Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-06-2020, 09:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: As indicated earlier, I'd probably agree with that. I don't see Belichik going for Dalton either. My point would be that it still would not seem like an absurd idea for many in the first place. Which says something.

- If the notion your current QB could be a future Patriot QB doesn't seem outright ridiculous for a majority of observers, then your QB is not all that bad.

I'm not saying Dalton is trash.  But to be the next in line behind the GOAT?  That's a tall order.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 09:49 PM)McC Wrote: I'm not saying Dalton is trash.  But to be the next in line behind the GOAT?  That's a tall order.  

Montana-Young

Manning-Luck

Brady...Andy Dalton lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Montana-Young

Manning-Luck

Brady...Andy Dalton lol

Exactly.  Andy is practically the anti-Brady.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:14 PM)McC Wrote: Did I call him the most sure pick ever?  How many sure things are there in life period?

And let's not forget that practically the entire football world said a collective Wha?  when the Bears went up for Trubisky.

Only one sure thing in life. We eventually.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 09:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough, you probably didn't, it's just quite an essential point in my argument. Burrow, and that is nothing against the man, is not a sure thing. If he were (and there are quite a few of those), things would be different regarding possible trade scenarios.

That's true.

- I'd have a similar reaction if Miami actually used two additional first round picks to trade from 5 to 1. Honestly, if that were the Bengals doing that exact trade for Burrow, would everyone still be so sure that was the right call?

If you are the team in 5th and Burrow is your man.. then yes you make that trade and dont look back.

And Hollo, dont compare Burrows to Haskins. Different ages and levels of development. 

Hurts did just as good at Oklahoma as the 2 previous qbs. Ranks right there with Murray and Mayfield stat wise.

Also Juston Fields is a transfer, so does that mean hes worse than Fomm since he couldn't beat him out for the starting job? 

Nope. Just means he wanted to go somewhere and start. QBs dont get better sitting on the bench. They need game experience.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Live look at coach McNeil during the lockdown...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12558964]

LMAO! That's funny! I may even rep you for that one.

No, sadly I have taken on a 50 year old abomination of a remodel. Trying my best to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. It has me quite busy. I can't play music, so I had to pull out a different tool from my tool kit. Construction work is still considered essential here.

Funny post, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 10:37 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If you are the team in 5th and Burrow is your man.. then yes you make that trade and dont look back.

And Hollo, dont compare Burrows to Haskins. Different ages and levels of development. 

Hurts did just as good at Oklahoma as the 2 previous qbs. Ranks right there with Murray and Mayfield stat wise.

Also Juston Fields is a transfer, so does that mean hes worse than Fomm since he couldn't beat him out for the starting job? 

Wink I do not know that... time to admit that I watch zero college games. All I base my draft opinions on are experts, mock drafts, highlight videos, some past draft memories and the secret ingredient, my own utter incompetence.

Many experts don't see Burrow as that clear cut. For many he's not the best prospect. For some he's not the best QB. Might not mean anything, he very well might be and those guys could just be idiots. Same goes for the Haskins thing, it might very well mean nothing. What all that means though is that Burrow's relevant sample size is pretty much one year. And that is just slim. And I dare say that I consider that a relevant point.

And I can't help but see a little bit of a lottery factor with him, as is true for almost any prospect of course. But this would be in my thoughts were I to decide about said Dolphins trade. I'd say at least I'd have to consider it. I'd fall to 5, Tua or Herbert might still be there. Also, we still have a bad OLine and lousy LBs.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Wink I do not know that... time to admit that I watch zero college games. All I base my draft opinions on are experts, mock drafts, highlight videos, some past draft memories and the secret ingredient, my own utter incompetence.

Many experts don't see Burrow as that clear cut. For many he's not the best prospect. For some he's not the best QB. Might not mean anything, he very well might be and those guys could just be idiots. Same goes for the Haskins thing, it might very well mean nothing. What all that means though is that Burrow's relevant sample size is pretty much one year. And that is just slim. And I dare say that I consider that a relevant point.

And I can't help but see a little bit of a lottery factor with him, as is true for almost any prospect of course. But this would be in my thoughts were I to decide about said Dolphins trade. I'd say at least I'd have to consider it. I'd fall to 5, Tua or Herbert might still be there. Also, we still have a bad OLine and lousy LBs.

Tua won’t be there at 5, and Herbert is not worth taking that high.

Reply/Quote
this stupid thread has gone totally off the rails. PLEASE LET IT DIE!!!!

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:36 PM)RASCAL Wrote: this stupid thread has gone totally off the rails. PLEASE LET IT DIE!!!!

Instead of insulting other people’s threads, why don’t you and McNeil , and anyone else that has a problem with this one, oh idk...start your own? If there’s something more important we should be talking about, by all means let’s hear about it. Otherwise, add something worthwhile to this one or **** off.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tua won’t be there at 5, and Herbert is not worth taking that high.
WhoDey2  I agree. Miami better stop worrying about trying to trade for #1-OA and Burrow, and start trying to trade to #2-OA or some team that needs a QB will trade in front of them to get Tua... Nervous
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:09 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  I agree. Miami better stop worrying about trying to trade for #1-OA and Burrow, and start trying to trade to #2-OA or some team that needs a QB will trade in front of them to get Tua... Nervous

If you're sitting wherever you are in the draft and Tua is there for you, that could be an acceptable risk.  One pick, one player.

If you have to give up more than one pick, a lot of people might think the risk is too much.  Spending multiple picks on him is a guy staking his job on the move.

Lotta people squawking about Phins trading up for Burrow.  Shouldn't they be squawking about giving up less to go get Tua?

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 11:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Wink I do not know that... time to admit that I watch zero college games. All I base my draft opinions on are experts, mock drafts, highlight videos, some past draft memories and the secret ingredient, my own utter incompetence.

Here is what I see. Hurts is projected as the 5th to 7th best Qb in the draft.  But he led Alabama to the National Championship game twice as a true (not a red shirt) Freshman and Sophomore!! 

So Tua replaced him and quickly became the fan favorite, and the job was his from then on.

So either Alabama has a ton of talent surrounding the qb and the qb is just a product of the system or is the QB that good?

2nd Tuas injury history scares me.

I've been reading about those that have been putting Tua ahead of Burrow. One thing.they agree on is that Burrow should be the top pick, not Tua.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 09:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Then you and all of your "friends and associates" all must suffer from the same form of football talent selection disorder.  I can distinctly remember you jumping up and down all over these boards, gushing about Jordan Love, just about 6 weeks ago.  What happened?  Did you fall out of love with Love?  Now you've moved on to plugging crippled Tua as the next "greatest of all time"?
No I don’t believe love will be there at 26. Also I choose to evaluate an qbs entire career and don’t fall for decency bias which it seems everyone is doing.
(04-04-2020, 12:18 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: "BuT BuRrOw WaS oNlY gOoD fOr OnE yEaR"

"wHy DiDnT hE sTaRt aT oHiO sTaTe?"

Shit is getting tiring. 
He was only good for 1 year? He couldn’t beat out jt freaking Barrett.
(04-04-2020, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Getting?” It’s been tired.

Go back and look at some of Burrow’s games down the stretch in 2018. Especially the Fiesta Bowl against UCF. He was damn good.
I don’t fall for decency bias. And yeah he was damn good but ranked bottom 10 in cfb in ratings on 1st and 2nd read, turnover worthy throws, yards, etc etc.
(04-04-2020, 01:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Aren’t you the same goof that was guaranteeing Murray wouldn’t go #1 OA last year? Also saying he wasn’t very good?

Absolutely no one here is going to put any stock into anything you’re saying.
I had Murray as a top 15 talent? His talent was never the issue
(04-04-2020, 04:40 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: 1. He wasn't "Good" for one year. He was "good" for 1 year in 2018 with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator and game plan. And, He was "The BEST EVER in College Football HISTORY" under a Pro style New Orleans Saints offense. An offense which Concepts and WR Tree route every NFL team bases their offense off of other than maybe Baltimore.
An offense that is perfectly suited for a Zac Taylor type offense, who runs 11 personnel more than any NFL team in the league last year at a 70% clip. Guess how many 3 and 4 WR sets the LSU offense YD???? A LOT!
If you understood basic football concepts such as this YD, you would never be questioning this draft pick since Burrow's Completion Accuracy was also over 73%, one of the best of all time.

2. He didn't start at OSU b/c in his Sophomore year, he got a fluke injury on his throwing thumb; and JT Barrett won the job and took off running all the way to the National title. OSU also doesn't run a pro style offense, more compatible for a JT Barrett or a Braxton Miller, without a WR tree route which most NFL teams run. Please tell me which OSU QB has succeeded in the NFL recently???

3. Shit is getting tiring debating with guys like you the basic concepts of Pro football, making arguments that hold no bearing whatsoever, with little evidence to show for it. Spitting out basic, generic sentences with no back up evidence whatsoever.

Lastly, even if you were correct that it was a 1 year wonder type of QB. I'd still take my chances with a guy like Burrow. Why?
1. His "One year wonder" theory by you and others was after all in the most ready Pro style league year after year in the SEC.
2. He did it against the best overall teams, winning more Top 20 games than anyone did and beating the best teams from every other league.
3. His list of teams he took down were:  AT ALABAMA (Do you know how hard that is YD)?, Georgia twice, Auburn (Best defense in College), Oklahoma, Clemson
4. He's a Coaches son, and he took every challenge on in regards to learning to the next level.
5. His competitive nature is already in the myths of Aaron Rodgers according to his teammates.
6. His throwing motion, accuracy and leadership qualities are compared to Tom Brady according to football analysts.
7. When you have a hands down Overall CONSENSUS #1 QB such as Burrow is, you can't pass him up if you're drafting #1. If you pass on him, and he goes on to greatness, the Franchise who passed on them would be hammered for years and years to come. It would be devastating even to a floundering franchise like our Bengals.

Please come at us with more evidence than the garbage you and Jmoore are spouting out. It's embarrassing.
Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow? Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb. Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight.
(04-04-2020, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Even if he is a one year wonder that one year was simply put the greatest season ever accomplished by a QB in college football history. He threw 60 TDs for crying out loud.

Look it's simple Joe Burrow the best player in the draft and he his simply put the best bargain in the NFL right now. The Bengals are in a win win right now either they get a franchise QB or they get a great haul for said QB.
To me the safer bet is Burrow but if that right deal was there I would consider it.

The problem with a trade is I don't think the other QB options in the draft are good besides TUA and he won't be there @ 5. So what do we do for QB?

The problem with just drafting Burrow is that the Bengals are looking at a ton of needs in the future.
1.) AJ is 32 and on a franchise deal there is a high probability that he leaves next off season.
2.) Both Carlos and Atkins are in the twilights of there career; so they will have to be replaced. 3.) Jackson is on his last year of his deal + he is looking at a 20 million dollar a year type of deal. He'll be 29 next season do we pay him that much as an older player.
4.) Both Ross and Lawson are on the last year of there rookie deals as well.
5.) The offensive line still needs work as well.
If Miami gives you the 18th, 26th, 39th, 56th, 70th, + a 2021 first, + a 2022 first for a swap of the 1st for 5th then that would be a huge deal. Your looking at an additional 7 + starters the next three drafts. That's an incredible deal for the Bengals to turndown.
Burrow isn’t best player in draft he’ll he’s not even unanimous qb1
Reply/Quote
Ever notice you don’t see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room? You never see Fred and jpoore in the same forums. Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No I don’t believe love will be there at 26. Also I choose to evaluate an qbs entire career and don’t fall for decency bias which it seems everyone is doing.
I don’t fall for decency bias. And yeah he was damn good but ranked bottom 10 in cfb in ratings on 1st and 2nd read, turnover worthy throws, yards, etc etc.
Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow?  Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb.  Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight.

You can flap your gums all day thinking you'll convince a single soul that you are anything but full of it, and you can unleash your line of BS all day long.  But, despite whatever end result you think you'll get, the truth is the louder you scream, the more ridiculous you seem to be. 

NO ONE IS BUYING YOUR DRIVEL.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: No I don’t believe love will be there at 26. Also I choose to evaluate an qbs entire career and don’t fall for decency bias which it seems everyone is doing.
Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow?  Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb.  Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight.

Yeah and Kyler Murray is playing Baseball right now and is a third Rd pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jesus where do I start.
#1. Barrett is the job since 2014? Before burrow? Also burrow was not good at all in 2018. Bottom 19 in every category in all of cfb. Car dale jones best alabama it isn’t that hard. Burrow then ran from a qb competition with Haskins. Why don’t u get ur facts straight.

What the hell is decency-bias?

People like players more because they're nice people?

(04-07-2020, 01:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ever notice you don’t see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room? You never see Fred and jpoore in the same forums. Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFINITELY not the same people.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What the hell is decency-bias?

People like players more because they're nice people?

DEFINITELY not the same people.

Recently I've taken a liking to people who are nice... See what I did there?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Montana-Young

Manning-Luck

Brady...Andy Dalton lol

Marino-Jay Fiedler

Manning-Brock Osweiler

Aikman-Quincy Carter

Now Brady to Dalton doesn't seem so bad. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote