Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-15-2023, 06:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Most efficient according to who and by what standards? Because even if you ignore the first 4 weeks where Mixon was terrible, he still doesn't have the most yards, the most TDs, the most YPC, didn't get the most yards after contact, didn't break the most tackles. By what method was he the "most efficient" running back in football?

We get it, you have Sooner in your name. You are a Sooners fan. Joe Mixon was a Sooner. You are weirdly obsessed with me. Get over it.

I’m just keeping you up to snuff. I ask Charlie for you
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 06:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO my reading comprehension is fine yours not so much. Everybody says it’s a restructure and you said you hated a restructure

I said I would hate it if it was a restructure, but it wasn't, it was a pay cut, and I liked a pay cut. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 07:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m just keeping you up to snuff. I ask Charlie for you

Or you're just being a obsessive weirdo on a message board who clearly can't just be normal. Nobody is asking you to or wanting you to be a self-appointed monitor of other people's posting. They don't need you following them around to keep them "up to snuff".

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 07:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or you're just being a obsessive weirdo on a message board who clearly can't just be normal. Nobody is asking you to or wanting you to be a self-appointed monitor of other people's posting. They don't need you following them around to keep them "up to snuff".

You quoted me and I responded. If you don’t want me to respond then don’t quote me. It’s not hard and it’s not a leap

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it

(07-15-2023, 09:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know I know you think ownership/staff screwed up again. Big shock

(07-15-2023, 07:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You quoted me and I responded. If you don’t want me to respond then don’t quote me. It’s not hard and it’s not a leap

Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 07:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rolleyes

Again on page 3 you quoted me on the 12/18/20 posts and on page 4 2/3/6 . I don’t know what to tell you? Don’t quote me if you don’t want me to respond. It’s not hard.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully this lights a fire under his ass and he runs like a machine.

Mixon running the ball hard will keep the pass rush in check.
Reply/Quote
[url=http://
Quote:Details:
— Joe Mixon took a $4.39M pay cut this year and a $4.67M pay cut next year.
— The 2023 base is $5.51M and he can make an extra $2M per year in incentives.
— This opens up the possibility of him sticking around next year, too. https://t.co/FUHy7Zpw6h
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 15, 2023

Tweet: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1680212570320302091

I was wanting to move on and go to a quicker back that can catch and block out of shotgun.

However, this is a heck of a deal. It's probably a good idea to have a lot of depth at all positions going into a Super Bowl run.
This frees up cash for Burrow/Higgins.
I like it. Rock On
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They didn't ever not have him. He was already under contract for this year and next. They didn't gain a RB, they gained money.

The turn around in how management operates over the past four years has been nothing short of spectacular for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 06:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Most efficient by what standard? That’s a vague, non-specific term that lacks substance without the numbers to back it up. That’s the type of stat Fred would come up with.

And what prompted the scheme change? The O-line or the RB? Seems counter-intuitive the “most efficient” RB in the NFL would take a significant pay cut if those stats indicated that type of dominance.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 02:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most efficient by what standard? That’s a vague, non-specific term that lacks substance without the numbers to back it up. That’s the type of stat Fred would come up with.

And what prompted the scheme change? The O-line or the RB? Seems counter-intuitive the “most efficient” RB in the NFL would take a significant pay cut if those stats indicated that type of dominance.

Not my claim. It’s Charlie Goldsmith of the Enquirer. I just shared it.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 02:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Most efficient by what standard? That’s a vague, non-specific term that lacks substance without the numbers to back it up. That’s the type of stat Fred would come up with.

I would argue that any metric he is using is dubious at best and is also likely massively carried by the Carolina game. I’m not a fan of removing a result from a dataset but the Panthers game was much a massive outlier it is fair to point out. From week five on, Mixon averaged 4.6 yards per carry and gained 590 yards. If you remove that Panthers game, his YPC drops from 4.6 to 4.1. It’s the same with his advanced metrics, too. They all tank without the Panthers game.

He was marginally better after the scheme change and had one outlier game to really boost his numbers.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 02:17 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The turn around in how management operates over the past four years has been nothing short of spectacular for the most part.

Yes. Something i didn't think i'd ever see.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 10:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would argue that any metric he is using is dubious at best and is also likely massively carried by the Carolina game. I’m not a fan of removing a result from a dataset but the Panthers game was much a massive outlier it is fair to point out. From week five on, Mixon averaged 4.6 yards per carry and gained 590 yards. If you remove that Panthers game, his YPC drops from 4.6 to 4.1. It’s the same with his advanced metrics, too. They all tank without the Panthers game.

He was marginally better after the scheme change and had one outlier game to really boost his numbers.

After the Baltimore game (5) Mixon rushed for a 4.72 avg. That’s 15 games . Trying to use Carolina against him is not fair. Then I can come up with outliers for a lot of others. Take out Josh Jacob’s 86 yard run and he’s different. I mean in all fairness we were 29th in yards per rush. This boards continuation of laying the rushing inefficiencies all at his feet is unfair. If you are going to label his 2022 season a colossal failure you can’t disregard his 2021 season that netted his anointing by his peers the 4th best running back in the league.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 10:11 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would argue that any metric he is using is dubious at best and is also likely massively carried by the Carolina game. I’m not a fan of removing a result from a dataset but the Panthers game was much a massive outlier it is fair to point out. From week five on, Mixon averaged 4.6 yards per carry and gained 590 yards. If you remove that Panthers game, his YPC drops from 4.6 to 4.1. It’s the same with his advanced metrics, too. They all tank without the Panthers game.

Sharp Football Analytics says Joe Mixon wasn't even the most efficient runner on the Bengals roster let alone the league...

Quote:Unfortunately, Mixon was not very good last season on top of things.

Despite leading the league in percentage of runs to come against light boxes (42.2%), Mixon averaged:

• 3.9 yards per carry (36th among all backs with 100 or more carries)
  • 2.61 yards after contact per carry (39th)
  • 8.4% of his carries went for 10 or more yards (34th)
Mixon rushed for 100 yards in just two games. Over the back half of the season, Mixon was outplayed at times by Samaje Perine, who posted higher efficiency metrics across the board.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/bengals-draft-needs-team-nfl-2023/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 11:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: After the Baltimore game (5) Mixon rushed for a 4.72 avg. That’s 15 games . Trying to use Carolina against him is not fair. Then I can come up with outliers for a lot of others. Take out Josh Jacob’s 86 yard run and he’s different. I mean in all fairness we were 29th in yards per rush. This boards continuation of laying the rushing inefficiencies all at his feet is unfair. If you are going to label his 2022 season a colossal failure you can’t disregard his 2021 season that netted his anointing by his peers the 4th best running back in the league.

I don’t say this to be mean, but I really don’t care to discuss Mixon with you specifically. You are going to defend any and every slight you can find against him and I don’t really have anything else to say that hasn’t already been said.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 02:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don’t say this to be mean, but I really don’t care to discuss Mixon with you specifically. You are going to defend any and every slight you can find against him and I don’t really have anything else to say that hasn’t already been said.

Fair enough.. No problem but I’ll still defend him if I feel it’s appropriate. The organization/staff has spoken. Despite his legal issues and the opportunity to move on either in FA or the draft or maybe keep Perine over him they’ve chosen to keep him sans a more acceptable number. It’s really end of story until after the season then it will be assessed again I’d imagine.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 12:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Sharp Football Analytics says Joe Mixon wasn't even the most efficient runner on the Bengals roster let alone the league...

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/bengals-draft-needs-team-nfl-2023/

Thought so, thanks Synric. Just proves what most of us thought and Mixon had a poor year besides the 1 great game.

His pass protection was very poor and that just doesn't cut it in a passing Offense ran by Joe Burrow the next up and coming great QB.

Happy with the pay cut as TLL says, it allows us to have more dough to give Burrow his monster contract and extend players like Reader,
Logan and even Tee as long as it doesn't hurt the trenches. Keep the trenches strong and as long is Burrow is around we are a tough out 
every single year.
Reply/Quote
This is great news. Good move by Mixon sticking around to play for a winner and sticking with the team that gave him a shot.

I'm happy to still have him on our team and now at a way friendlier price. He is a good player. I wouldn't mind prolonging his career by giving other RBs more snaps. I think we can have multiple productive RBs. I wonder if the new lower salary means they will be more willing to spread the workload out?
Reply/Quote