this season, but I've been wrong before..
Yeah I know..me and the word wrong just don't seem to go together in the same sentence do they?  I bet you're all just as flabbergasted as I am with that idea, huh?

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Destro - 10-29-2019

Time for the "It is all Taylor's fault" threads.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Luvnit2 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, I did not make it sound so simple, but Andy is "seeing defenses and talent he HAS seen all his life" and what did he do with it? :)

All Finley has to do is win 1 game the rest of the season (in 8 games), and the decision would have been correct to switch QBs (to me)
. It may take him time to adjust, but he is way more mobile than Andy, he can run. Andy can get sacked, and average 3 tipped balls a game. Those are drive enders.

He's not Lamar Jackson but you see Lamar, you see Andy, it's not even close.

Andy Dalton has zero playoff wins, he took us to the playoffs many years when most of our other team was "pretty damn good". What do we average, 15 points a game now?

Just like I won't cut Geno Atkins any slack, this dude is old. Our "stars" are old, time to change. Andy wasn't traded because no team would start this guy, AJ Green is probably the only worthwhile asset for any other team to look at, even in his oft injured self lately. Whoever wants to win now and can, should take him. We are what, 3-5 years  way from a winning season? Lol.

Ya'll must love being 0-8 with no significant changes at all. At least we have 1 game to see if there is ANYTHING interesting to watch, this year has demonstrated one of the worst NFL teams of all time. Andy would have led us to the record low time of possession for a season with how many times he's come to getting the game record for it.

It's not all on him, his stats don't "look that bad". Maybe Finley is going to suck having to throw 50 times too, but I expect this guy to move better in the pocket and also run sometimes that won't end in drive ending sacks. Andy can't make WRs catch catchable balls. But Andy is responsible for throwing 4th down passes 10ft too high or out of bounds on the last play of a game.

Using your logic then ZT can't be better than ML. ML improved 6 games in year one. ZT at best if he goes 8-8 improves only 2 games so I guess ZT should be benched too.

I just can't believe that nobody was celebrating Andy's birthday.  Happy Benchday to Andy..

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - JSR18 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s no Russel Wilson, but his pocket awareness is miles better than Dalton’s. He’ll step up, or move around to extend a play that would be a guaranteed sack on Dalton.

(10-29-2019, 06:26 PM)ah5 Wrote: Moves inside the pocket better than Andy, that's about it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Tiger Thank you gentlemen... 

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geno and Dunlap just get dominated week after week anymore.

...and yet they still start. The defense in Cincinnati is horrible yet no changes have been made.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - bengalfan74 - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s no Russel Wilson, but his pocket awareness is miles better than Dalton’s. He’ll step up, or move around to extend a play that would be a guaranteed sack on Dalton.

Some scouting reports talk about Finley's ability to throw receivers open, an ability the very good and great ones have. Let's hope he does.

AD Benched. Finley to Start - Bronxbengal - 10-29-2019

We will see where the problem lies. If Finley struggles just like Dalton I expect some of you to shut up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - bengalfan74 - 10-29-2019

It's a sad day in Pittsburgh

Dalton is like 3-13 against them.

RE: AD Benched. Finley to Start - BengalChris - 10-29-2019

(10-29-2019, 04:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Finley gets more than 1 game. In fact, he gets 8 games IMO. This is exactly what they should have done. 0-8. It's not working, is Finley going to show something, enough to build on? Or was the QB not the major problem?

If he moves in the pocket, takes less sacks, has less balls batted down, and keeps possessions alive longer - we will be in better shape. Yes we have a shit ton of problems, we don't put up enough points. All he has to do is get some damn points on the board. If half of the drive is him running out of the pocket, oh well. We have something like 1 TD *all year* in the 3rd quarter.

We will see how much of our team's problems are coaching, are they going to change the game plan now? Or try to run Andy Daltonesque plays out for him?

Oh, I don't disagree with putting Finley in. In fact, I'd put Finley in for 4 weeks, then Dolegala for 4 weeks.

I'm just saying that the cluster-f'k of a coaching staff and bad play on the OL aren't going to be fixed by Finley. Dalton regressed badly this year. That doesn't bode well for what Taylor brings to the table with QBs.

The play calling has had some series where it looked good, but for the most part it was predictable and stale (which is what we said about Marvin's coordinators).