Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals (/Thread-Carlos-speaks-out-about-Racism-and-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - fredtoast - 08-31-2020

(08-28-2020, 06:12 PM)Tony Wrote: I agree. SICK of all the politics in sports...

Funny, but every person I hear say this never had a problem with the playing the national anthem before every game.

Why didn't that act of forced patriotism upset anyone?

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Sled21 - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 20 years there has been a major shift in acceptance.  MANY minds have been changed.

We have had the first Muslims elected to the US Congress.  

I hate to tell you this, but the reason people like Omar have been elected is because their districts were flooded with Muslim refugees from Somalia and other places. Minds weren't changed, demographics were. 

(08-28-2020, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Wow a statement problem solved. Also how is ending police chokeholds going to prevent less deaths all it's going to do is result in more use of cops using their guns. Such a stupid thing to put in a statement.

If people like you were really serious about black lives this is what you would be pushing for.

1st End the Drug war- most murders happen because of gang war fair. Gangs get their money from dugs. End the the selling of illegal drugs by making them legal you end gangs.

2.) End police unions

3.) Require more training for cops and require all cops to have at least 4 years of military/National service. 

4.) School choice

5.) Less taxes and regulations on small businesses
You do realize they can't get anyone to apply now? People are getting hired now who just a few years ago would never make it through the hiring process, simply because no one wants to go through this anymore. The nation is really about to experience what happens when hiring standards are relaxed due to lack of applicants. It has happened before in places like NO, with predictable results of corruption and brutality. Now it is happening nationwide. When I was hired in Lexington in 1986, there were 1100 applicants for 10 positions. Now, they'll have 50 openings they are trying to fill and can't fill a small classroom with applicants wanting to test for the position. Lack of benefits and lack of respect has taken it's toll. And you are now going to try to require military service. Most places have dropped the education requirements already, and have changed their rules on drug usage.

(08-31-2020, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate to tell you this, but the reason people like Omar have been elected is because their districts were flooded with Muslim refugees from Somalia and other places. Minds weren't changed, demographics were. 

What about all the members of the LGBT community that have been elected?

What about the national acceptance of same-sex marriage?

What about Andre Carson in Indiana?  He did not win because of an influx of immigrants.

What about when Republicans tried so hard to paint Barack Obama with the tar brush of Islam and completely failed?

Sorry to inform you, but minds are changing.

(08-31-2020, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about all the members of the LGBT community that have been elected?

What about the national acceptance of same-sex marriage?

That's not what you referenced. You said Muslims. That is what I was responding to.

As far as same sex marriage, I'm not sure that was "change of mind" as much as it was court rulings. But your point is right, that it is not the hot topic button it used to be.

(08-31-2020, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote:
That's not what you referenced
. You said Muslims. That is what I was responding to.

Say what?

(08-31-2020, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 20 years there has been a major shift in acceptance.  MANY minds have been changed.

We have had the first Muslims elected to the US Congress.  We have had multiple members of the LBGT community elected to important positions all across the country. 

(08-31-2020, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As far as same sex marriage, I'm not sure that was "change of mind" as much as it was court rulings.

63% of Americans not support same sex marriage.  20 years ago an overwhelming majority opposed it.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny, but every person I hear say this never had a problem with the playing the national anthem before every game.

Why didn't that act of forced patriotism upset anyone?

No one is forcing you to be patriotic, if you hate this country you are free to leave.

The unabashed hatred of this country is what gets me, if you hate this country, go somewhere else.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Sled21 - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Say what?

Totally glossed over that part. Again, what I was referencing was your assertion about the Muslims elected to Congress. 

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - fredtoast - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one is forcing you to be patriotic, if you hate this country you are free to leave.

The unabashed hatred of this country is what gets me, if you hate this country, go somewhere else.

That is exactly what a certain group of people told the black population in the 1960's when they were fighting for the Civil Rights Act.  

Our current President got elected on a platform that criticized the Unted States and claimed he was the one to fix it.  Why didn't everyone tell him to leave when he criticized America?  

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - fredtoast - 09-01-2020

(09-01-2020, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Totally glossed over that part. Again, what I was referencing was your assertion about the Muslims elected to Congress. 

Then what about Andre Carson in Indiana?  I can't find anything about him being elected by recent immigrants.

It looks like "Freedom of Religion" is finally starting to apply to someone other than Christians now.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - CrowFoot - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No one is forcing you to be patriotic, if you hate this country you are free to leave.

Do you support every law and politician in this country? Between 2008 - 2016, did you never express any sort of criticism of the left when they were control? Do you never express criticism of the House today, whose leadership is held by the left? Have your family and friends never been critical of the left when they were in power... and did you tell them to leave the country?

What is it that makes people think they are the gatekeepers of who should be allowed to stay, who should be allowed to dissent, which kinds of dissent are okay, and which kinds somehow really means the person holds unabashed hate for their country?

(09-01-2020, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then what about Andre Carson in Indiana?  I can't find anything about him being elected by recent immigrants.

It looks like "Freedom of Religion" is finally starting to apply to someone other than Christians now.

Took over for his dead Grandma. But you are right Fred, they are electing Muslims to Congress all over the USA (all 3 of them). Happy?

(09-01-2020, 09:05 AM)CrowFoot Wrote: What is it that makes people think they are the gatekeepers of who should be allowed to stay, who should be allowed to dissent, which kinds of dissent are okay, and which kinds somehow really means the person holds unabashed hate for their country?

Dissent is ok until it affects other people's rights and property. Then is becomes criminal. It is as simple as that.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-02-2020

(09-01-2020, 08:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what a certain group of people told the black population in the 1960's when they were fighting for the Civil Rights Act.  

Our current President got elected on a platform that criticized the Unted States and claimed he was the one to fix it.  Why didn't everyone tell him to leave when he criticized America?  

Well those certain people were shitheads. The black population didn't hate America, they hated the racism.

Trump was criticizing Obama and the way he was running this country into the ground. He loves this country which is why he 
doesn't like the kneeling going on like a lot of people who love this country.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-02-2020

(09-01-2020, 09:05 AM)CrowFoot Wrote: Do you support every law and politician in this country? Between 2008 - 2016, did you never express any sort of criticism of the left when they were control? Do you never express criticism of the House today, whose leadership is held by the left? Have your family and friends never been critical of the left when they were in power... and did you tell them to leave the country?

What is it that makes people think they are the gatekeepers of who should be allowed to stay, who should be allowed to dissent, which kinds of dissent are okay, and which kinds somehow really means the person holds unabashed hate for their country?

What a bunch of loaded questions. Of course I don't support every law and politician, I wish they would get out of the way and let
the people run their businesses without so much taxation and regulation. I still remember people like Alec Baldwin saying he would
leave this country if George W got elected, guess what...

He is still here and still being a doosh.

I believe this is the best country ever and I fly the Red, White and Blue proudly. Doubt many leftists do, as a matter of fact some like
to burn the flag, think this says a lot.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Go Cards - 09-03-2020

I hate nobody and understand there are problems in this world.

But if forced to digest politics on my only escape from the world for a mere 3 hours, 10 times a year.

Will be saving thousands a year in ticket money and will spend it camping, fishing, and hunting instead.

Chose to sit out this season with an option to return next already per my seats being used for sponsor banners. Will watch and see how they roll before making the call though.
Yet obviously after being season ticket holder for 29 years with front row seats almost on the Bengals bench, I want to continue.

But promise I will not if it is political. Do that the other 6 days a week and have no desire for it to invade my R&R time.

Yet Im all for equality

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I hate nobody and understand there are problems in this world.

But if forced to digest politics on my only escape from the world for a mere 3 hours, 10 times a year.

Will be saving thousands a year in ticket money and will spend it camping, fishing, and hunting instead.

Chose to sit out this season with an option to return next already per my seats being used for sponsor banners. Will watch and see how they roll before making the call though.
Yet obviously after being season ticket holder for 29 years with front row seats almost on the Bengals bench, I want to continue.

But promise I will not if it is political. Do that the other 6 days a week and have no desire for it to invade my R&R time.

Yet Im all for equality

Here here brother. Rock On

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - fredtoast - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 12:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe this is the best country ever and I fly the Red, White and Blue proudly. Doubt many leftists do, as a matter of fact some like
to burn the flag, think this says a lot.

So when women protested for the right to vote did that mean they hated America?

How about when minorities protested fo the Civil Rights Act?  Were they "hating America"?

When Rush Limbaugh said he would leave the country if we passed the Affordable Care Act did that mean he hated America?

When Donald Trump campaigned on the fact that America was messed up and he was the only one that could fix it did that mean he hated America?

I don't think you really understand what it means to love America.  All you love is "Republican America" and that is not the whole country.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Sled21 - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when women protested for the right to vote did that mean they hated America?

How about when minorities protested fo the Civil Rights Act?  Were they "hating America"?

When Rush Limbaugh said he would leave the country if we passed the Affordable Care Act did that mean he hated America?

When Donald Trump campaigned on the fact that America was messed up and he was the only one that could fix it did that mean he hated America?

I don't think you really understand what it means to love America.  All you love is "Republican America" and that is not the whole country.

None of those people protested during the National Anthem, which is a time to show your love for the country. By persisting to "protest" during this time, they can say they are not denigrating the military and the country all they want, but their actions speak louder. They can protest at any other time, before or after, but they insist on doing it during the playing of the anthem. Many people see it for what it is, a slap at our nation. Simple as that.

RE: Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when women protested for the right to vote did that mean they hated America?

I don't think you really understand that burning the American flag has nothing to do with not liking what is going on.

This is a free country and we want to keep it that way but burning the flag is nothing but hate.

BTW, I just love America. If Democrats actually had some good policy instead of trying to run the country into the ground I would vote for one of them but none of them do, not anymore. Loved JFK.

(09-03-2020, 02:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: None of those people protested during the National Anthem, which is a time to show your love for the country. By persisting to "protest" during this time, they can say they are not denigrating the military and the country all they want, but their actions speak louder. They can protest at any other time, before or after, but they insist on doing it during the playing of the anthem. Many people see it for what it is, a slap at our nation. Simple as that.

Spot on Sled. Rock On