Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-07-2020, 01:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No I don’t believe love will be there at 26. Also I choose to evaluate an qbs entire career and don’t fall for decency bias which it seems everyone is doing.
He was only good for 1 year? He couldn’t beat out jt freaking Barrett.
I don’t fall for decency bias. And yeah he was damn good but ranked bottom 10 in cfb in ratings on 1st and 2nd read, turnover worthy throws, yards, etc etc.
I had Murray as a top 15 talent? His talent was never the issue
Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow?  Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb.  Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight.
Burrow isn’t best player in draft he’ll he’s not even unanimous qb1

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
“Some people from the Bengals really like Herbert”

https://youtu.be/y03droMKLNY

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Some people from the Bengals really like Herbert”

Well, they can like them from a distance because Joe Burrow is our next QB.

If they don't take Burrow, they won't have to worry about playing in an empty stadium because people will burn it to the ground.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:57 PM)McC Wrote: Well, they can like them from a distance because Joe Burrow is our next QB.

If they don't take Burrow, they won't have to worry about playing in an empty stadium because people will burn it to the ground.

I have a feeling “some people” is Taylor. He saw Herbert up close and personal at the senior bowl.

Thankfully I think the Brown’s/Blackburn’s are going to override him and take Burrow. Not only is the right pick, it’s also a better business move. Burrow will sell tickets. Herbert will not.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Some people from the Bengals really like Herbert”

'I believe' there are 'some people' - it's all just speculation.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:40 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'I believe' there are 'some people' - it's all just speculation.

Yeah, King also said NE wanted Dalton...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 11:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have a feeling “some people” is Taylor. He saw Herbert up close and personal at the senior bowl.

Thankfully I think the Brown’s/Blackburn’s are going to override him and take Burrow. Not only is the right pick, it’s also a better business move. Burrow will sell tickets. Herbert will not.

I've seen Mike Brown's name come up as the one that likes Herbert, but from what I understand, it's more of them liking Herbert while also realizing that Burrow needs to be the pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've seen Mike Brown's name come up as the one that likes Herbert, but from what I understand, it's more of them liking Herbert while also realizing that Burrow needs to be the pick.

I should have known. Mike is supposedly the one that wanted Kaepernick or Mallet over Dalton...

Makes me feel a bit better about Taylor, if true.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I should have known. Mike is supposedly the one that wanted Kaepernick or Mallet  over Dalton...

Makes me feel a bit better about Taylor, if true.

It was just a brief snippet. It could've meant that Mike likes Herbert as a person and that's it. I don't think there's much to this.

Mike is a self-admitted ***** for QBs, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a fan of a lot of the QBs. Herbert's name just happened to slip to the media.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
They can like other prospects and still take Burrow. They have the #1 pick, why wouldn't they do their homework on all of the top guys? I'd be lying if I said some parts of Herbert's game isn't intriguing, but he simply isn't Burrow.

I'm sure they like Chase Young, Isaiah Simmons, Okudah, Becton/Wirfs. Will they take one of them at #1 or trade down?? No.

Everything you've been hearing, including from Zac himself when talking about Burrow, leads me to believe he has been the clear favorite to go #1 and there is nothing to be worried about.

Plus, Pat McAfee was one of the many talking heads trying to push Burrow away from Cincy. I wouldn't take anything away from the video aside from the fact that they like Herbert which is something we've known since the senior bowl.
Reply/Quote
Of course the Bengals will like Herbert since they worked with him at the Senior Bowl. Respecting him and what they saw is a matter of professionalism. It doesn't have to mean there is discontent within the organization or that he might be the pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All the picks in the world are not worth a potential franchise QB. Would KC trade Patrick Mahomes for picks? Would Baltimore trade Lamar?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Fans and experts were wrong on Mahomes and Lamar before draft and maybe they are again. 

Trubisky was taken 8 slots ahead of Mahomes and Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen were all taken before Jackson. 

Hell the Bengals took Billy Price way before Lamar was drafted with everybody's blessing ?

Love Burrow as our pick !

But the LSU WR's are crazy good and may make him look somewhat better than he is.  

If they gave all 3 first round picks and a 2nd it would be hard to turn down. Even the first two firsts and both 2nds would be tough call. 

Hope they do not ante up that much because really want to see Burrow in stripes though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just playing devils advocate here.

Fans and experts were wrong on Mahomes and Lamar before draft and maybe they are again. 

Trubisky was taken 8 slots ahead of Mahomes and Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen were all taken before Jackson. 

Hell the Bengals took Billy Price way before Lamar was drafted with everybody's blessing ?

Love Burrow as our pick !

But the LSU WR's are crazy good and may make him look somewhat better than he is.

If they gave all 3 first round picks and a 2nd it would be hard to turn down. Even the first two firsts and both 2nds would be tough call. 

Hope they do not ante up that much because really want to see Burrow in stripes though. 

You could say it the other way around too though. Easy to be crazy good when your QB is deadly accurate, and dropping dimes right on you in stride.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:52 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: They can like other prospects and still take Burrow. They have the #1 pick, why wouldn't they do their homework on all of the top guys? I'd be lying if I said some parts of Herbert's game isn't intriguing, but he simply isn't Burrow.

I'm sure they like Chase Young, Isaiah Simmons, Okudah, Becton/Wirfs. Will they take one of them at #1 or trade down?? No.

Everything you've been hearing, including from Zac himself when talking about Burrow, leads me to believe he has been the clear favorite to go #1 and there is nothing to be worried about.

Plus, Pat McAfee was one of the many talking heads trying to push Burrow away from Cincy. I wouldn't take anything away from the video aside from the fact that they like Herbert which is something we've known since the senior bowl.

Yeah and Herbert didn't even play that well at the Senior Bowl while Burrow lit up Clemson in the Championship.

I dislike the saying with a passion but us taking Herbert at #1 is a nothing burger lol
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and Herbert didn't even play that well at the Senior Bowl while Burrow lit up Clemson in the Championship.

I dislike the saying with a passion but us taking Herbert at #1 is a nothing burger lol

I don’t think we’d take Herbert #1, my fear would be we’d take him at #5 if we’re dumb enough to trade back.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think we’d take Herbert #1, my fear would be we’d take him at #5 if we’re dumb enough to trade back.

Not happening brother. Look at this Free Agency, things have clearly changed. 

I cannot think of a dumb move this Offseason yet. Burrow is the surest pick of all time that could fill seats at PBS and bring back 
biz right when everybody needs to get making dough again. Perfect timing for us and the only ones pushing for Herbert are Stool
fans and Fish fans. Just not happening.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You could say it the other way around too though. Easy to be crazy good when your QB is deadly accurate, and dropping dimes right on you in stride.

That is true and hoping it proves to be the case. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've seen Mike Brown's name come up as the one that likes Herbert, but from what I understand, it's more of them liking Herbert while also realizing that Burrow needs to be the pick.

I like Marie Osmond

But, love my wife
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not happening brother. Look at this Free Agency, things have clearly changed. 

I cannot think of a dumb move this Offseason yet. Burrow is the surest pick of all time that could fill seats at PBS and bring back 
biz right when everybody needs to get making dough again. Perfect timing for us and the only ones pushing for Herbert are Stool
fans and Fish fans. Just not happening.

Im not saying not draft Burrow though I have stated i would look at trade offers also but the idea the a player is what brings people to a game only lasts as far as winning.  We don;t have a winning season by end of 2nd year with Burrow.. empty seats you will see opening game 3rd year... 

You have to back it up with wins.. there was a buzz of excitement with Taylor as new HC and empty seats there were.....
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not saying not draft Burrow though I have stated i would look at trade offers also but the idea the a player is what brings people to a game only lasts as far as winning.  We don;t have a winning season by end of 2nd year with Burrow.. empty seats you will see opening game 3rd year... 

You have to back it up with wins.. there was a buzz of excitement with Taylor as new HC and empty seats there were.....

Because a lot of casual fans felt it was the same old Bengals, largely due to having the same QB for the 9th year in a row. And no other significant moves were made.

Reply/Quote