Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-03-2020, 08:14 PM)McC Wrote: You sure couldn't have gotten that impression in the NCG.  Or the OSU game either.  If Dabo hadn't slickered the OSU defense on that long run that he spent the entire game setting up, he wouldn't have even gotten that win.  He didn't look good that game either.  I think a lot of shine came off Lawrence all last season.

I'm a huge OSU fan as well. But, I'll disagree with you on this. Lawrence didn't have his #1 and really only WR in Higgins for some of that game. So, their passing game was screwed up until he came back in the game.
OSU lost b/c of the stupid hit from their Safety on Lawrence. That was the turning point of the game.
And, I have to give Lawrence credit, that run was phenomenal.

He may look like a girl like someone mentioned; but, he plays the RPO game like a Beast! He's 6'6", 220 and athletic and accurate as hell!!
Reply/Quote
Just a quick google search it looks like Flacco and Foles might be the best 6”6 QB’s? So you can certainly win a SB with one, but for whatever reason there does seem to be a lot of them that suck at the NFL level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:32 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I'm a huge OSU fan as well. But, I'll disagree with you on this. Lawrence didn't have his #1 and really only WR in Higgins for some of that game. So, their passing game was screwed up until he came back in the game.
OSU lost b/c of the stupid hit from their Safety on Lawrence. That was the turning point of the game.
And, I have to give Lawrence credit, that run was phenomenal.

He may look like a girl like someone mentioned; but, he plays the RPO game like a Beast! He's 6'6", 220 and athletic and accurate as hell!!

The run was great, but it was run into a wide open half of the field that was set up by the constant RPO's run to the right where he either handed off or threw the ball to the point where nobody on the Buckeye defense was paying any attention to Lawrence running the ball.

And then, when he did, it was wide open.  If I remember right, he did have to juke a defender or even two, but it was not a difficult run to make.

Yes, the hit by the OSU S was bad but Clemson still had to score and that run was made possible by a brilliant scheme that took most of the game to set up.

All in all, Lawrence didn't throw the ball worth a damn in either game, sailing the ball over receivers' heads again and again. 

If you get right down to it, his whole season paled in comparison to his freshman year.  He's got a whole season to fix things but he hardly looks like the slam dunk he once did.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really talking out of your ass here. Did you watch the NCG? Burrow took Lawrence to school.
Find me 1 scout that has burrow over lawrence. Bc every one has been asked and with no pause as soon as the question has been asked it’s lawrence. It’s not close.
(04-02-2020, 05:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Calling you out on Twitter was more just breaking balls, but this post proves that I'm in the right.

Sorry man, you're completely off your rocker.

Completely.
Not at all. Under no circumstance will I ever want burrow. I can’t wait to watch him bust hard.
(04-02-2020, 06:14 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Where are you getting your QB analysis from? MJD?????????????? Lmfao!

Every CREDIBLE QB scout besides a few such as Bucky Brooks has Burrow as the perfect fit for Taylor's offense, and over Tua.
It's hard not to have a record breaking QB as #1 overall.

The reality you're living in is the one where Tua didn't dislocate his freakin' hip!

Have you ever dislocated anything before?
Once it's done, it's always susceptible to being dislocated again, and it's not quite the same as it was, with or without surgery.
And, for a tough stop and go sport such as football is on the hips for a QB, you are not taking that chance, especially the Bengals who have been snakebitten by injured players in the First Round.
Did you by chance watch Tua's video the other day? He's just starting to do drills right now. No thank you sir, that's a hard "pass" IMO....

You're not living in a realistic world Jmoore. Sorry buddy.
#1 he said he is 100 percent healthy. He had a medical recheck to confirm it. And yeah o my the biggest scouts in the scouting world have tua over burrow.
(04-02-2020, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, no doubt. Just had the best season of all time by any QB of all time, college or NFL and he is a #3 QB...

Jordan Love throws ints all the time and Tua is injured a lot. There just isn't any competition for the #1 pick.

Nothing any team gives, nothing anyone says should ever change our team's mind about this pick.

Surest thing ever is Joe Burrow.
Yeah surest thing ever. Let’s just ignore the first 4 years of a college players career.
(04-03-2020, 12:42 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Burrow is NOT a question mark??

Nobody knows if Tua is 100%or not. No Pro Days. If I'm a team that's considering a high draft pick on Tua, I'm not worried too much about his ankles. It's his hip. 1 wrong hit and he could be done....

That's your opinion. Burrow completely outplayed Lawrence. Lawrence's face at the end of the game showed it. It's also just your opinion that Burrow isn't the #1 QB in this draft. Who is supposed to be considered better than him??

You are just anti-Burrow for whatever reason....
Not my opinion. Professional scouts opinion. Also tua is 100 percent and could play a game today as confirmed by himself and verified by the medical recheck he just had. 2ndly I can link 2 dozen scouts who have been asked burrow or lawrence and it’s not close they all say.
(04-03-2020, 08:18 AM)spidey Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout, disagrees with you on this.  He said he would draft Burrow over Tua even if Tua didn't have any health issues. 
The quote u quoted was lawrence or burrow. But in regards to ur comment, Bucky brooks, Mel kiper, Todd mccshay as well as others all have tua as qb1.
(04-03-2020, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He also cracked the wall of the pelvis. This is the exact same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career. It's also an injury that C. J. Mosely suffered in college and recovered from. Tua is an unknown. He may be 100%, he may move like he's 70. No way in any universe you take him over Burrow. And for me, even without the injury you still take Burrow.

(04-03-2020, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Come on man I expect better of u. I know ur well informed. The jackson tours injury comparison has had dozens of articles public he’s proving it was nothing alike.
Fans in general will not be happy with any pick that isn't Burrow. He's the most hyped QB prospect since Luck. If we pass on that for an injured Tua or someone like Herbert, fans will be pissed and rightfully so, I'd say.
I’ll riot if it’s burrow. Sure guys let’s ignore 80 percent of a college players career bc he had 1 good year.
Reply/Quote
We really need negative rep here...

Hoping the kid “busts hard?” WTF. You must be a secret Steelers fan. No Bengals fan would hope for such a thing.

Absolute clown shoes.

Reply/Quote
Also lol at “one good year” like it was some QB having a nice season at Boise St or something. Burrow set records playing in the best conference, and completely destroyed a Clemson team in the NCG that has been neck and neck with Alabama as the best program in the country the past few years. That’s not good, it’s phenomenal. And historic.

Reply/Quote
WhoDey2
Well Jpoore, I hate to be the bearer of "bad news" but I think you should probably start lacing up your rioting shoes....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Why were so many teams calling the bengals to see what they would give up for the #1 pick?

Oh yeah, they were all over Burrow's jock, not even thinking of taking Tua.

Now teams are looking at other options, taking Tua or Herbert knowing they aren't going to start immediately is a problem with paying a player that much money and not starting them.

Burrow can start day 1. And if he can memorize the play book in a week is pretty insane. Betcha Tua, Herbert, Love and all the rest of the QBs in this class will take longer than a week to memorize there playbooks.

Jpoore is trolling. I know he doesn't like Burrow and loves Love and apparently Tua now. I also expect a video of him going berserk when the Bengals take Burrow #1 overall.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also lol at “one good year” like it was some QB having a nice season at Boise St or something. Burrow set records playing in the best conference, and completely destroyed a Clemson team in the NCG that has been neck and neck with Alabama as the best program in the country the past few years. That’s not good, it’s phenomenal. And historic.

It was historic, but it's about the process. Something you just don't seem to understand?

Ts, in reply to your op, I think there's a 95 percent chance they will draft Joe Burrow, or soon to be known as Joe Bengal.

And, there is nothing wrong with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 01:16 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It was historic, but it's about the process. Something you just don't seem to understand?

Ts, in reply to your op, I think there's a 95 percent chance they will draft Joe Burrow, or soon to be known as Joe Bengal.

And, there is nothing wrong with that.

What don’t I understand? Explain it to me.

Let me guess, it was all Joe Brady? Teddy Bridgewater better have about 5k yds and 50 TD’s next season with such an offensive genius calling his plays...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 11:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Find me 1 scout that has burrow over lawrence. Bc every one has been asked and with no pause as soon as the question has been asked it’s lawrence. It’s not close.
Not at all. Under no circumstance will I ever want burrow. I can’t wait to watch him bust hard.
#1 he said he is 100 percent healthy. He had a medical recheck to confirm it. And yeah o my the biggest scouts in the scouting world have tua over burrow.
Yeah surest thing ever. Let’s just ignore the first 4 years of a college players career.
Not my opinion. Professional scouts opinion. Also tua is 100 percent and could play a game today as confirmed by himself and verified by the medical recheck he just had.  2ndly I can link 2 dozen scouts who have been asked burrow or lawrence and it’s not close they all say.
The quote u quoted was lawrence or burrow. But in regards to ur comment, Bucky brooks, Mel kiper, Todd mccshay as well as others all have tua as qb1.

I’ll riot if it’s burrow. Sure guys let’s ignore 80 percent of a college players career bc he had 1 good year.

Gosh.  You're in for a bad night on April 23rd.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 11:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Find me 1 scout that has burrow over lawrence. Bc every one has been asked and with no pause as soon as the question has been asked it’s lawrence. It’s not close.
Not my opinion. Professional scouts opinion. Also tua is 100 percent and could play a game today as confirmed by himself and verified by the medical recheck he just had.  2ndly I can link 2 dozen scouts who have been asked burrow or lawrence and it’s not close they all say.

You'll riot?  A one man riot?  Alert the National Guard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: This whole madness could be easily eliminated if the league would just allow the Bengals to go ahead and sign him now and stop pretending there is some sort of drama to be milked until draft night, especially considering there won't even be anybody there to be sitting on pins and needles, waiting for the pick to be announced.

What is going on now can in no way be considered drama when all it really is is nonsense.

Agreed. I understand that the NFL wants surprises after the 2010 draft debacle, but this #1 pick is as obvious as the Colts taking Luck. The NFL is most likely telling the Bengals to keep quiet about Burrow until they're on the clock. I'd be amazed if our time on the clock lasts longer than 2 minutes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 01:13 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why were so many teams calling the bengals to see what they would give up for the #1 pick?

Oh yeah, they were all over Burrow's jock, not even thinking of taking Tua.

Now teams are looking at other options, taking Tua or Herbert knowing they aren't going to start immediately is a problem with paying a player that much money and not starting them.

Burrow can start day 1. And if he can memorize the play book in a week is pretty insane. Betcha Tua, Herbert, Love and all the rest of the QBs in this class will take longer than a week to memorize there playbooks.

Jpoore is trolling. I know he doesn't like Burrow and loves Love and apparently Tua now. I also expect a video of him going berserk when the Bengals take Burrow #1 overall.
Teams were going all after Ryan leaf too. Oh yeah rg3 too. Just bc teams go after someone dosent mean he’s a good player.
(04-04-2020, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What don’t I understand? Explain it to me.

Let me guess, it was all Joe Brady? Teddy Bridgewater better have about 5k yds and 50 TD’s next season with such an offensive genius calling his plays...
Bet bridgewater looks like a 10 qb next year.
(04-04-2020, 01:53 AM)McC Wrote: You'll riot?  A one man riot?  Alert the National Guard.
Nah I know of at least 30-50 of my friends and associates/work colleagues at a minimum who will hate if we draft burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Teams were going all after Ryan leaf too. Oh yeah rg3 too. Just bc teams go after someone dosent mean he’s a good player.
Nah I know of at least 30-50 of my friends and associates/work colleagues at a minimum who will hate if we draft burrow.

They must be Steeler fans.  Where are they doing their trolling?

Tell your nutty friends to get their 50 individual sheltered at home riots ready cuz it's a done deal.  Won't that be a sight to see?

Reply/Quote
Burrow had the best season in the history of college football. Case closed. Lawrence struggled the last two games overthrow after overthrow definitely not looking like a number 1 pick. Jpoore can’t be serious about anything he says. There’s no way he’s being serious. 50 coworkers rioting ? The quarantine period has taken a toll on him. Poor guy
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wouldn't suggest tanking again either, I'm just believe we picked the wrong year to be #1, as I believe Lawrence will have a better NFL career then Burrow. 

ehh cant say i share your sentiments there. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
STOP! Just stop with the insanity and banal arguments!

Do any of you understand what the Bengals would have to do in 2020 to get Trevor Lawrence?

They would have to totally tank the entire season. I think that might be the dumbest thing ever because one 2-14 season is enough. It’s not worth it. Yes, that’s right. It would take another year in the basement to get the #1OA again.

I hate picking #1OA. It’s a badge of dishonor. It’s the walk of shame. I don’t care how much attention the media puts on the Bengals when the team is in this position because it’s not worth it. I want to pick 32d every year.

After all this flurry of complete toddler-worthy meltdowns I just read I’m embarrassed. This batshit craziness is all over cyberspace forever. The Bengals just landed a gold mine of talent via free agency for the first time in recorded history and all I hear is anger and frustration.

Stop.

This team with its new personnel isn’t going to go 2-14 again even if Zac Taylor keeps the existing playbook. The upgrade in talent alone means winning some of the close games the Bengals lost in 2019. The Bengals have finally done what we have all known should be done so stop complaining and arguing useless hypotheticals.

Personally I don’t care what Zac and the Front Office do on Thursday night, April 23. Thanks to an aggressive free agency the Bengals have the luxury of selecting a plethora of smart options.

The only option not on the board is tanking the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Teams were going all after Ryan leaf too. Oh yeah rg3 too. Just bc teams go after someone dosent mean he’s a good player.

Then you and all of your "friends and associates" all must suffer from the same form of football talent selection disorder.  I can distinctly remember you jumping up and down all over these boards, gushing about Jordan Love, just about 6 weeks ago.  What happened?  Did you fall out of love with Love?  Now you've moved on to plugging crippled Tua as the next "greatest of all time"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 09:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: STOP! Just stop with the insanity and banal arguments!

Do any of you understand what the Bengals would have to do in 2020 to get Trevor Lawrence?

They would have to totally tank the entire season. I think that might be the dumbest thing ever because one 2-14 season is enough. It’s not worth it. Yes, that’s right. It would take another year in the basement to get the #1OA again.

I hate picking #1OA. It’s a badge of dishonor. It’s the walk of shame. I don’t care how much attention the media puts on the Bengals when the team is in this position because it’s not worth it. I want to pick 32d every year.

After all this flurry of complete toddler-worthy meltdowns I just read I’m embarrassed. This batshit craziness is all over cyberspace forever. The Bengals just landed a gold mine of talent via free agency for the first time in recorded history and all I hear is anger and frustration.

Stop.

This team with its new personnel isn’t going to go 2-14 again even if Zac Taylor keeps the existing playbook. The upgrade in talent alone means winning some of the close games the Bengals lost in 2019. The Bengals have finally done what we have all known should be done so stop complaining and arguing useless hypotheticals.

Personally I don’t care what Zac and the Front Office do on Thursday night, April 23. Thanks to an aggressive free agency the Bengals have the luxury of selecting a plethora of smart options.

The only option not on the board is tanking the season.

Who exactly are you talking to here? Because other than Jpoore I haven’t seen anyone say anything they should be embarrassed about.

Reply/Quote