Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon contract restructure finalizing (/Thread-Mixon-contract-restructure-finalizing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - ochocincos - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, many around here were pissed when we took Zac Carter over Winfrey.

Pulling a gun on a woman was it? Must be a class in OU

I liked both, but I thought Winfrey was more ready to contribute earlier compared to Carter. Carter was more of a tweener coming out of college. Whatever team that was going to pick him needed to have a plan for where to play him initially.
Carter definitely needed a season to adapt and grow. He was 282 lbs at the Combine, now up to 290 lbs.
I'm hoping/expecting he'll get a few sacks this season as he gets more playing time.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Soonerpeace - 07-20-2023

Winfrey I knew must be a bad Apple. He turned on the Riley/Grinch staff and was provocative on twitter. Later we learned he was late to meetings all the time. It got out and effected his draft stock. He was a juco and they are hit and Miss. I was not in favor of drafting him on here.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 01:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I liked both, but I thought Winfrey was more ready to contribute earlier compared to Carter. Carter was more of a tweener coming out of college. Whatever team that was going to pick him needed to have a plan for where to play him initially.
Carter definitely needed a season to adapt and grow. He was 282 lbs at the Combine, now up to 290 lbs.
I'm hoping/expecting he'll get a few sacks this season as he gets more playing time.

Also wanted Perrion Winfrey and thought as a pass rusher he would of contributed earlier. He was a pretty bad run stopper at OU tho.

Carter on the other hand was pretty good at stopping the run last year which surprised me with him being undersized.

Thought Carter was up to 300 pounds? Said he gained 20 pounds of muscle in the Offseason in the article I read.

(07-20-2023, 01:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Winfrey I knew must be a bad Apple. He turned on the Riley/Grinch staff and was provocative on twitter. Later we learned he was late to meetings all the time. It got out and effected his draft stock. He was a juco and they are hit and Miss. I was not in favor of drafting him on here.

Definitely understand why we didn't Draft Winfrey then, that shit don't fly round here.

(07-20-2023, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also wanted Perrion Winfrey and thought as a pass rusher he would of contributed earlier. He was a pretty bad run stopper at OU tho.

Carter on the other hand was pretty good at stopping the run last year which surprised me with him being undersized.

Thought Carter was up to 300 pounds? Said he gained 20 pounds of muscle in the Offseason in the article I read.

Definitely understand why we didn't Draft Winfrey then, that shit don't fly round here.

Maybe bengals.com didn't update their weights yet, but that site lists 290 lbs. If not, may not come until TC starts.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Synric - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe bengals.com didn't update their weights yet, but that site lists 290 lbs. If not, may not come until TC starts.

It was something I was waiting on to hear this off-season because it was one of the minor very important things.

Zach Carter said he put on 20 pounds of good weight and was around 310.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/

(07-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: It was something I was waiting on to hear this off-season because it was one of the minor very important things.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/20/bengals-zach-carter-added-20-pounds-muscle-2nd-season/

300+ is preferred, for me at least.
If he's really around 310, that's great.
I think he was playing a little too light last year, but you can only make so much progress in one offseason.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 01:54 PM)Synric Wrote: It was something I was waiting on to hear this off-season because it was one of the minor very important things.

Yes, this was the article thanks Synric. Man, if Carter, BJ Hill or the UDFA in Maxwell can get push in the interior on passing 
downs look out. We have been missing this since Geno was around and healthy.

(07-20-2023, 01:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 300+ is preferred, for me at least.
If he's really around 310, that's great.
I think he was playing a little too light last year, but you can only make so much progress in one offseason.

True, that is a lot of muscle to put on in one Offseason. Sure shows Carter is putting in the hard work at the very least.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 12:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LOL just curious where was he placing them then? Trying to think lol

His holster?

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this was the article thanks Synric. Man, if Carter, BJ Hill or the UDFA in Maxwell can get push in the interior on passing 
downs look out. We have been missing this since Geno was around and healthy.

True, that is a lot of muscle to put on in one Offseason. Sure shows Carter is putting in the hard work at the very least.

Reader gets good push, he just doesn't get home much. 

(07-20-2023, 02:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: His holster?

Good one lol

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Go Cards - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 12:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LOL just curious where was he placing them then? Trying to think lol

They say pictures are worth a thousand words and rfaulk has supplied you some examples. Look this was not my revelation but it was a storyline momentarily early on and discussed on this board which is where I read it. He quit doing it and played better, so it's all good now. Yet you can see some plays he is standing upright and some he has hands on his knees bent over. How could you of all people not have heard that theory ?

Maybe the O-line was better than we thought but defenses knew what was coming early in the season per Joe's tells.

(07-20-2023, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/xs22oo/examples_of_mixons_tell_lean_for_run_upright_for/?onetap_auto=true

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(07-20-2023, 08:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: They say pictures are worth a thousand words and rfaulk has supplied you some examples. Look this was not my revelation but it was a storyline momentarily early on and discussed on this board which is where I read it. He quit doing it and played better, so it's all good now. Yet you can see some plays he is standing upright and some he has hands on his knees bent over. How could you of all people not have heard that theory ?

Maybe the O-line was better than we thought but defenses knew what was coming early in the season per Joe's tells.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I responded but it didn’t post. I watched the highlights from the Steelers first game and indeed that was the case but not always. He did it more than 50% but several times he didn’t. Funny it was like he couldn’t make up his mind. But he was more prone to do it if he was getting the ball. Plan to look at other highlights and more in depth.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - KillerGoose - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 09:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I responded but it didn’t post. I watched the highlights from the Steelers first game and indeed that was the case but not always. He did it more than 50% but several times he didn’t. Funny it was like he couldn’t make up his mind. But he was more prone to do it if he was getting the ball. Plan to look at other highlights and more in depth.

I was curious so I went and watched the condensed game again. Here is what I found from that game alone...

Mixon High Stance - 82% pass
Mixon Low Stance - 70% run

Someone in the Reddit thread tallied it for the Dolphins game and came up with the following...

Mixon High Stance - 95% pass
Mixon Low Stance - 79% run

IIRC, it went away after week five or so. Those are pretty strong indicators of what is going on.

(07-20-2023, 09:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I was curious so I went and watched the condensed game again. Here is what I found from that game alone...

Someone in the Reddit thread tallied it for the Dolphins game and came up with the following...

IIRC, it went away after week five or so. Those are pretty strong indicators of what is going on.

It definitely happens I remember Lane Johnson tipping off Texas in the RRR . But Lane was a converted QB/TE so he was given a pass.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Go Cards - 07-20-2023

(07-20-2023, 09:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I responded but it didn’t post. I watched the highlights from the Steelers first game and indeed that was the case but not always. He did it more than 50% but several times he didn’t. Funny it was like he couldn’t make up his mind. But he was more prone to do it if he was getting the ball. Plan to look at other highlights and more in depth.

(07-20-2023, 09:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I was curious so I went and watched the condensed game again. Here is what I found from that game alone...

The person that wrote the article that called him out on it said that it was almost 100% of the time, but some plays Burrow audibles out of the play at the line of scrimmage. 

But Mixon cleaned it up once it came to light or the coaches did. So that is no longer an issue but it had to hinder his stats early on and make O-line look worse than they were.
Odd that none of our coaches noticed this before the media though.  

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Bengalbug - 07-21-2023

He did a lot of off-season training at mayweather training academy.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Soonerpeace - 07-21-2023

Dalvin Cook with issues now:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/court-filing-alleges-dalvin-cook-offered-gracelyn-trimble-1-million-to-exonerate-him

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-21-2023

(07-21-2023, 09:10 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dalvin Cook with issues now:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/court-filing-alleges-dalvin-cook-offered-gracelyn-trimble-1-million-to-exonerate-him

Man, that was the reason I wanted Mixon over Dalvin Cook in the first place was he had multiple off the field incidents before being 
drafted instead of just the one terrible one with Mixon. Now both are back at it this offseason, stupid.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Sled21 - 07-22-2023

(07-20-2023, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, that is a lot of muscle to put on in one Offseason. Sure shows Carter is putting in the hard work at the very least.

The wonders of modern pharmaceuticals. I just hope he cycles off them early enough he doesn't piss positive. (And that's not a hack, and no I don't have any proof, I just figure all these linemen do it in the offseason.)

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - pally - 07-23-2023

this will be something to watch