Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Players are turning on Zac finally - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Players are turning on Zac finally (/Thread-Players-are-turning-on-Zac-finally)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Tony - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're also gonna go with you're unsure what taking the blame means

When did Zac ever say I take the blame for this loss anytime? I have however seen him pass the buck to other coaches. 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - THE PISTONS - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:45 PM)Tony Wrote: When did Zac ever say I take the blame for this loss anytime? I have however seen him pass the buck to other coaches. 

He kind of says that he has to be better sometimes.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - bfine32 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:45 PM)Tony Wrote: When did Zac ever say I take the blame for this loss anytime? I have however seen him pass the buck to other coaches. 
After the Steeler game

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/09/12/bengals-game-management-vs-steelers-zac-taylor-explains-decisions/69487960007/

Quote:Obviously, just letting the play settle on the 1-yard line to Ja’Marr and letting that be a touchdown as opposed to getting no points in four plays,” Taylor said. “That’s one you want back. That one just falls on me, to be quite honest with you.”

I could provide numerous more, but why bother

(10-10-2022, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: After the Steeler game

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/09/12/bengals-game-management-vs-steelers-zac-taylor-explains-decisions/69487960007/

I could provide numerous more, but why bother

I agree. He does say it quite a bit.

(10-10-2022, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree. He does say it quite a bit.

That's even worst lol.. Well at least he admits he sucks..

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Nately120 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He kind of says that he has to be better sometimes.

That just shows what a dolt he is.  A HC who has another 3+ years on a Mike Brown contract doesn't have to be better, at least not any time soon.

(10-10-2022, 10:55 PM)Tony Wrote: That's even worst lol.. Well at least he admits he sucks..

The worst part is they don't seem to learn from mistakes. Tampa 2 has been around for decades. It's not that hard to attack.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - sandwedge - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:42 PM)Tony Wrote: I just think, I and a lot of other people know Zac sucks, you would think the players deffinetly know.. You gotta read between the lines a little bit. They aren't just gonna come out and say he sucks. You can tell Jamaar and others haven't been happy with him all year though..

Seriously??  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

(10-10-2022, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That just shows what a dolt he is.  A HC who has another 3+ years on a Mike Brown contract doesn't have to be better, at least not any time soon.

Marvin got it. He just clapped and said Let's go. Then, he kept signing that extension.

Taylor messes up and set the bar too high. A close loss to the Raiders and a We'll get them next year probably got him a 4 year extension.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Nepa - 10-10-2022

Now, if you want to talk about a player complaining about a coach's decision, you might to check Keenan Allen tweeting a complaint about Los Angeles Chargers coach Brandon Staley: "WTF are you doing?" Now, that is an open complaint. You don't see that with the players and Zac. I think Zac is both liked and respected. You didn't see the kinds of angry outbursts on the sidelines that you see on some teams. Even when Collins got reamed out by Taylor for a blown assignment, you didn't see any blowback.

(10-10-2022, 11:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Now, if you want to talk about a player complaining about a coach's decision, you might to check Keenan Allen tweeting a complaint about  Los Angeles Chargers coach Brandon Staley: "WTF are you doing?"  Now, that is an open complaint. You don't see that with the players and Zac. I think Zac is both liked and respected. You didn't see the kinds of angry outbursts on the sidelines that you see on some teams. Even when Collins got reamed out by Taylor for a blown assignment, you didn't see any blowback.

There was that expose a couple years ago that basically called some of the staff inept and toxic...

And Dunlap basically had issues...

And Cordy Glenn basically quit playing...

But if we look past that...yeah nothing like Allen.

(10-10-2022, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The worst part is they don't seem to learn from mistakes. Tampa 2 has been around for decades. It's not that hard to attack.

That's what I don't understand... The bucs started it in the late 90s. It's not some new innovative defense.. Zac really is a bad as we think...

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - bfine32 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 11:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: Now, if you want to talk about a player complaining about a coach's decision, you might to check Keenan Allen tweeting a complaint about  Los Angeles Chargers coach Brandon Staley: "WTF are you doing?"  Now, that is an open complaint. You don't see that with the players and Zac. I think Zac is both liked and respected. You didn't see the kinds of angry outbursts on the sidelines that you see on some teams. Even when Collins got reamed out by Taylor for a blown assignment, you didn't see any blowback.

Most adults understand that a team coming off a Super Bowl appearance is not "turning on" their coaches. There are numerous examples of the players loving Zac.

The team from top to bottom is frustrated they're not 5-0 but it seems they realize the season is young and they're right there.

Zac makes mistakes, Joe makes mistakes. every player and coach on the team makes mistakes, but we're a contender and just 3 last-second plays from being that 5-0 everyone wants. Well not those who decided about 2 years ago they didn't like Zac. but you get the point. 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-10-2022

Nobody is turning against Zac Taylor. There may be questions about his play calling — we hear hints of this from Joe Mixon and Ja’Marr Chase in press conferences — but the players love the atmosphere Zac brings to the locker room.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - sandwedge - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 11:12 PM)Tony Wrote: That's what I don't understand... The bucs started it in the late 90s. It's not some new innovative defense.. Zac really is a bad as we think...

So explain the Tampa 2 and how you would exploit it?  Without googling it....

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Go Cards - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can that camp exist? Isn't a HC job to get good coordinators and kind of oversee things? Yes and yes but he was strapped with trying to hire coordinators to come to the Bengals with no real track record of success or good FO management. Credit Zac personally for changing the culture of the FO too

Wasn't he hired because of his offensive mind? I really never seen a track record of this being true, had he been the OC of the Rams then yes, but obviously he was viewed as a potentially up and coming offensive guru. But no he was not prior to arrival and the Bengals were the first team to even offer him a HC gig.   

Don't HCs come up with gameplan and in game strategy? Our 1st quarters are terrible. We're like 2-26 or something trailing going into the 4th quarter. True but I witnessed some amazing adjustments last year after the first quarter and once again took team to SB when not even Homers were not predicting to happen with a sieve for an O-line.

What great HC qualities does he have? Took his team to the SB in only his 3rd year as HC and seemed to have the respect of the players the entire way even when fans were lighting their torches at the 3/4 pole. With a 2nd year QB and a rookie #1 WR, kicker, and possibly the worst NFL O-line in history even. People can say this was done in spite of Zac on player talent alone but that talent has not showed up this season when the Bengals have had every chance to be 5-0 in spite of Zac.

Now my problem with him is he wants to gamble way too much in lieu of taking the points he has earned when available and tries to get too cute with lengthy plays more often the required. Yet he is a young coach and can still adapt to this and change.

Everybody talks about Joe leaving, but that's not happening.

But if I'm Evan McPhearson ? Would be taking the first train out of Cincy knowing he has shackles put on his leg and stats by Zac going for it so often. Once again he is young and may adjust. 

Think Zac has just put too much on his plate at once while he is still in a learning curve from QB coach to HC and should alleviate some of that by removing the play calling and focusing on the entire picture of managing.  

You can ostracize him and call for his head but I believe what you learn and how you react through adversity will tell what kind of leader one is and am willing to see what he does through this adversity. Does he become a beacon amidst a wrath or keep sinking ?
He is only 5 games removed from a SB and he has not done well so far, yet neither have the players. I blame them all and that includes Zac but not giving up the race when not even a third has been run this year, no matter how frustrating it has been to witness so far.   

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Nicomo Cosca - 10-11-2022

I know Chase has shown some frustration with the snatching of mouthpieces and all, but this is what a coach losing control of his locker room really looks like…

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Go Cards - 10-11-2022

Oh and I think he is foolishly enamored with analytics like many fans seem to be as well.

Yet despite my gripes, I do believe he is a good HC and may become a great one one day.

But the book is still being written and only time will unveil the truth.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - bfine32 - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:55 PM)Tony Wrote: That's even worst lol.. Well at least he admits he sucks..

It's responses like this that let people understand you're irrational when it comes to discussing the HC.

Irrational Person: "I hate Zac because he never admits he's wrong"

Rational response: "Here's a recent example of Zac taking the blame, which he does quite often"

Irrational person: "LOL, that's worse"

Even you can see how that stance is irrational. 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - bfine32 - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know Chase has shown some frustration with the snatching of mouthpieces and all, but this is what a coach losing control of his locker room really looks like…

Davante apologized for "bumping into him".