Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha (/Thread-Jackson-Carmen-hahahahaha)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - bengaloo - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 11:47 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Jenkins also had a lower back injury last year before opting opt.

Carman played very well for a guy with a herniated disc in his back. Imagine him 100% healthy. I was surprised to see how well he can move. He gets out in space and lays down some nice blocks. Looks very athletic for such a big guy. 

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - AtomicBlaze - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 11:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not a “fabrication.” He had surgery in January for a herniated disc. It’s really nowhere near as big of a deal as some here are making it. I mean, half the board was banging the drum for a OT that not only has hip issues, but possibly more...

I would be fine with the pick if he didn't have a herniated disc,  it is a big deal because back injuries linger and are easy to reaggravate.  It will effect his core strength because he won't be able train properly for at least a year.  I wouldn't even want Sewell if he had the same injury.

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Nicomo Cosca - 05-01-2021

He was cleared to train after 6 weeks. “A year” is absolute misinformation.

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-01-2021

Draft grade drops to C- for me.

(05-01-2021, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was cleared to train after 6 weeks. “A year” is absolute misinformation.

Ok we will see.  Does training include heavy lifts like squats?  I doubt it.

(04-30-2021, 10:13 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: We drafted him because he worked out with both Paul Alexander and Willie Anderson. Both gave the Bengals high grades on him. Tee Higgins also loved him.

He's a Cincinnati kid. So the Bengals probably knew more about him than anyone.

The Bengals felt very comfortable with him and that's why they selected him.

Oh ****....Piano Man? Now I'm worried more. I guess dude is good with a ketchup bottle.

Man does the ketchup bottle thing need to go away already. It was funny for the first 200 times...

Knocking the guy for playing the piano was always equally as ridiculous. Bash him for picking Ogbuehi and Fisher, not silly shit like that other stuff.

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Bengalholic - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh ****....Piano Man? Now I'm worried more. I guess dude is good with a ketchup bottle.

Duke Manyweather:

'They don’t come any tougher than Jax! He played through injuries last year he really shouldn’t have and still made an impact!

'Bengals got a physical one.'

Don't know about you, but Manyweather's opinion carries a ton of weight, in my opinion.

(05-01-2021, 01:54 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up man, seems to be a bit of speculation on if he had a herniated disc or not.

Knee injuries and ACL injuries are a bit more concerning to me than a speculative herniated disc.

Coming from a guy that has herniated discs.... you're never the same, and flare ups can be almost crippling. If that's legit, this is a VERY risky gamble. Trust me.

(05-01-2021, 12:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Duke Manyweather:

'They don’t come any tougher than Jax! He played through injuries last year he really shouldn’t have and still made an impact!'

Between Duke, Willie, and yes - - Alexander, this kid has all the top guys in the business behind him.

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Amalone002 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Coming from a guy that has herniated discs.... you're never the same, and flare ups can be almost crippling. If that's legit, this is a VERY risky gamble. Trust me.

Depends on the person, not all are the same.  Looks like he played fine after it. 
I have had it but still work out like crazy,  do cross fit etc with no issues. For most it's not bad,  so still would take that over ACLs and hip Issues.

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Coming from a guy that has herniated discs.... you're never the same, and flare ups can be almost crippling. If that's legit, this is a VERY risky gamble. Trust me.

Yep I have recovered from one also, I agree.

(05-01-2021, 12:21 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Depends on the person, not all are the same.  Looks like he played fine after it. 
I have had it but still work out like crazy,  do cross fit etc with no issues. For most it's not bad,  so still would take that over ACLs and hip Issues.

Mine got so bad once, my back got so crooked to compensate that one of my hips actually became a bit separated. Two winters ago, I had to use crutches to keep weight off my lumbar. I ice them, and after a few days of ice, the swelling goes down enough to get back up. I have constant lower back pain though....just push through. Disclosure, I did have three lumbars get compression fractures at 17 in a car wreck too. I'm sure that plays a part now as well. In my case.... obviously not a pro athlete...they can be minor flares, or downright debilitating.

(05-01-2021, 12:22 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Yep I have recovered from one also, I agree.

If you try to push through it, it can make it even worse. That's where I screwed up the first time it happened. I thought I had pulled a muscle....until I got bent into a S and dislodged my hip...lol.

(05-01-2021, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man does the ketchup bottle thing need to go away already. It was funny for the first 200 times...

Knocking the guy for playing the piano was always equally as ridiculous. Bash him for picking Ogbuehi and Fisher, not silly shit like that other stuff.

Jesus, it's a joke. Lighten up Francis. LOL

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Duke Manyweather:

'They don’t come any tougher than Jax! He played through injuries last year he really shouldn’t have and still made an impact!

'Bengals got a physical one.'

Don't know about you, but Manyweather's opinion carries a ton of weight, in my opinion.

Not really concerned with his skills. I don't like drafting guys to play offensive line with back issues. Think of the collisions every play. Then you use the core to push....I didn't make it past high school playing, but guard is where I played. Now I'm an old man with back trouble... thinking back, this injury would be tough to push through if it becomes a recurring problem. Herniated discs can be a nagging pain, or they can flare and cause real problems. I guess the idea of trading back and taking a guy with an injury deal when there were higher rated healthy guys there with our original pick at 38 concerns me a bit.

Since we can't pick on our "esteemed" past OL coach I'll just remind everyone how vehemently he supported Russell Bodine, and pounded the table to draft maybe the worst LT I've ever seen and a reach on a RT with a heart issue in the 2nd. Those two moves are EXACTLY why this team is in the mess it's in now up front. He gets no pass from me, and IDGAF what he thinks. Apparently Jerry Jones didn't like his input either. Only Son of Paul....but I digress. I do take notice of what Willie and some other guys have to say, as well as the detractors. 

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - JerseyDD09 - 05-01-2021

C'mon guys, forget the people in the field who do this for a living and do deep dives and work these guys out, and who coached them such as Dabo, Manyweather, Schwartz, Big Willie, Alexander, Pollock, Duke, Calahan, Taylor,.. etc, etc..
All of them have no clue what the hell they are doing even though they've spent months, weeks, days and hours researching and debating every OL in this class.
INSTEAD, I'd rather take the words of such football OL gurus as SANFORBD, SADFACEBENGAL15, BOOMERFAN, ATOMICBLAZE, and EMERITUS!!!
Now those draft evaluators, they're the end all with all the research and deep dives they've done on Jackson Carmen and all the other OL in this draft.
If they say the Bengals are FU##$% now, I guess it's true right?!
LMFAOROTFF!!

RE: Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - Bengalholic - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not really concerned with his skills. I don't like drafting guys to play offensive line with back issues. Think of the collisions every play. Then you use the core to push....I didn't make it past high school playing, but guard is where I played. Now I'm an old man with back trouble... thinking back, this injury would be tough to push through if it becomes a recurring problem. Herniated discs can be a nagging pain, or they can flare and cause real problems. I guess the idea of trading back and taking a guy with an injury deal when there were higher rated healthy guys there with our original pick at 38 concerns me a bit.

Since we can't pick on our "esteemed" past OL coach I'll just remind everyone how vehemently he supported Russell Bodine, and pounded the table to draft maybe the worst LT I've ever seen and a reach on a RT with a heart issue in the 2nd. Those two moves are EXACTLY why this team is in the mess it's in now up front. He gets no pass from me, and IDGAF what he thinks. Apparently Jerry Jones didn't like his input either. Only Son of Paul....but I digress. I do take notice of what Willie and some other guys have to say, as well as the detractors. 

Yeah, there's some risk involved, but he worked out in front of 18 teams and was fully cleared medically, so I think when you consider the talent and the upside, I feel like that outweighs the risk, especially when you consider how while he played with the herniated disc. 

As for Alexander, I've never really cared what he had to say about anything.  Smirk

Jackson Carmen hahahahaha - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2021

(05-01-2021, 10:36 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Some folks obviously do not have the ability to apply objectivity to the draft. Let's recap.

I believe in building from the trenches out. However, there was a single consensus #1 caliber WR in this draft, a need we had, and we got that player. Not sure how you dislike that selection.

The best thing that could have happened to this O line was to bring Frank Pollack back and to can Turner. Check. For those who would like to refute that I would suggest researching the individual rankings of our existing players under each coach.

The Bengals made a major upgrade at RT by cutting Hart and bringing in Reiff. While Reiff is a one year deal that does not mean they do not work out a longer deal. He is only 32 and Whit is still playing at 39.

Williams and Reiff are pretty much locked as the opening day OTs so drafting at this point is for immediate OG help and future OT help.

Jackson Carmen was a really good selection. We got the guy that Pollack liked at 38 and added selections in the 4th while doing that. Carmen will more than likely open the season as a major upgrade at one of the OG spots (probably LG). While he will not play LT in the NFL, other than emergency, I do believe he offers the option of being a high caliber long time option at RT because of his natural strength, bend, and crazy athleticism. They could also choose to leave him at OG where if that is the case he offers a long term high caliber option.

They could still add an OT such as James Hudson or Jaylon Moore to name a couple who could offer real upside at future RT or in the case of Hudson LT or RT.

While some may disagree I think the jury is still out of Fred Johnson which is why I really like having Pollack back. I think Johnson holds promise at OT, especially on the right side.

Post of the day! Agree with every point you made here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(05-01-2021, 12:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, there's some risk involved, but he worked out in front of 18 teams and was fully cleared medically, so I think when you consider the talent and the upside, I feel like that outweighs the risk, especially when you consider how while he played with the herniated disc. 

As for Alexander, I've never really cared what he had to say about anything.  Smirk

That's reassuring, and the minimal tape on him I've watched looks good. He dominated our edge guys, but who hasn't the last few years...lol. I've seen him play quite a bit, but never really paid a lot of attention to him. That's a good thing when you're talking LT. 

As I said, I don't think it's a questionable pick based on talent, but I do have some reservations based on health. I hope he stays healthy, hasn't worked out for us at LT so far.....we need him to stay healthy too.

(05-01-2021, 12:47 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: C'mon guys, forget the people in the field who do this for a living and do deep dives and work these guys out, and who coached them such as Dabo, Manyweather, Schwartz, Big Willie, Alexander, Pollock, Duke, Calahan, Taylor,.. etc, etc..
All of them have no clue what the hell they are doing even though they've spent months, weeks, days and hours researching and debating every OL in this class.
INSTEAD, I'd rather take the words of such football OL gurus as SANFORBD, SADFACEBENGAL15, BOOMERFAN, ATOMICBLAZE, and EMERITUS!!!
Now those draft evaluators, they're the end all with all the research and deep dives they've done on Jackson Carmen and all the other OL in this draft.
If they say the Bengals are FU##$% now, I guess it's true right?!
LMFAOROTFF!!

I am not sure why you have so much faith in the Bengals organization but good luck with that.  I have been a diehard Bengals fan for 40 years I have gradually lost faith over the years.  I don't ever trust that they know what they are doing.  These are the same people that told us our offensive line would be fine last year.