Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-01-2020, 01:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I have a better chance of having a one night stand with Kate Upton than Miami does of trading up for Burrow.

[Image: BelatedGrotesqueFrigatebird-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: SplendidImportantEwe-size_restricted.gif]

Nah you don't have four 1st RD picks to give her who you kidding?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl...

The way I see it the draft capital to move up to 1 would be so high that if they did take it then we should be satisfied either way.  If they want to give up 3-5 first rounders, 2-3 2nd rounders, and some 3rds for 1 player then it simply cannot be a bad thing, the only way I'm getting mad is if we traded him for 2 first and a second or something stupid like that.  Then I'm becoming a Miami or Raiders fan because I wouldn't be able to handle this team anymore.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 03:55 PM)Okeana Wrote: The way I see it the draft capital to move up to 1 would be so high that if they did take it then we should be satisfied either way.  If they want to give up 3-5 first rounders, 2-3 2nd rounders, and some 3rds for 1 player then it simply cannot be a bad thing, the only way I'm getting mad is if we traded him for 2 first and a second or something stupid like that.  Then I'm becoming a Miami or Raiders fan because I wouldn't be able to handle this team anymore.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't want all the picks in a single year. Id like to see two 1sts and a 2nd in 2020, 1st and a second in 2021, and a 1st in 2022. Which either spreads out the future contracts or gives the Bengals draft capital in the future to make moves up it they want to get someone like Trevor Lawrence.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I'm in the minority but I don't want all the picks in a single year. Id like to see two 1sts and a 2nd in 2020, 1st and a second in 2021, and a 1st in 2022. Which either spreads out the future contracts or gives the Bengals draft capital in the future to make moves up it they want to get someone like Trevor Lawrence.

I'm totally with you, but, unlike some on here, we don't have a borderline homosexual love for "Big Dick Joe" so it's easy for us to think like that.

Trade down with Miami
Trade down again
Pick up #1 picks in 2021 draft in both trades
Draft OL and LB in 2020
Draft capital for trade up in 2021, the team would be MUCH better next season which would make it easier for a young QB to develop. So far, all they've added on offense is a backup guard. He may be a starter here because our o-line sucks, but he's still a backup guard.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 07:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If we’re smart we consider it. Think of it this way. Most consider tua and burrow same talent wise(I think tua is way ahead of burrow but that’s not the discussion here). If bengals believe the same that they are equal and believe they will definitely get tua at 5, why would they not trade down?
Because Tua is damaged goods and therefore, not in Burrow's league...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 06:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm totally with you, but, unlike some on here, we don't have a borderline homosexual love for "Big Dick Joe" so it's easy for us to think like that.

Trade down with Miami
Trade down again
Pick up #1 picks in 2021 draft in both trades
Draft OL and LB in 2020
Draft capital for trade up in 2021, the team would be MUCH better next season which would make it easier for a young QB to develop. So far, all they've added on offense is a backup guard. He may be a starter here because our o-line sucks, but he's still a backup guard.

I hear ya.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but why not imagine us trading Burrow for a king's ransom and then tanking for Trevor?  Maybe that would be the "Now we can win 6 Lombadi's" reboot the franchise really needs.  If we are going to scare ourselves with visions of Burrow winning the SB in Miami why not picture Miami keeping all their high picks and tanking for Trevor and THEN winning the SB?

We are taking Burrow...I don't know why everyone gets so scared and/or upset when any sort of potential alternate theory is presented. Then again, we are Bengals fans and we do have a reason to fear such things.
Reply/Quote
We have a former QB as a head coach. Burrow isn't going to Miami or anyone but us.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we'll trade back.

Personally, the only way I'd consider it was if their 5 was 2. I'm liking burrow more and more, but, personally, I'd be fine with young, two first rounders this year and next year's first

Not that it would or even could happen.
Reply/Quote
I heard the other day that Miami is dead set on getting Burrow.Believe me, They have the collateral to get it done if they want him really really bad which is what I am hearing.We all know these guys are loaded with early round picks.They even have multiple early round picks for 2021.I think maybe 2 or 3 of those are first round.If any team is capable of pulling this off,they are.If I were the Bengals I would certainly talk to them.You’d have to be crazy not to.They could sure set themselves up nice with 3 first round pick and 3 second round.Sound crazy?Hey some really crazy stuff has happened before in the NFL.I look for Love to be the second Quarterback taken in the draft.Would’nt mind having him.Who knows,if this works out for Miami,they might even keep Andy another year.Would love to have Burrow,,,,,,,but.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 07:36 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I heard the other day that Miami is dead set on getting Burrow.Believe me, They have the collateral to get it done if they want him really really bad which is what I am hearing.We all know these guys are loaded with early round picks.They even have multiple early round picks for 2021.I think maybe 2 or 3 of those are first round.If any team is capable of pulling this off,they are.If I were the Bengals I would certainly talk to them.You’d have to be crazy not to.They could sure set themselves up nice with 3 first round pick and 3 second round.Sound crazy?Hey some really crazy stuff has happened before in the NFL.I look for Love to be the second Quarterback taken in the draft.Would’nt mind having him.Who knows,if this works out for Miami,they might even keep Andy another year.Would love to have Burrow,,,,,,,but.

None of it comes down to Miami's number of picks or the level of their want or determination or the sheer number of times some Miami reporter or sports jock repeats it. 

They only have the collateral to get it done if the Bengals say they do. 

The fact is, it's out of their hands.   What Miami wants is absolutely, completely irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is what the Bengals want.  So, essentially, Miami, the team, the whole city and every single one of their fans, can all go shit in their hats.

And on a practical note, if they actually did give up the insane amount of picks across more than one draft that it would take to make the deal, they would be severely limited in their ability to put a championship team around him.  So, what would be the point?  

This is what those three or four meaningless wins more than the Bengals had last year has done for them.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These rumors that Miami is dead set on trading up for the 1st pick just keep picking up more and more steam. There’s absolutely no way we would be that stupid, right? Right??

I’m getting a little worried, ngl...

Not happening bruh. MB needs Burrow to go along with this FA to get fans in the seats and buying merchandise again.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: None of it comes down to Miami's number of picks or the level of their want or determination or the sheer number of times some Miami reporter or sports jock repeats it. 

They only have the collateral to get it done if the Bengals say they do. 

The fact is, it's out of their hands.   What Miami wants is absolutely, completely irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is what the Bengals want.  So, essentially, Miami, the team, the whole city and every single one of their fans, can all go shit in their hats.

And on a practical note, if they actually did give up the insane amount of picks across more than one draft that it would take to make the deal, they would be severely limited in their ability to put a championship team around him.  So, what would be the point?  

This is what those three or four meaningless wins more than the Bengals had last year has done for them.  

I'm "dead set" on winning the lottery and having Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Aniston make me the middle of an Oreo cookie so.......
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm "dead set" on winning the lottery and having Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Aniston make me the middle of an Oreo cookie so.......

Exactly.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Thread Title "Talk you Down"
Hmm...

We are in middle of a pandemic and your concern is if Bengals trade #1 pick???????????

You’re worried about a bit of hyperbole on a thread title? Seriously?

This is a BENGALS message board last time I checked. I didn’t realize we had to put everything into proper perspective wrt the state of the world.

But you used 11 question marks so clearly you’re upset. My deepest and most heartfelt apologies for causing you such distress.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 06:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm totally with you, but, unlike some on here, we don't have a borderline homosexual love for "Big Dick Joe" so it's easy for us to think like that.

No, you just love you some “Red Rifle” lol

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re worried about a bit of hyperbole on a thread title? Seriously?

This is a BENGALS message board last time I checked. I didn’t realize we had to put everything into proper perspective wrt the state of the world.

But you used 11 question marks so clearly you’re upset. My deepest and most heartfelt apologies for causing you such distress.

Says the guy who says he is thinking suicide over a draft pick. That is what help talk me off the ledge means.

Distress, no I live by fear not because I know I am not alone
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Says the guy who says he is thinking suicide over a draft pick. That is what help talk me off the ledge means.

Distress, no I live by fear not because I know I am not alone

Since we’re giving out definitions you should look up hyperbole.

And after that get over yourself.

Reply/Quote
We gotta take Burrow. We dont have any choice. Everyone is dead set on him. If we were to pass on him and he lit it up elsewhere we would look stupid, but if we take him and he doesnt do shit then it's not as bad because everybody and there brother would have been wrong about him. We have to take him Burrow or Bust.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 02:18 PM)McC Wrote: There are Dolphin fans who actually believe they will somehow trick the Bengals out of that pick. 

Lol they don't know who they are dealing with.  
Reply/Quote
Lol we only have 22 days left before we rejoice or this fanbase quits Cincinnati and the NFL.

Lets hope Mike Brown makes the best choice.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote