Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-01-2020, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Since we’re giving out definitions you should look up hyperbole.

And after that get over yourself.
 Maybe not your intent, but you wanted a shocking title to get hits. I tried to tell you gently, now I will spell it out for you. 

People who have lost love ones and friends to suicide are not agreeing with your hyperbole BS.

Get back to us after your sister or someone close to you commits suicide because you could not talk them off the ledge (your words and title).

But by all means use a Bengals forum to offend others. I gave you benefit of doubt, but now I guess it was your intent as you would rather attack me than fix your mistake. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 12:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Maybe not your intent, but you wanted a shocking title to get hits. I tried to tell you gently, now I will spell it out for you. 

People who have lost love ones and friends to suicide are not agreeing with your hyperbole BS.

Get back to us after your sister or someone close to you commits suicide because you could not talk them off the ledge (your words and title).

But by all means use a Bengals forum to offend others. I gave you benefit of doubt, but now I guess it was your intent as you would rather attack me than fix your mistake. 

This is getting ridiculous now. But alas, it’s just the PC SJW world we live in nowadays. Everyone is on the constant lookout for something to be offended by. *Sigh*

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 04:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I'm in the minority but I don't want all the picks in a single year. Id like to see two 1sts and a 2nd in 2020, 1st and a second in 2021, and a 1st in 2022. Which either spreads out the future contracts or gives the Bengals draft capital in the future to make moves up it they want to get someone like Trevor Lawrence.

WhoDey2 You did see the NC game, right? You saw how Trevor Lawrence looked sufficiently overmatched, right? Why would they Trade a franchise QB for a chance to draft Andy Dalton again next year??

I know I'm sounding like I want to pick an argument, but I don't. I just can't begin to understand how a team like the Bengals, who have floundered under mediocre at best and usually worse QBs for decades, are looking a potentially franchise changing QB right in the face and people want them to trade that QB for other picks and a decidedly inferior QB. Sounds like the definition of insanity to me... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
National media make it sound like it Miami’s choice if they want to trade up. That’s not how this works. Miami would have to make a batshit crazy offer for Bengals to even consider trading the pick, and even then, not sure they would. Bengals getting #1 pick and Ohio’s own Joe Burrow being the guy is the perfect storm that could change this franchise forever. Miami gonna have to get crazy to make Bengals even pick up the phone. And 3 first round picks not even close.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:03 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: National media make it sound like it Miami’s choice if they want to trade up. That’s not how this works. Miami would have to make a batshit crazy offer for Bengals to even consider trading the pick, and even then, not sure they would. Bengals getting #1 pick and Ohio’s own Joe Burrow being the guy is the perfect storm that could change this franchise forever. Miami gonna have to get crazy to make Bengals even pick up the phone. And 3 first round picks not even close.

I hope you’re right about that. And I’m glad Mike Brown is in charge, and not some of the people here that have stated they would be all over that offer. After swapping 1 for 5, we’d basically be trading away the chance at a potential franchise changing QB for picks 18 and 26? **** that.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 06:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm totally with you, but, unlike some on here, we don't have a borderline homosexual love for "Big Dick Joe" so it's easy for us to think like that.

Trade down with Miami
Trade down again
Pick up #1 picks in 2021 draft in both trades
Draft OL and LB in 2020
Draft capital for trade up in 2021, the team would be MUCH better next season which would make it easier for a young QB to develop. So far, all they've added on offense is a backup guard. He may be a starter here because our o-line sucks, but he's still a backup guard.

Actually I was on the Joe Burrow train before it became trendy. He is the type of player you rebuild a franchise around.

(04-02-2020, 12:57 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 You did see the NC game, right? You saw how Trevor Lawrence looked sufficiently overmatched, right? Why would they Trade a franchise QB for a chance to draft Andy Dalton again next year??

I know I'm sounding like I want to pick an argument, but I don't. I just can't begin to understand how a team like the Bengals, who have floundered under mediocre at best and usually worse QBs for decades, are looking a potentially franchise changing QB right in the face and people want them to trade that QB for other picks and a decidedly inferior QB. Sounds like the definition of insanity to me... 

Trust me I've been all in on Burrow for a long time longer than most.

I was just saying if they do trade instead of trying to get 5 picks in one year to spread them over 3 drafts would be a better idea. Eggs in a basket etc...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
First it was Joe didnt want to come to Cincy, now its Miami is going to throw the bank at us for the #1 pick. Its just more crap from the media because they still havent gotten over the fact that were going to land him, and it isnt sexy to have to cover the Cincinnati Bengals.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 02:47 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: First it was Joe didnt want to come to Cincy, now its Miami is going to throw the bank at us for the #1 pick. Its just more crap from the media because they still havent gotten over the fact that were going to land him, and it isnt sexy to have to cover the Cincinnati Bengals.

More likely that the don't want to have to cover the Bengals beating the Stealers with a bullwhip twice a year.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Besides, if Miami gave us 4 first round picks, that just sets up a cap problem in a couple of years of having to pay them all. Some of those picks would have to be let go, just as they were coming into their own. Just take BDJ and let's roll.....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: More likely that the don't want to have to cover the Bengals beating the Stealers with a bullwhip twice a year.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Besides, if Miami gave us 4 first round picks, that just sets up a cap problem in a couple of years of having to pay them all. Some of those picks would have to be let go, just as they were coming into their own. Just take BDJ and let's roll.....

Not even in a couple years. We still haven’t seen the details of Reader’s contract, and we might still cut or trade Dalton, but having 3 1st round picks on the team this season would probably make it a lot tighter cap-wise.

Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals are in the proverbial driver's seat here. No matter what the Front Office does with #1OA, the team will improve.

While I am a lot more pragmatic than most of you about this issue, I consider taking Joe Burrow #1OA would be a very safe move for the Bengals to make. Joe Burrow had a wonderful season at LSU and his records may never be broken. From his statistics to the "eye test" we all use, we all can see Joe has lots of potential and he may well become an excellent starting quarterback in the NFL. I'm hopefully optimistic Joe will turn out to be an effective team leader. He's the pick...

...unless the Miami Dolphins offer something so ridiculous -- so stupidly stupendous -- and the Front Office at least pauses to consider it. Personally I don't think Miami is going to move any of their picks because having three first round picks and two second round picks is something a team can build upon for the future. However, if the Dolphins have a colossal brain fart and want to trade down, I hope the Bengals' Front Office looks at the offer analytically, not emotionally, and rejects the offer on its merits.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:00 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals are in the proverbial driver's seat here. No matter what the Front Office does with #1OA, the team will improve.

While I am a lot more pragmatic than most of you about this issue, I consider taking Joe Burrow #1OA would be a very safe move for the Bengals to make. Joe Burrow had a wonderful season at LSU and his records may never be broken. From his statistics to the "eye test" we all use, we all can see Joe has lots of potential and he may well become an excellent starting quarterback in the NFL. I'm hopefully optimistic Joe will turn out to be an effective team leader. He's the pick...

...unless the Miami Dolphins offer something so ridiculous -- so stupidly stupendous -- and the Front Office at least pauses to consider it. Personally I don't think Miami is going to move any of their picks because having three first round picks and two second round picks is something a team can build upon for the future. However, if the Dolphins have a colossal brain fart and want to trade down, I hope the Bengals' Front Office looks at the offer analytically, not emotionally, and rejects the offer on its merits.

Other than Burrow being from Ohio, there’s not “emotional” about it. You take the player(s) that you feel will help you win the most games, and a championship. And the great thing about picking 1st is we don’t have to worry about who we want being there or not. Which would not be true if we move back. Personally I’m tired of settling. That’s how we ended up with Billy Price.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Other than Burrow being from Ohio, there’s not “emotional” about it. You take the player(s) that you feel will help you win the most games, and a championship. And the great thing about picking 1st is we don’t have to worry about who we want being there or not. Which would not be true if we move back. Personally I’m tired of settling. That’s how we ended up with Billy Price.

That's certainly a good point. In Billy Price's defense, he was a top rated center the year the Bengals drafted him and the Bengals desperately needed a center.  Whether injury-related or not, Billy never really took to the pro game and that's something any team risks with any draft pick.

I'm just glad the Bengals can take Joe Burrow because they want to, not because they have to. 
Reply/Quote
They're taking Tua so that they can have an excuse when he goes down with injury. We're ******. Feel better?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:17 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's certainly a good point. In Billy Price's defense, he was a top rated center the year the Bengals drafted him and the Bengals desperately needed a center.  Whether injury-related or not, Billy never really took to the pro game and that's something any team risks with any draft pick.

I'm just glad the Bengals can take Joe Burrow because they want to, not because they have to. 

If we wouldn’t have traded with Buffalo we probably have Frank Ragnow right now. Trading back can burn you sometimes.

This is a case where the player we want is the player we need though. We picked a great year to bottom out and need a QB.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They're taking Tua so that they can have an excuse when he goes down with injury. We're ******. Feel better?

You’ve been very helpful.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:22 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They're taking Tua so that they can have an excuse when he goes down with injury. We're ******. Feel better?

Are you saying the Bengals would draft Tua Tagovailoa over Joe Burrow or even Justin Herbert?  I can see this possibly playing out only if Tua had not been injured but that's water under the proverbial bridge.  I don't see this happening at all.  Tua Tagovailoa doesn't fit the Zac Taylor scheme.  Joe Burrow does and to a lesser extent so does Justin Herbert.
Reply/Quote
I wonder ... if there had been a message board in 1999, would the consensus have been draft Akili at 3 or trade the pick for the Saints entire draft? Hindsight being 20/20, we'd obviously rather have the picks today, but that is only because Akili was a colossal bust. At the time, he was considered by many to be the gem of a historic draft class -- many pundits lauded us (and the Browns, and the Eagles ...) for taking our QBs over the picks, even though those decisions are widely panned now (apart from the Eagles taking McNabb). I don't know what the right decision is, but I hope we make it this time. I don't want to be the NFL version of the Trailblazers (passing on Jordan for Bowie AND Durant for Oden).
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:57 AM)shanebo Wrote: I wonder ... if there had been a message board in 1999, would the consensus have been draft Akili at 3 or trade the pick for the Saints entire draft? Hindsight being 20/20, we'd obviously rather have the picks today, but that is only because Akili was a colossal bust. At the time, he was considered by many to be the gem of a historic draft class -- many pundits lauded us (and the Browns, and the Eagles ...) for taking our QBs over the picks, even though those decisions are widely panned now (apart from the Eagles taking McNabb). I don't know what the right decision is, but I hope we make it this time. I don't want to be the NFL version of the Trailblazers (passing on Jordan for Bowie AND Durant for Oden).

This is such a a tired and lazy comparison. The stats have been posted multiple times, so I’m not going to bother yet again, but what Burrow did in the best conference, against 7 top 10 teams, and then in the NCG against a dominant Clemson team is not even remotely comparable to Akili Smith throwing a bunch of TD’s in the PAC 10.

Reply/Quote
Everyone in the Bengals front office has the internet.

And, believe it or not, they do use it to look at what their fans are thinking.

They usually don't take it into account, at least not word for word.

But make no mistake. The Bengals coaches, scouts, front office executives and owners all know that every Bengals fan in the world is on board with Joe Burrow at 1.

To not take him would be virtually suicide, from a franchise's standpoint. We'd have a full scale mutiny the likes of which we've never seen in sports before.

And, if they don't take Burrow, it would need to be because of a literally franchise altering group of picks.

I'm not talking "fair market value" either. I see these mock drafts where the Bengals get 1 additional first round pick and a 2nd round pick this year. And the logic they use is "three first round picks in this deal would be too much."

Those mock drafts are ***** insulting.

We're talking "I can't believe a franchise would be so ballsy to ever offer that much for 1 player" levels of value.

I'm thinking the minimum asking price is all of Miami's 1st and 2nd round picks this year and next year (that's 5 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks). And even then I'd still require Tua before making that trade. We need to come out of this draft with either Burrow or Tua + a ton of picks.

Does that make you feel better?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 11:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Everyone in the Bengals front office has the internet.

And, believe it or not, they do use it to look at what their fans are thinking.

They usually don't take it into account, at least not word for word.

But make no mistake. The Bengals coaches, scouts, front office executives and owners all know that every Bengals fan in the world is on board with Joe Burrow at 1.

To not take him would be virtually suicide, from a franchise's standpoint. We'd have a full scale mutiny the likes of which we've never seen in sports before.

And, if they don't take Burrow, it would need to be because of a literally franchise altering group of picks.

I'm not talking "fair market value" either. I see these mock drafts where the Bengals get 1 additional first round pick and a 2nd round pick this year. And the logic they use is "three first round picks in this deal would be too much."

Those mock drafts are ***** insulting.

We're talking "I can't believe a franchise would be so ballsy to ever off that much for 1 player" levels of value.

I'm thinking the minimum asking price is all of Miami's 1st and 2nd round picks this year and next year (that's 5 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks). And even then I'd still require Tua before making that trade. We need to come out of this draft with either Burrow or Tua + a ton of picks.

Does that make you feel better?

It would if I knew you were Mike Brown :)

But I agree Miami would need to give me there next two drafts
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote