Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
Joe's not stupid...a restructured contract in Cincy is more than he'll get on the street...if he got anything

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Beat me to it... wonder what the final #'s will be
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it but not as much as if they had replaced him during FA or even done this paycut before/during FA so they could have added more talent with the savings.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mixon and the Bengals have agreed to a new deal that will pay him a base salary of just under $6 million with incentives that could earn him up to $8 million a league source tells PFT.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The rumor is it’s 6 with 8 possible in incentives. This puts him right in line with his production and I’m really happy to see it.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it but not as much as if they had replaced him during FA or even done this paycut before/during FA so they could have added more talent with the savings.

They are gonna sign Tee and Burrow and don't forget Logan...
Reply/Quote
6 rising to 8 is a class deal for us tbh.

If we get 21-22 Mixon to go along with this o-line improving there is genuinely no way to stop us from winning it all this year.
Reply/Quote
I think this is a good thing honestly. Frees up cap for us
[Image: VYOA6ZFCJ5HNFA3XPZIIQKMJZE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Between 6-8? Wow that’d be nice
-Housh
Reply/Quote
A little flash of the mythical Burrow effect….

I feel like I’m prior days players would have refused and been cut.

The rb market does suck tho so it’s a smart move. Maybe more moves to come now that camps approached. They know how much they can afford him at. Other deals must be close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Only positive I could hope comes from it, is that it is a pay cut and a FA is still added to roster with the savings.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Only positive I could hope comes from it, is that it is a pay cut and a FA is still added to roster with the savings.

I mean it’s not like he’s done. He’s probably got 2-3 solid years in him even if they are struggle years where he’s injured a good amount.

He was pretty shit last year in pass pro and hitting holes but he was still great at falling forward
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Let's go!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 08:57 PM)pally Wrote: Joe's not stupid...a restructured contract in Cincy is more than he'll get on the street...if he got anything

Exactly
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well there’s been a few Mixon conversations LOL. But we are on the same page. And that was a fair and accurate response. Evidence in that Joe had a poor season? Well his stats clearly show it. He did. That is a fact. Mixon has a lot riding on this season. In 2021 he had his best season. 2023 will be interesting but the conversation ramped back up based on Paul Dehner’s comments. I have no inside info and is just MHO that Mixon will get a solid guaranteed restructure covering the final 2 years of his contract for around 7.5 million a year.

Wonder if he got it for 2 years.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://twsn.net/2023/07/joe-mixon-will-bounce-back-in-2023
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

I think the money saved will go into extensions. They got what they wanted in FA, pretty much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I love it
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 10:13 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean it’s not like he’s done. He’s probably got 2-3 solid years in him even if they are struggle years where he’s  injured a good amount.

He was pretty shit last year in pass pro and hitting holes but he was still great at falling forward

Yeah. He turns 27 in a couple weeks. That's the prime of his life and i could certainly see them getting 3 more years out of him with how well he stays in shape. He's been nothing but positive when it comes to being a good teammate and you can't fault his enthusiasm and effort. 

He wants to be here and he wants to win. With all the CD talk lately, i remember what it was like when it was the exact opposite.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote