Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-02-2020, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: They wouldn’t. That’s why everyone values players differently. Me? If I’m offered 4 1st round picks, ESPECIALLY 3 in THIS DRAFT? I’m taking that all day provided I can get qb1 at 5. The ankle issues is a no. Issue bc 1. He had tightrope surgery on both ankles, when he didn’t need to, just to make them stronger. Also never had any issue with them after the tightrope surgery which he came back in less Han 2 weeks from btw.
Burrow 1 is a big question mark. And 2 tua is 100 percent healthy and has had extreme strengthening surgery on both ankle.

There is not a scout alive or dead that would pick joe burrow over trevor lawrence. He’ll burrow isn’t even qb1 in his own draft class let alone next year. Burrow is qb3 I. Next years class pretty substantially.

You’re really talking out of your ass here. Did you watch the NCG? Burrow took Lawrence to school.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: They wouldn’t. That’s why everyone values players differently. Me? If I’m offered 4 1st round picks, ESPECIALLY 3 in THIS DRAFT? I’m taking that all day provided I can get qb1 at 5. The ankle issues is a no. Issue bc 1. He had tightrope surgery on both ankles, when he didn’t need to, just to make them stronger. Also never had any issue with them after the tightrope surgery which he came back in less Han 2 weeks from btw.
Burrow 1 is a big question mark. And 2 tua is 100 percent healthy and has had extreme strengthening surgery on both ankle.

There is not a scout alive or dead that would pick joe burrow over trevor lawrence. He’ll burrow isn’t even qb1 in his own draft class let alone next year. Burrow is qb3 I. Next years class pretty substantially.

Calling you out on Twitter was more just breaking balls, but this post proves that I'm in the right.

Sorry man, you're completely off your rocker.

Completely.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  He’ll burrow isn’t even qb1 in his own draft class let alone next year. Burrow is qb3 I. Next years class pretty substantially.

If Burrow isn't #1 and a bigger risk than Tua, then why are the Dolphins so desperate to get him...instead of Tua?

[Image: source.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jpoore crushing on Jordan Love HARD.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 02:31 PM)shanebo Wrote: Wow, you sound like a nice guy to hang out with!  :andy:

Based on Mike's demand in '99, if he thinks as highly of Burrow as he did of Akili, it would take at least 4 firsts, plus 5 picks in each round 3-7.  That would be the Dolphins' 3 first rounders this year, one of their two firsts next year, and one pick in each round 3-7 this year.  Unlikely they would agree to give up that much.  

I'm not all that nice to hang out with, actually.  It's because my bullshit filter is a finely tuned machine.  And here you are comparing Joe Borrow to Akili ***** Smith again.  Filter buzzing on overdrive.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Where are you getting your QB analysis from? MJD?????????????? Lmfao!

Every CREDIBLE QB scout besides a few such as Bucky Brooks has Burrow as the perfect fit for Taylor's offense, and over Tua.
It's hard not to have a record breaking QB as #1 overall.

The reality you're living in is the one where Tua didn't dislocate his freakin' hip!

Have you ever dislocated anything before?
Once it's done, it's always susceptible to being dislocated again, and it's not quite the same as it was, with or without surgery.
And, for a tough stop and go sport such as football is on the hips for a QB, you are not taking that chance, especially the Bengals who have been snakebitten by injured players in the First Round.
Did you by chance watch Tua's video the other day? He's just starting to do drills right now. No thank you sir, that's a hard "pass" IMO....

You're not living in a realistic world Jmoore. Sorry buddy.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Burrow isn't #1 and a bigger risk than Tua, then why are the Dolphins so desperate to get him...instead of Tua?

Just ask JPoore if Burrow is #3 Who is his number #2 Quarterback? 

Everyone will really get a kick out of that answer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Just ask JPoore if Burrow is #3 Who is his number #2 Quarterback? 

Everyone will really get a kick out of that answer.

After seeing some of the posts in the draft forum, I'm guessing Love? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Burrow isn't #1 and a bigger risk than Tua, then why are the Dolphins so desperate to get him...instead of Tua?

Lol, no doubt. Just had the best season of all time by any QB of all time, college or NFL and he is a #3 QB...

Jordan Love throws ints all the time and Tua is injured a lot. There just isn't any competition for the #1 pick.

Nothing any team gives, nothing anyone says should ever change our team's mind about this pick.

Surest thing ever is Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote

Weird how they faced off.  Trevor Lawrence looked bad.  Joe Burrow lit up the night.  Burrow did it to one of the best defenses in the nation.  One guy rose to the occasion.  The other guy kinda pooped all over the occasion.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

WhoDey2 Burrow is NOT a question mark??

Nobody knows if Tua is 100%or not. No Pro Days. If I'm a team that's considering a high draft pick on Tua, I'm not worried too much about his ankles. It's his hip. 1 wrong hit and he could be done....

That's your opinion. Burrow completely outplayed Lawrence. Lawrence's face at the end of the game showed it. It's also just your opinion that Burrow isn't the #1 QB in this draft. Who is supposed to be considered better than him??

You are just anti-Burrow for whatever reason....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:51 AM)Synric Wrote: Actually I was on the Joe Burrow train before it became trendy. He is the type of player you rebuild a franchise around.

Trust me I've been all in on Burrow for a long time longer than most.

I was just saying if they do trade instead of trying to get 5 picks in one year to spread them over 3 drafts would be a better idea. Eggs in a basket etc...

WhoDey2 OK gotcha. Personally I don't, but I can see why some might feel that way... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
If a team is willing to give up that much for one player, he must be a very special player. I'd rather add the special player that plays the most important position.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really talking out of your ass here. Did you watch the NCG? Burrow took Lawrence to school.

That would be you with this comment.

The LSU defense and the LSU coaching staff had a plan in place that worked to control Lawrence and made him look bad. (Also, his first loss in college)

Burrow didn't play against Lawrence, he played against the Clemson defense that looked bad and unprepared.

I'm not even going down this road again, but Lawrence is considered by every single NFL scout out there, to be the best QB prospect coming out in decades. So stop...

Talking with quarterback gurus and NFL scouts, I looked for someone—anyone—to tell me that Trevor Lawrence is overhyped. The Clemson QB had a starry, 11-start ascent as a true freshman last season, which culminated in a 347-yard evisceration of Nick Saban’s Alabama in the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.

Every single response was, in essence, a flat no.

“There’s nothing he can’t do,” says former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who coached Lawrence in Elite 11. “The only question is if he’ll continue to do it. It’s hard to temper your excitement, because he checks every single box. Confidence, intelligence, athleticism, smarts, twitch, arm strength, power—you go through all the boxes, he’s nines or 10s. It’s like Andrew Luck.”

“He’s perfect,” ex-NFL quarterback/current mechanics coach Jordan Palmer says.

Lawrence likely would’ve been the first pick in this year’s draft if he were eligible. He will almost certainly be the top pick in 2021, if he declares after his true junior season at Clemson.

Then this from another article:

Trevor Lawrence has led Clemson to another College Football Playoff championship game. The sophomore from Cartersville, Ga., coming out of high school was considered the best quarterback recruit since John Elway went to Stanford more than 40 years ago.

While Lawrence continues to build his resume and status in relation to college football's greatest QBs of all time, the NFL will need patiently wait for his potential franchise-carrying services for another year.

Lawrence can't enter the NFL after this season. He won't be three years removed from high school until the end of the 2020 calendar year.

LSU QB Joe Burrow, a senior, is projected to the No. 1 overall pick to the Bengals. Oregon's Justin Herbert, Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa, Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts, Utah State's Jordan Love, Georgia's Jake Fromm and Washington's Jacob Eason also are QBs in the Class of 2020.

Including Burrow, all of those QBs would have been No. 2 or lower behind Lawrence had the Clemson passer been eligible to enter the draft in 2020. Lawrence, despite all of his championship and individual laurels so far, has no plans to sit out his 2020 junior season to avoid an injury that could damage his NFL prospects.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-projection-best-fits/1x7djbmi2vgd417t1qfgm09pgp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That would be you with this comment.

The LSU defense and the LSU coaching staff had a plan in place that worked to control Lawrence and made him look bad. (Also, his first loss in college)

Burrow didn't play against Lawrence, he played against the Clemson defense that looked bad and unprepared.

I'm not even going down this road again, but Lawrence is considered by every single NFL scout out there, to be the best QB prospect coming out in decades. So stop...

Talking with quarterback gurus and NFL scouts, I looked for someone—anyone—to tell me that Trevor Lawrence is overhyped. The Clemson QB had a starry, 11-start ascent as a true freshman last season, which culminated in a 347-yard evisceration of Nick Saban’s Alabama in the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.

“There’s nothing he can’t do,” says former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who coached Lawrence in Elite 11. “The only question is if he’ll continue to do it. It’s hard to temper your excitement, because he checks every single box. Confidence, intelligence, athleticism, smarts, twitch, arm strength, power—you go through all the boxes, he’s nines or 10s. It’s like Andrew Luck.”

Lawrence likely would’ve been the first pick in this year’s draft if he were eligible. He will almost certainly be the top pick in 2021, if he declares after his true junior season at Clemson.

Trevor Lawrence has led Clemson to another College Football Playoff championship game. The sophomore from Cartersville, Ga., coming out of high school was considered the best quarterback recruit since John Elway went to Stanford more than 40 years ago.

While Lawrence continues to build his resume and status in relation to college football's greatest QBs of all time, the NFL will need patiently wait for his potential franchise-carrying services for another year.

Lawrence can't enter the NFL after this season. He won't be three years removed from high school until the end of the 2020 calendar year.

LSU QB Joe Burrow, a senior, is projected to the No. 1 overall pick to the Bengals. Oregon's Justin Herbert, Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa, Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts, Utah State's Jordan Love, Georgia's Jake Fromm and Washington's Jacob Eason also are QBs in the Class of 2020.

Including Burrow, all of those QBs would have been No. 2 or lower behind Lawrence had the Clemson passer been eligible to enter the draft in 2020. Lawrence, despite all of his championship and individual laurels so far, has no plans to sit out his 2020 junior season to avoid an injury that could damage his NFL prospects.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/trevor-lawrence-nfl-draft-projection-best-fits/1x7djbmi2vgd417t1qfgm09pgp

That’s nice. Burrow still took him to school.

And ofc Burrow played against the Clemson defense. I didn’t think Lawrence suited up on D lol. But when big time QB’s go up against each other that’s how they’re compared. People talked about Brady vs Manning back in the day. Not Brady vs Bob Sanders and the Colts defense!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 05:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: There is not a scout alive or dead that would pick joe burrow over trevor lawrence. He’ll burrow isn’t even qb1 in his own draft class let alone next year. Burrow is qb3 I. Next years class pretty substantially.

Daniel Jeremiah, a former scout, disagrees with you on this.  He said he would draft Burrow over Tua even if Tua didn't have any health issues. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 06:14 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Where are you getting your QB analysis from? MJD?????????????? Lmfao!

Every CREDIBLE QB scout besides a few such as Bucky Brooks has Burrow as the perfect fit for Taylor's offense, and over Tua.
It's hard not to have a record breaking QB as #1 overall.

The reality you're living in is the one where Tua didn't dislocate his freakin' hip!

Have you ever dislocated anything before?
Once it's done, it's always susceptible to being dislocated again, and it's not quite the same as it was, with or without surgery.
And, for a tough stop and go sport such as football is on the hips for a QB, you are not taking that chance, especially the Bengals who have been snakebitten by injured players in the First Round.
Did you by chance watch Tua's video the other day? He's just starting to do drills right now. No thank you sir, that's a hard "pass" IMO....

You're not living in a realistic world Jmoore. Sorry buddy.

He also cracked the wall of the pelvis. This is the exact same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career. It's also an injury that C. J. Mosely suffered in college and recovered from. Tua is an unknown. He may be 100%, he may move like he's 70. No way in any universe you take him over Burrow. And for me, even without the injury you still take Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He also cracked the wall of the pelvis. This is the exact same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career. It's also an injury that C. J. Mosely suffered in college and recovered from. Tua is an unknown. He may be 100%, he may move like he's 70. No way in any universe you take him over Burrow. And for me, even without the injury you still take Burrow.

He’s definitely not moving like he’s 70. He looks great on his little clips he’s been releasing. The major fear is not so much will he but 100%, but can he sustain hits at the NFL level. Any team that takes him is going to be holding their breath every time he gets hit. At least for awhile.

Hell, can you imagine Tua taking that hit that Burrow did at the end of the 1st half of the National championship game? What resulted in bruised ribs for Burrow, would probably have taken Tua out of the game. He just seems more injury prone for whatever reason.

Reply/Quote

I'm not a scout or anything, but I've said since BEFORE the NC, that I don't think Lawrence is all that great AND that he will be a middling player in the pros.

Even in the perfect sitch, he has never shown moxie or anything of that nature; his astounding defense constantly and consistently, puts him in fantastic situations and he has great skill players + a decent oline to boot.

It doesn't matter what people say, it matters what the tape says; people have been raving over him because, "he hadn't lost since his sophomore year at High School!"

That's all fine 'n dandy, but do you actually watch his games?

He's never had consistent Tua/Burrow/Haskins.etc. games and Clemson has rivaled Alabama as being the best team of the 2010s, peaking in Watson's last year and Lawrence's first two.

Again, JMO, but he's nothing special.

And he looks like a freakin' woman.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I think Lawrence will end up being a good QB, but it's not enough to make me wait another year for him. Im taking Burrow now and not looking back. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote