Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Please calm me down... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Please calm me down... (/Thread-Please-calm-me-down)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Please calm me down... - Nicomo Cosca - 04-03-2020

More teams than not might go with Lawrence if he was coming out this year due to his size, arm strength, and having 2 big seasons to Burrow’s 1 & 1/4, but I don’t believe for a second it would be clear cut, and not a tough decision. Not after everything Burrow just did. Especially when they went head-to-head in the NCG and Burrow was clearly far and away the better QB.

RE: Please calm me down... - Luvnit2 - 04-03-2020

This may not calm you down, 2 analysts say keep Dalton as starter and 1 says grab Tua

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108085/article/2020-nfl-draft-what-should-the-bengals-do-with-the-no-1-pick

RE: Please calm me down... - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This may not calm you down, 2 analysts say keep Dalton as starter and 1 says grab Tua

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108085/article/2020-nfl-draft-what-should-the-bengals-do-with-the-no-1-pick

This might sound farfetched -- and yes I want to draft Joe Burrow #1OA so please don't misunderstand -- but keeping Andy Dalton makes more sense than drafting Tua Tagovailoa.  Now if Tua had not been injured this might be a different story.  I might understand more if the analyst said, "Grab Justin Herbert!" but come on.  Tua?  

RE: Please calm me down... - Nately120 - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This may not calm you down, 2 analysts say keep Dalton as starter and 1 says grab Tua

I want Burrow but the idea of trading down and having lots of picks and easing Tua in doesn't sound like a nightmare that is sure to set the franchise back a decade, either. 

(04-03-2020, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want Burrow but the idea of trading down and having lots of picks and easing Tua in doesn't sound like a nightmare that is sure to set the franchise back a decade, either. 

The Bengals have options -- good options -- to consider.  The free agency frenzy made this year's draft so much easier.  Joe Burrow is clearly my choice for #1OA but, as you said, loading up the roster isn't the worst idea on earth.

(04-03-2020, 02:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals have options -- good options -- to consider.  The free agency frenzy made this year's draft so much easier.  Joe Burrow is clearly my choice for #1OA but, as you said, loading up the roster isn't the worst idea on earth.

No matter which QB we take there is going to be some fear we took the "wrong one" that's just human nature. 

I do think we'd be shocked and mad for a little while if we don't take Burrow, but we'd get pumped about our new QB and haul of picks in short order. 

But again, other than the sake of discussion I don't see us not going Burrow at 1.

(04-03-2020, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No matter which QB we take there is going to be some fear we took the "wrong one" that's just human nature. 

I do think we'd be shocked and mad for a little while if we don't take Burrow, but we'd get pumped about our new QB and haul of picks in short order. 

But again, other than the sake of discussion I don't see us not going Burrow at 1.

Personally I think the only way the fans would openly riot is if the Bengals do not take a quarterback at all in the first round.  

RE: Please calm me down... - Shake n Blake - 04-03-2020

(03-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl...

1. I'm sure they want to trade up.
2. I'm sure the media wants that to happen, so they will hype it up.
3. I'm 98% sure the Bengals are locked into Burrow and wouldn't trade the pick for 5 drafts worth of picks. Burrow will sell tickets, merch and hope. Future draft picks won't. Cincy will riot if they trade this pick.

(04-03-2020, 02:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Personally I think the only way the fans would openly riot is if the Bengals do not take a quarterback at all in the first round.  

Fans in general will not be happy with any pick that isn't Burrow. He's the most hyped QB prospect since Luck. If we pass on that for an injured Tua or someone like Herbert, fans will be pissed and rightfully so, I'd say.

(04-03-2020, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want Burrow but the idea of trading down and having lots of picks and easing Tua in doesn't sound like a nightmare that is sure to set the franchise back a decade, either. 

The problem with this idea is that Tua isn't likely to be available at the 5th pick. As soon as that trade was announced, other teams would line up to leap frog us for Tua.

RE: Please calm me down... - McC - 04-03-2020

This whole thing is centered around what people who don't even work for the Dolphins want the Dolphins to do and there doesn't even seem to be any information actually coming from the team. For all anybody really knows, the Dolphins could be laughing at the whole idea that they would trade all their picks for one guy.

None of it seems worthy of even a medium sized Bengal fan panic.

(04-03-2020, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The problem with this idea is that Tua isn't likely to be available at the 5th pick. As soon as that trade was announced, other teams would line up to leap frog us for Tua.

I'm just sating we will be able to get behind the QB we get.  You're talking about a fan base that is convinced Palmer and Dalton could have won the SB here. 

Again it's human nature.  Burrow is a god right now because he's "ours" but if we don't take him he's going to be a one year wonder with a hat only a dbag would wear.  

It's possible passing on Burrow just kills this fan base And the Bengals have to play to empty stadiums until they have the first chance to move to st louis, and I'll be unhappy of they don't take him BUT im not convinced 50+ years of Bengals football depends solely on Burrow. 

(04-03-2020, 02:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just sating we will be able to get behind the QB we get.  You're talking about a fan base that is convinced Palmer and Dalton could have won the SB here. 

Again it's human nature.  Burrow is a god right now because he's "ours" but if we don't take him he's going to be a one year wonder with a hat only a dbag would wear.  

It's possible passing on Burrow just kills this fan base And the Bengals have to play to empty stadiums until they have the first chance to move to st louis, and I'll be unhappy of they don't take him BUT im not convinced 50+ years of Bengals football depends solely on Burrow. 

The twisting things into a positive stuff is more of a Bengals board thing than a general fanbase thing. The stadium was more empty last year than it's ever been. Burrow is loved by the general fan base because he's the most hyped QB prospect since Luck, not because he's "ours". If we trade that away, I expect our all-time levels of apathy to soar even higher (lower?).

(04-03-2020, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The twisting things into a positive stuff is more of a Bengals board thing than a general fanbase thing. The stadium was more empty last year than it's ever been. Burrow is loved by the general fan base because he's the most hyped QB prospect since Luck, not because he's "ours". If we trade that away, I expect our all-time levels of apathy to soar even higher (lower?).

Possibly.  I'm now picturing Bengals fans obsessively watching Burrow play for another team like constantly looking at your ex's Facebook profile.  He shoulda been ours!  Those Lombardis shoulda be ours!   That fan base will never love him like we could!

Er sorry, I got a little caught up in the moment.  

(04-03-2020, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The twisting things into a positive stuff is more of a Bengals board thing than a general fanbase thing. The stadium was more empty last year than it's ever been. Burrow is loved by the general fan base because he's the most hyped QB prospect since Luck, not because he's "ours". If we trade that away, I expect our all-time levels of apathy to soar even higher (lower?).

This whole madness could be easily eliminated if the league would just allow the Bengals to go ahead and sign him now and stop pretending there is some sort of drama to be milked until draft night, especially considering there won't even be anybody there to be sitting on pins and needles, waiting for the pick to be announced.

What is going on now can in no way be considered drama when all it really is is nonsense.

There are only two dots to connect here.

Mike Brown is a QB guy.

Zac Taylor is a QB guy.

The math is simple.

End of story.

RE: Please calm me down... - Luvnit2 - 04-03-2020

Shake says:
"The stadium was more empty last year than it's ever been".

MB developed social seat distancing before it was  fad. Those other stadiums will be filled for first few weeks prior to their quarantine.  Not us, lots of room to roam at PBS.

RE: Please calm me down... - Murdock2420 - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 10:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Lawrence will end up being a good QB, but it's not enough to make me wait another year for him. Im taking Burrow now and not looking back. 

I wouldn't suggest tanking again either, I'm just believe we picked the wrong year to be #1, as I believe Lawrence will have a better NFL career then Burrow. 

(04-03-2020, 08:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wouldn't suggest tanking again either, I'm just believe we picked the wrong year to be #1, as I believe Lawrence will have a better NFL career then Burrow. 

You sure couldn't have gotten that impression in the NCG.  Or the OSU game either.  If Dabo hadn't slickered the OSU defense on that long run that he spent the entire game setting up, he wouldn't have even gotten that win.  He didn't look good that game either.  I think a lot of shine came off Lawrence all last season.

RE: Please calm me down... - Nicomo Cosca - 04-03-2020

(04-03-2020, 08:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wouldn't suggest tanking again either, I'm just believe we picked the wrong year to be #1, as I believe Lawrence will have a better NFL career then Burrow. 

Burrow just had the best season by a college QB ever, and it’s the wrong year to need a QB? I couldn’t possibly disagree more with that. Our timing couldn’t have been better.

You might personally like Lawrence more, but we should all be counting our lucky stars things worked out like they did. Except for Patrick Mahomes there’s literally no one else I’d want to build a team around more than Burrow right now.

Also, I’ll preface this question by saying I do not think it means anything, just like people that are scared to take an Alabama QB is kind of silly, but who’s the most successful QB in NFL history that was 6”6 or taller? If Lawrence does light it up and become an all time great it would kind of break the trend of extremely tall QB’s not doing much in the NFL.