Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What would you like to happen? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What would you like to happen? (/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:40 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Trying to get away from all the bad news about last night... What would you like to happen with the game against the Bills? Personally I hope they play tonight, and have both the Bills and Bengals play next monday night against their opponents. I really don't know what else they can do, other than make the game a tie (which, obviously wouldn't be good for the Bengals).

I just heard J24 say that we should just postpone the game till next Sunday and give the NFL a bye week. I like that idea a lot.

That would make it so neither us, nor the Bills are affected in a negative way same with the entire NFL.

RE: What would you like to happen? - CJD - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 02:48 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I guess the thing is that I don't consider it brutality or insensitivity.  

Per my example of a coworker, I find it reasonable to get the rest of the day and maybe the next.

Maybe there is something wrong with me.  I could have finished the game in that situation, and I am not trying to sound "cool" or "strong".  It's just the way God created me.  Shit happens and you move forward.  I've been that way my whole life.

I don't think you create a complete upheaval in week 18 and through the playoffs because one player out of 32 teams was seriously injured.  Just my (i'm sure very unpopular) take.  I do apologize for seeming insensitive, it's not my intention.  I'd rather post honestly than lie about how I feel.

I think we've been kind of conditioned to expect nothing from employers so that we're not surprised when we're given nothing or very little. I agree with you that 1 to 2 days is likely all people will get if there was a death on site, but that doesn't mean it's correct. I work for an engineering and construction firm and, while we haven't had any deaths in a long time, there was an incident in 2005 where an explosion killed 15 people, 11 of whom worked for my company. I didn't work there at the time, but it is still used today as an example of a failure on the company's part and it causes systemic changes to the way we worked on site. There is no official report of what the surviving team members had to do in terms of work following the incident, but one co-worker who was around at the time (since retired) said they were offered free therapy sessions and paid time off. He didn't mention how much. I hope it was more than a day or two but, honestly, you never know.

That's obviously on a different scale to this, but I think there's a certain amount of trauma that people go through that can't be dispelled in a day or two. You can force employees back to work after a day or two, but you can't force them to be productive and I think that would essentially be what we'd see here. If the Bills were compelled to play or forfeit, they'd be in a lose - lose scenario and, if they played and were obviously not "in the game" the criticism of the NFL would only increase. Not to mention the Bengals would be caught in the crossfire, which we wouldn't want.

The NFL is all about publicity and public image, and I'm not sure they'd want to take on that backlash.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: On the flip side, the Bengals are then "gifted" the #2 seed and are perceived as a beneficiary in this tragedy.  You'd be good with those optics?

It's like someone said in another thread, if the Bengals make a deep run in the playoffs (hell, if they make and win a Super Bowl), you're always going to have people wanting to put an asterisk next to it.  From now to the end of time.  If that's something you'd be at peace with, all the power to you.  But this team has worked too hard to have any accomplishment diminished by semantics.  

I am ok with it based on what I saw.  I know it's a small sample size, but what I saw I have never seen before in a Bengals team.  I truly believe they were going to destroy the Bills.

I get it.  It was a bad situation and I would feel differently if he had literally died on the field.  As in put the sheet on his head its over.  The facts are that he is still alive and in a best case scenario will make a full recovery.  

Seems to me the Bills will have the * if they hand them the #2 when it looked like the Bengals might thrash them.

(01-03-2023, 03:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am ok with it based on what I saw.  I know it's a small sample size, but what I saw I have never seen before in a Bengals team.  I truly believe they were going to destroy the Bills.

I get it.  It was a bad situation and I would feel differently if he had literally died on the field.  As in put the sheet on his head its over.  The facts are that he is still alive and in a best case scenario will make a full recovery.  

Seems to me the Bills will have the * if they hand them the #2 when it looked like the Bengals might thrash them.

Sure looked like we were on a roll. Agree, I think we were going to destroy them, they clearly don't match up well with us.

RE: What would you like to happen? - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am ok with it based on what I saw.  I know it's a small sample size, but what I saw I have never seen before in a Bengals team.  I truly believe they were going to destroy the Bills.

Happy as I am with how we started that game, we literally have to go back as little as 8 days to see that how you start a game can mean almost nothing.

Maybe the Bengals go on in that game and drop 50 on the Bills... Burrow could've thrown a tipped INT the next play.... we could've been shut out the 2nd half... the Bills could've adapted to what we were doing. Nobody knows. 

As NFL fans love to say; Any Given Sunday... means anything can happen in any game. Extends to any play too. Starting well and being 7-3 up means next to nothing in terms of predicting how that game would've gone. It's very difficult legislating for 'who would've won that game' based on less than 10 minutes of football.

If the Bills would've been 7-3 up and driving, we wouldn't have been happy with the NFL just declaring the win for them.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Cincybearcatfan - 01-03-2023

From NFL

(01-03-2023, 03:27 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Happy as I am with how we started that game, we literally have to go back as little as 8 days to see that how you start a game can mean almost nothing.

Maybe the Bengals go on in that game and drop 50 on the Bills... Burrow could've thrown a tipped INT the next play.... we could've been shut out the 2nd half... the Bills could've adapted to what we were doing. Nobody knows. 

As NFL fans love to say; Any Given Sunday... means anything can happen in any game. Extends to any play too. Starting well and being 7-3 up means next to nothing in terms of predicting how that game would've gone. It's very difficult legislating for 'who would've won that game' based on less than 10 minutes of football.

If the Bills would've been 7-3 up and driving, we wouldn't have been happy with the NFL just declaring the win for them.

All true, still, the way Burrow was throwing the ball, the way Boyd, Tee, Mixon and Chase were playing etc.

It looked like when we were playing the Chiefs the last time we played them early and we all know how that ended up.

Plus when we get a lead we win almost every single time.

RE: What would you like to happen? - KillerGoose - 01-03-2023

So, looks like we won't play until next Sunday at the earliest.

RE: What would you like to happen? - bengaloo - 01-03-2023

NFL just said the game will not be resumed "this week".... still open ended

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:27 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Happy as I am with how we started that game, we literally have to go back as little as 8 days to see that how you start a game can mean almost nothing.

Oh I completely agree and if the game were reversed I wouldn't want the win.  That would feel icky.

You could reference the Colts/Vikings game also.

I honestly think my OCD mind can process someone getting a win and someone getting a loss much easier than a tie or a no contest. Even it it means an *.  It keeps everything "normal" and I am a creature of regiment and habit.  lol.

(01-03-2023, 03:34 PM)bengaloo Wrote: NFL just said the game will not be resumed "this week".... still open ended

If they just skip the game, I will be angry. Don't get that at all, this game is huge in Playoff implications.

RE: What would you like to happen? - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, still, the way Burrow was throwing the ball, the way Boyd, Tee, Mixon and Chase were playing etc.

It looked like when we were playing the Chiefs the last time we played them early and we all know how that ended up.

Plus when we get a lead we win almost every single time.

We can be confident of how we were playing.... but again, would you have called that game for the Bills has they been 7-3 up and driving? 

In any case this'll be a moot point, there's little chance the NFL uses the score alone to determine the result in this one.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Science Friction - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If they just skip the game, I will be angry. Don't get that at all, this game is huge in Playoff implications.

I will be more than angry. It will be my last NFL game.

(01-03-2023, 03:37 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We can be confident of how we were playing.... but again, would you have called that game for the Bills has they been 7-3 up and driving? 

In any case this'll be a moot point, there's little chance the NFL uses the score alone to determine the result in this one.

Nah, couldn't call it either way but you definitely don't call it a tie and you definitely don't just skip the game entirely like it 
looks like they are going to do. This is bogus if that is what they are doing, this was the biggest game of the season so far.

(01-03-2023, 03:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I will be more than angry. It will be my last NFL game.

Would be beyond stupid.

RE: What would you like to happen? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-03-2023

They could replay this game this week and push the Bengals/Bills games to an extra week after. Or have them play their regular games and schedule this game for that extra week. Only thing is what that would mean as far as pushing the playoff schedule around.

What happens if the Bills decide they can't play Sunday against NE?

(01-03-2023, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be beyond stupid.

Totally with you, Nate.

RE: What would you like to happen? - samhain - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: They could replay this game this week and push the Bengals/Bills games to an extra week after. Or have them play their regular games and schedule this game for that extra week. Only thing is what that would mean as far as pushing the playoff schedule around.

What do the Patriots and Ravens do in that case?