Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-12-2020, 12:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why will Burrow be a bust?

There is no 100% iron clad certainty about any draft pick, but Burrow is safer than many of the picks the Bengals have made in the first round recently.

Ross, for example, had several red flags coming out of college and the Bengals selected him high anyways. I disagreed with that pick, but it wasn't my choice so I had to wish him well, which did no good at all.

What I believe gives Burrow a good chance of succeeding with the Bengals is the change of attitude in the front office. The team is no longer scouring the bargain bin for starting players to sign and they are finally willing to cut their losses on bad contracts.

For the first time ever the team is actually using free agency as designed. Sure they have used free agency a few times in the past to get a decent player on the down side of their careers but rarely have they competed for good players, especially at positions where there's an entrenched starter under contract, e.g. Waynes replacing Kirkpatrick and Kirkpatrick sent packing. We've never seen that since free agency began that I can recall.

This is the first time that I've felt the Bengals front office was making competent moves since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM. And I have my doubts that he's in-charge any longer.

Great post Chris. The FO made it very clear that they have changed for the better in FA this Offseason.

They keep this up and I find it hard to believe Burrow will not be helped and be comfortable in the future lighting up the NFL.

Staying healthy of course is essential and that was always my concern with Ross but if you go back and watch Burrow last season
he was getting hit all the time and still got up time after time. Tough as nails Burrow. I don't know how any fan that has watched 
football could think Burrow will be a bust from watching his film from last year. Just crazy.
Reply/Quote