Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl..
It is not going to happen.  Fans know that Tua is a risk and Herbert may not even go before Love.  They are desperate.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Relax, the last thing Mike Brown wants to do is get a bunch of picks and spend the draft paying attention and making phone calls.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl...

Who cares what Miami is dead set on? They can't make the Bengals give them Joe Burrow can they? Lol

Hey, if they're dead set on it, then the Bengals should ask for a king's ransom. I heard that the Bengals starting asking price would be 2 picks in the 1st and 2 picks in the 2nd. But, I'd ask for all 3 in the 1st, all 2nd round picks, and a 5th and 7th this year. And ask for a 1st round in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
If that's what they give us, that's what it would take in my mind. But, they are decimating themselves in the same process but have the QB they wanted. They'd have to supplement him with a lot of Free Agency.
Meanwhile, the Bengals are set in their drafts for the next several years.
That's the only way I move off of Burrow if I'm the Bengals FO.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown isnt going to play their kind of game. He wants Burrow more than Miami does.

Imo if I were Burrow Id rather play in Cincy than Miami. For being a bigger market/city team, they sure do suck. And Miami sucks to live at my sister lived there for 20 years and couldnt flippin wait to get out of there. Good place to visit tho. But honestly, I think we've been the better team overall and in a harder division since the 2000s. I dont pay a ton of attention to Miami, but what I've gathered is that since Shula and Marino, they seem to always be reinventing themselves and rebuilding and changing coaches, and its never panning out that well. They have spent money in FA over years, and have never really put together a really good team like we had in 2005 and 2015. Even their better seasons, wouldnt have been as good in a hard nosed division like the AFCN. The Pats are tough but the Jets and Bills have both sucked for a long time until the Bills recently got better.

Brown will wipe his butt with their offer and flush it down the toilet.
Reply/Quote
Miami can be dead set all they want. Doesn't mean shit if the interest is one way.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
No way we trade down. Minimum to even get me to listen would be their 3 first this year, first 2nd rounder this year AND their first next year. They’ll never pay that and there’s no reason to take anything less. No deal to be made here, nothing to worry about. This is all wishful thinking from Miami. Let them dream for the next few weeks
Reply/Quote
Sure Miami. 5 firsts and 2 seconds
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't worry about it and even it did happen it would be a hell of a haul.
I seriously doubt Brown would pass on the Next Otto Graham though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The media has nothing to do right now except guess and talk about the virus.

That being said, with the moves they have made so far this off-season, if they decide to trade the pick and get a bunch or picks this year and next for it, you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think most of the rumors are due to Miami wanting Burrow and that the Bengals coached Herbert at the Senior Bowl and spoke highly of him. Just bored writers most likely.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It sadly may be the case that Mike Brown has permitted the Bengals to be super aggressive in free agency for the first time in history and improve the roster to soften the blow of trading the first pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
All their 1's and 2's in this draft and next and you have a deal.

It basically comes down to this - do you feel that Herbert or Love are franchise QB's? Cause you have to assume that you're not getting Tua at 5.

If you think Herbert or Love can be the guy then you tell Miami you want an absurd amount of picks and let them make the decision.
Reply/Quote
I think Miami will offer all 3 1sts, and it worries me that Taylor and the coaches raves about Herbert so much after working with him. I don’t care what the haul is, watching Burrow put on another team’s jersey might finally be my breaking point with this franchise.

Do the right thing, Mike.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Miami will offer all 3 1sts, and it worries me that Taylor and the coaches raves about Herbert so much after working with him. I don’t care what the haul is, watching Burrow put on another team’s jersey might finally be my breaking point with this franchise.

Do the right thing, Mike.

Okay, Nicomo, let’s look at this situation clinically and dispassionately. What picks do the Miami Dolphins have?

Dolphins 2020 Draft Picks Finalized

1st Round – 3 picks. 5th overall – own.
2nd Round – 2 picks. 39th overall – own.
3rd Round – 1 pick.
4th Round – 1 pick. 141st overall – compensatory.
5th Round – 3 picks. 153rd overall – Kenyan Drake trade.
6th Round – 1 pick. 185th overall – own.
7th Round – 3 picks.

Oh, crap. They have a lot of early picks; I didn’t realize this! If Miami offers Mike Brown all of their first and second round picks I can totally see him going for it. The team is already more loaded via free agency than ever and I share your concern.

This could be a lot more tempting of an offer than I ever thought possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, Nicomo, let’s look at this situation clinically and dispassionately. What picks do the Miami Dolphins have?

Dolphins 2020 Draft Picks Finalized

1st Round – 3 picks. 5th overall – own.
2nd Round – 2 picks. 39th overall – own.
3rd Round – 1 pick.
4th Round – 1 pick. 141st overall – compensatory.
5th Round – 3 picks. 153rd overall – Kenyan Drake trade.
6th Round – 1 pick. 185th overall – own.
7th Round – 3 picks.

Oh, crap. They have a lot of early picks; I didn’t realize this! If Miami offers Mike Brown all of their first and second round picks I can totally see him going for it. The team is already more loaded via free agency than ever and I share your concern.

This could be a lot more tempting of an offer than I ever thought possible.

All the picks in the world are not worth a potential franchise QB. Would KC trade Patrick Mahomes for picks? Would Baltimore trade Lamar?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All the picks in the world are not worth a potential franchise QB. Would KC trade Patrick Mahomes for picks? Would Baltimore trade Lamar?

I totally get what you’re saying. I’m afraid Mike Brown doesn’t want to repeat what he gave up for Akili Smith — and we know Joe Burrow is better than Akili Smith.

Right now I can’t shake the thought that all the signings via free agency were to give the fans a reason for hope and not to riot when Mikey Boy trades the pick. The Bengals have never been this aggressive in free agency before. I hope this isn’t the reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All the picks in the world are not worth a potential franchise QB. Would KC trade Patrick Mahomes for picks? Would Baltimore trade Lamar?

Mahomes no( although Reid is known as the QB whisperer) but I think Baltimore would trade Lamar similar mobile QB like him haven't been known to last long. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I totally get what you’re saying. I’m afraid Mike Brown doesn’t want to repeat what he gave up for Akili Smith — and we know Joe Burrow is better than Akili Smith.

Right now I can’t shake the thought that all the signings via free agency were to give the fans a reason for hope and not to riot when Mikey Boy trades the pick. The Bengals have never been this aggressive in free agency before. I hope this isn’t the reason.

Signing a NT and some CB’s is not going to put butts in the seats after a 2 win season.

I actually think being active in FA for once bodes well for taking Burrow. Go all in while we have a QB on a rookie contract and all.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:44 PM)J24 Wrote: Mahomes no( although Reid is known as the QB whisperer) but I think Baltimore would trade Lamar similar mobile QB like him haven't been known to last long. 

Can you name an example of a team trading an MVP QB on his rookie contract?

Reply/Quote
McAlister, Dehner Jr., and Baby all say Burrow's the pick.  You guys are letting cabin fever get to you.

Brown made the trip to Indy to meet with Burrow.  And you could just as easily argue that the moves in free agency were, in some measure, a gesture of good faith considering Burrow's remarks about wanting to play for a team committed to winning.

Franchise QB's are invaluable.  You pick the right one and you're potentially set for a decade.  You pick the wrong one, nobody faults you for taking the consensus top pick and you move on in 5 years.  

You can just as easily **** up having multiple picks in the first round.  Take a look at Cleveland a few years ago.  What did they do with all those massive hauls?  Not a goddamn thing. 

No thanks.  I'll keep the one pick that could be a franchise-changing QB.  Frankly, if it were me, I wouldn't even pick up the phone.  Miami can get my voicemail on this.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote