Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Please calm me down...
(04-04-2020, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: YXD isn't questioning the Burrow draft pick Jersey, he is making fun of the one's questioning the Burrow draft pick.

Maybe he should of added this. Sarcasm

Sorry YD!!! Well, at least I added Jmoore in there at the end! Lmao

So that post will go to all the ones questioning the pick then!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: Right.  Because a second round pick is exactly the same as several firsts and a few seconds in more than one draft.

I'm just saying the Dolphins might not know a good QB from a hole in the ground if they blew a 2nd on Rosen.  To say "Well, if the Dolphins want him he's gotta be the best QB in the draft" is putting more faith in that shat organization's front office than they deserve.

I think Burrow is the best QB in this draft, but not because the dumbass Dolphins want him.

They blew a 2nd round pick on a QB they gave what, 2 games and then gave up on?  Sure, they'd trade more for Burrow but they'd get way more out of him, too.  At any rate, before anyone attacks me let me say that Burrow is awesome and the best and he gives me a football boner so don't take this post as some sort of knock against the guy.  I'm just here to point out that giving the Dolphins credit on QB evaluation is rough since they spent picks making their QB room much worse this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:46 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Sorry YD!!! Well, at least I added Jmoore in there at the end! Lmao

So that post will go to all the ones questioning the pick then!  Hilarious

There yah go, it was a good post, just to the wrong guy lol
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying the Dolphins might not know a good QB from a hole in the ground if they blew a 2nd on Rosen.  To say "Well, if the Dolphins want him he's gotta be the best QB in the draft" is putting more faith in that shat organization's front office than they deserve.

I think Burrow is the best QB in this draft, but not because the dumbass Dolphins want him.

They blew a 2nd round pick on a QB they gave what, 2 games and then gave up on?  Sure, they'd trade more for Burrow but they'd get way more out of him, too.  At any rate, before anyone attacks me let me say that Burrow is awesome and the best and he gives me a football boner so don't take this post as some sort of knock against the guy.  I'm just here to point out that giving the Dolphins credit on QB evaluation is rough since they spent picks making their QB room much worse this season.

Good point, everybody likes Burrow though except for a few loonies. He is that good.
Reply/Quote
Even if he is a one year wonder that one year was simply put the greatest season ever accomplished by a QB in college football history. He threw 60 TDs for crying out loud.

Look it's simple Joe Burrow the best player in the draft and he his simply put the best bargain in the NFL right now. The Bengals are in a win win right now either they get a franchise QB or they get a great haul for said QB.
To me the safer bet is Burrow but if that right deal was there I would consider it.

The problem with a trade is I don't think the other QB options in the draft are good besides TUA and he won't be there @ 5. So what do we do for QB?

The problem with just drafting Burrow is that the Bengals are looking at a ton of needs in the future.
1.) AJ is 32 and on a franchise deal there is a high probability that he leaves next off season.
2.) Both Carlos and Atkins are in the twilights of there career; so they will have to be replaced. 3.) Jackson is on his last year of his deal + he is looking at a 20 million dollar a year type of deal. He'll be 29 next season do we pay him that much as an older player.
4.) Both Ross and Lawson are on the last year of there rookie deals as well.
5.) The offensive line still needs work as well.
If Miami gives you the 18th, 26th, 39th, 56th, 70th, + a 2021 first, + a 2022 first for a swap of the 1st for 5th then that would be a huge deal. Your looking at an additional 7 + starters the next three drafts. That's an incredible deal for the Bengals to turndown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. Burrow beat the #8 team in the country in a bowl game in 2018. Period. The whole “he never did anything before Joe Brady” is just simply not true.

Without a QB that was better than Burrow that year hmm. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:40 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: 1. He wasn't "Good" for one year. He was "good" for 1 year in 2018 with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator and game plan. And, He was "The BEST EVER in College Football HISTORY" under a Pro style New Orleans Saints offense. An offense which Concepts and WR Tree route every NFL team bases their offense off of other than maybe Baltimore.
An offense that is perfectly suited for a Zac Taylor type offense, who runs 11 personnel more than any NFL team in the league last year at a 70% clip. Guess how many 3 and 4 WR sets the LSU offense YD????  A LOT!
If you understood basic football concepts such as this YD, you would never be questioning this draft pick since Burrow's Completion Accuracy was also over 73%, one of the best of all time.

2. He didn't start at OSU b/c in his Sophomore year, he got a fluke injury on his throwing thumb; and JT Barrett won the job and took off running all the way to the National title. OSU also doesn't run a pro style offense, more compatible for a JT Barrett or a Braxton Miller, without a WR tree route which most NFL teams run. Please tell me which OSU QB has succeeded in the NFL recently???

3. Shit is getting tiring debating with guys like you the basic concepts of Pro football, making arguments that hold no bearing whatsoever, with little evidence to show for it. Spitting out basic, generic sentences with no back up evidence whatsoever.

Lastly, even if you were correct that it was a 1 year wonder type of QB. I'd still take my chances with a guy like Burrow. Why?
1. His "One year wonder" theory by you and others was after all in the most ready Pro style league year after year in the SEC.
2. He did it against the best overall teams, winning more Top 20 games than anyone did and beating the best teams from every other league.
3. His list of teams he took down were:  AT ALABAMA (Do you know how hard that is YD)?, Georgia twice, Auburn (Best defense in College), Oklahoma, Clemson
4. He's a Coaches son, and he took every challenge on in regards to learning to the next level.
5. His competitive nature is already in the myths of Aaron Rodgers according to his teammates.
6. His throwing motion, accuracy and leadership qualities are compared to Tom Brady according to football analysts.
7. When you have a hands down Overall CONSENSUS #1 QB such as Burrow is, you can't pass him up if you're drafting #1. If you pass on him, and he goes on to greatness, the Franchise who passed on them would be hammered for years and years to come. It would be devastating even to a floundering franchise like our Bengals.

Please come at us with more evidence than the garbage you and Jmoore are spouting out. It's embarrassing.

So with all what you said.. he was still projected coming into last season 3/4 round range.. and if Tua is not hurt and wins that game..Burrow slides and Tua goes as #1.. hmm slim line 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 05:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So with all what you said.. he was still projected coming into last season 3/4 round range.. and if Tua is not hurt and wins that game..Burrow slides and Tua goes as #1.. hmm slim line 

How much time do you really want to spend arguing what maybe used to be but is no longer?  What exactly is the point?  Does it in any way prove Burrow should not be the pick?  HELL NO.

All we need is a time machine in your scenario.  And for the life of me, I can't understand why you're even making this argument.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Burrow finally gets a season in a proper pro style offensive system and dominates in a historic manner. The previous season he was not in a pro style system and even still posted efficient numbers.

I have to think the direction we went in free agency indicates we will be drafting mostly offensive players.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 06:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow finally gets a season in a proper pro style offensive system and dominates in a historic manner. The previous season he was not in a pro style system and even still posted efficient numbers.

I have to think the direction we went in free agency indicates we will be drafting mostly offensive players.

Time will tell, but he's looking to slide into one of the more deficient NFL offensive systems right off the bat, here.  
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 06:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Time will tell, but he's looking to slide into one of the more deficient NFL offensive systems right off the bat, here.  

New QB. New LT. Star WR back. It should look a hell of a lot different.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: New QB. New LT. Star WR back. It should look a hell of a lot different.

The personnel yes, but ZT is still a huge question mark.  Remember, a  year ago we were hyped to see him resurrect Dalton and Ross and get out offense in the top 10 at least.  Like I said, it's entirely possible we go into 2021 excited as hell to see what Burrow can finally do with a real offensive coach, etc.  We have really been going back and forth on calling out the players OR the coaches when things don't go right.

2020 is setting up to be a sink or swim year for the coaches, just like 2018 was.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have absolutely nothing to lose by keeping the Borrow pick and very little to gain by trading the pick as long as they stay on course, ugrading the oline, upgrading the defense via FA and making the right picks in the draft. For once I like to think that this team is on track to do things right. They still have next years draft and potential FAs to sign and the ability to drop dead weight. 
The only downside I can see happening is the same downside every team is potentially facing of economic collapse, a global depression and loss of fan bases extreme enough to devistate the league as a whole. That's a very real possibility if we do end up with complete economic collapse and if it does occur I don't think football will really matter to enough people to sustain the multi million dollar salaries. 
IF everything is predicated on a global depression with millions of ordinary citizens losing everything there just won't be many people spending enough money to support the multi million dollar salaries. You'll see football players working for peanuts because there just won't be enough people willing to starve their own families to ensure player X gets paid a gazillion bucks. If it comes down to your family eating or Joe Borrow being a Bengal which one are you gonna pick? I'm picking my family first long before any football player..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
At this point, the only reason I would want Tua over Burrow is that his name looks cooler on the back of a jersey. Burrow seems mundane compared to Tagovailoa. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 08:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: At this point, the only reason I would want Tua over Burrow is that his name looks cooler on the back of a jersey. Burrow seems mundane compared to Tagovailoa. Oh well.

I do like guys that wear #13. My current favorite hockey player (Nico Hischier) wears it.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 08:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: At this point, the only reason I would want Tua over Burrow is that his name looks cooler on the back of a jersey. Burrow seems mundane compared to Tagovailoa. Oh well.

Oh yeah?

How does Tua Lettersalad look when it's spelled in French Creole?

Checkmate Mr Tagovailoa. Enjoy your time spent with Brody Croyle and AJ McCarron as SEC Network analysts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 06:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Time will tell, but he's looking to slide into one of the more deficient NFL offensive systems right off the bat, here.  

That is my biggest concern. Yes we got smashed by injuries and yes the OL was crap but we had MAJOR issues in scheme and play calling too. I'm not sure I trust either ZT or Callahan to install a coherent offense and call proper plays. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 08:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: At this point, the only reason I would want Tua over Burrow is that his name looks cooler on the back of a jersey. Burrow seems mundane compared to Tagovailoa. Oh well.

Careful, I can't help but remember that Todd Blackledge had the best jersey name out of that 1983 QB class.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:40 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: 1. He wasn't "Good" for one year. He was "good" for 1 year in 2018 with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator and game plan. And, He was "The BEST EVER in College Football HISTORY" under a Pro style New Orleans Saints offense. An offense which Concepts and WR Tree route every NFL team bases their offense off of other than maybe Baltimore.
An offense that is perfectly suited for a Zac Taylor type offense, who runs 11 personnel more than any NFL team in the league last year at a 70% clip. Guess how many 3 and 4 WR sets the LSU offense YD????  A LOT!
If you understood basic football concepts such as this YD, you would never be questioning this draft pick since Burrow's Completion Accuracy was also over 73%, one of the best of all time.

2. He didn't start at OSU b/c in his Sophomore year, he got a fluke injury on his throwing thumb; and JT Barrett won the job and took off running all the way to the National title. OSU also doesn't run a pro style offense, more compatible for a JT Barrett or a Braxton Miller, without a WR tree route which most NFL teams run. Please tell me which OSU QB has succeeded in the NFL recently???

3. Shit is getting tiring debating with guys like you the basic concepts of Pro football, making arguments that hold no bearing whatsoever, with little evidence to show for it. Spitting out basic, generic sentences with no back up evidence whatsoever.

Lastly, even if you were correct that it was a 1 year wonder type of QB. I'd still take my chances with a guy like Burrow. Why?
1. His "One year wonder" theory by you and others was after all in the most ready Pro style league year after year in the SEC.
2. He did it against the best overall teams, winning more Top 20 games than anyone did and beating the best teams from every other league.
3. His list of teams he took down were:  AT ALABAMA (Do you know how hard that is YD)?, Georgia twice, Auburn (Best defense in College), Oklahoma, Clemson
4. He's a Coaches son, and he took every challenge on in regards to learning to the next level.
5. His competitive nature is already in the myths of Aaron Rodgers according to his teammates.
6. His throwing motion, accuracy and leadership qualities are compared to Tom Brady according to football analysts.
7. When you have a hands down Overall CONSENSUS #1 QB such as Burrow is, you can't pass him up if you're drafting #1. If you pass on him, and he goes on to greatness, the Franchise who passed on them would be hammered for years and years to come. It would be devastating even to a floundering franchise like our Bengals.

Please come at us with more evidence than the garbage you and Jmoore are spouting out. It's embarrassing.

Wow my post clearly sailed over your head.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 06:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The personnel yes, but ZT is still a huge question mark.  Remember, a  year ago we were hyped to see him resurrect Dalton and Ross and get out offense in the top 10 at least.  Like I said, it's entirely possible we go into 2021 excited as hell to see what Burrow can finally do with a real offensive coach, etc.  We have really been going back and forth on calling out the players OR the coaches when things don't go right.

2020 is setting up to be a sink or swim year for the coaches, just like 2018 was.

C'mon, Zac is  a quick learner. I'm sure he realizes he cannot count on John Ross by now....
Reply/Quote