Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-11-2020, 01:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not saying not draft Burrow though I have stated i would look at trade offers also but the idea the a player is what brings people to a game only lasts as far as winning.  We don;t have a winning season by end of 2nd year with Burrow.. empty seats you will see opening game 3rd year... 

You have to back it up with wins.. there was a buzz of excitement with Taylor as new HC and empty seats there were.....

Yoda...you that is?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They're taking Burrow. Mike Brown knows what puts fans in the seats and money in his pocket. If he wants another year of 40,000 people in the stadium they'll trade the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 01:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not saying not draft Burrow though I have stated i would look at trade offers also but the idea the a player is what brings people to a game only lasts as far as winning.  We don;t have a winning season by end of 2nd year with Burrow.. empty seats you will see opening game 3rd year... 

You have to back it up with wins.. there was a buzz of excitement with Taylor as new HC and empty seats there were.....

That’s a big part but the fans also want an nfl team that operates like an actual nfl team making moves, cutting players that didn’t do end ugh to keep there job last year, and going after good FA players. Not necessarily the highest profile guys, but good additions to a team and locker room. Also making good decisions and picks in the draft.

Zac has done most of those things as well as holding players accountable when he could. It feels like we gave an active organization trying to improve and win after like 30 years of honoring full contracts to players who wasn’t playing up to the money they were making.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:28 PM)McC Wrote: You can flap your gums all day thinking you'll convince a single soul that you are anything but full of it, and you can unleash your line of BS all day long.  But, despite whatever end result you think you'll get, the truth is the louder you scream, the more ridiculous you seem to be. 

NO ONE IS BUYING YOUR DRIVEL.

Well that’s good bc I’m not here looking for anyone’s approval. But I willl be here laughing it up when burrow busts,
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well that’s good bc I’m not here looking for anyone’s approval. But I willl be here laughing it up when burrow busts,

Really?  You're hoping he fails.  Curious thing for a Bengals fan to say.  Did your 30-50 buddies tell you to say that? What do you call this cult?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well that’s good bc I’m not here looking for anyone’s approval. But I willl be here laughing it up when burrow busts,

JN is for Bengals fans only. Please go back to where you belong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:47 PM)McC Wrote: Really?  You're hoping he fails.  Curious thing for a Bengals fan to say.  Did your 30-50 buddies tell you to say that? What do you call this cult?

(04-11-2020, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JN is for Bengals fans only. Please go back to where you belong.
It’s not about what I want it’s about what will happen
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not about what I want it’s about what will happen

If you “laugh” at a Bengals player being a bust you’re a troll or a Steelers fan. Even the biggest Ross critics don’t get pleasure from his struggles.

You’re honestly one of the worst posters on this board. You care more about being right about some stupid draft predictions than you do the team doing well. It’s pathetic.

Reply/Quote

(04-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It’s not about what I want it’s about what will happen

I would like to see your scouting report for Joe Burrow.

I want to see games vs and plays vs you are using to describe him as a bust.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I would like to see your scouting report for Joe Burrow.

I want to see games vs and plays vs you are using to describe him as a bust.

I constantly see evaluators say they can’t even find bad drives from Burrow, let alone bad games.

If you like Tua or Love (lol) better as prospects, fine, great, but to suggest Burrow will be a bust is ridiculous. There is NOTHING on his tape to back that up.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I constantly see evaluators say they can’t even find bad drives from Burrow, let alone bad games.

If you like Tua or Love (lol) better as prospects, fine, great, but to suggest Burrow will be a bust is ridiculous. There is NOTHING on his tape to back that up.

Joe Burrow has had bad games... his 2018 game vs Alabama is an example but one doesnt make or break a prospect.

Tua Tagovailoa has had bad games too Georgia 2018 SEC Championship and Clemson 2017/18 National Championship. He actually had alot more mediocre games against top opponents in his career than Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Joe Burrow has had bad games... his 2018 game vs Alabama is an example but one doesnt make or break a prospect.

Tua Tagovailoa has had bad games too Georgia 2018 SEC Championship and Clemson 2017/18 National Championship. He actually had alot more mediocre games against top opponents in his career than Burrow.

I think most are talking about 2019 when they say that.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 11:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And before Kyler Murray's season started, he wasn't even a lock to win the starting job at Oklahoma, much less get drafted by the NFL.  Is that a recent enough of a rise of coming out of no where to end up top pick in the draft?

LOL. Heisman or not every player is a rolling of the dice.  And your stretching bigtime by even mentioning those 2 qbs as comparables to Burrows. Tebow? Not even close. Manziel? Closer because he put up good numbers as well, but wasn't he an alcoholic? Or have a drug problem? Or at the very least I'd say he had a poor work ethic. None of those seem to be an issue from all we have heard about Burrrows.

(04-11-2020, 05:46 PM)McC Wrote: Yoda...you that is?

Dont need to be Yoda staing the obvious 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Dont need to be Yoda staing the obvious 

Didn't even have to duck for that one to go right over your head, did ya?

Reply/Quote
MB may like Herbert, but the ONLY combine meeting he attended was Burrow's.

Miami could offer they're whole drafts for this year and next year and it still wouldn't be enough to come off a franchise changing QB. Tua isn't changing any franchises.

2020 NFL Draft #1OA: Joe Burrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:47 PM)McC Wrote: Really?  You're hoping he fails.  Curious thing for a Bengals fan to say.  Did your 30-50 buddies tell you to say that? What do you call this cult?

Steelers fandom
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Maybe the Mods/Admins should consider a cease and desist order for JPoore. Dude maybe a Bengal fan, if he is he's obviously trolling and trying to start bickering matches...

Just my $.02. Dead Horse

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Maybe the Mods/Admins should consider a cease and desist order for JPoore. Dude maybe a Bengal fan, if he is he's obviously trolling and trying to start bickering matches...

Just my $.02. Dead Horse

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote

Do you also root before take off for the pilot to crash the plane you and your family are on?  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Why will Burrow be a bust?

There is no 100% iron clad certainty about any draft pick, but Burrow is safer than many of the picks the Bengals have made in the first round recently.

Ross, for example, had several red flags coming out of college and the Bengals selected him high anyways. I disagreed with that pick, but it wasn't my choice so I had to wish him well, which did no good at all.

What I believe gives Burrow a good chance of succeeding with the Bengals is the change of attitude in the front office. The team is no longer scouring the bargain bin for starting players to sign and they are finally willing to cut their losses on bad contracts.

For the first time ever the team is actually using free agency as designed. Sure they have used free agency a few times in the past to get a decent player on the down side of their careers but rarely have they competed for good players, especially at positions where there's an entrenched starter under contract, e.g. Waynes replacing Kirkpatrick and Kirkpatrick sent packing. We've never seen that since free agency began that I can recall.

This is the first time that I've felt the Bengals front office was making competent moves since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM. And I have my doubts that he's in-charge any longer.

Reply/Quote