Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon contract restructure finalizing (/Thread-Mixon-contract-restructure-finalizing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mixon contract restructure finalizing - pally - 07-14-2023

Joe's not stupid...a restructured contract in Cincy is more than he'll get on the street...if he got anything

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - QueenCity - 07-14-2023

Beat me to it... wonder what the final #'s will be

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - TheLeonardLeap - 07-14-2023

If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it but not as much as if they had replaced him during FA or even done this paycut before/during FA so they could have added more talent with the savings.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - QueenCity - 07-14-2023

Mixon and the Bengals have agreed to a new deal that will pay him a base salary of just under $6 million with incentives that could earn him up to $8 million a league source tells PFT.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Au165 - 07-14-2023

The rumor is it’s 6 with 8 possible in incentives. This puts him right in line with his production and I’m really happy to see it.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Tony - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

If it's him taking a pay cut, I like it but not as much as if they had replaced him during FA or even done this paycut before/during FA so they could have added more talent with the savings.

They are gonna sign Tee and Burrow and don't forget Logan...

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - BengalsLUFC - 07-14-2023

6 rising to 8 is a class deal for us tbh.

If we get 21-22 Mixon to go along with this o-line improving there is genuinely no way to stop us from winning it all this year.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - WildfireMicro - 07-14-2023

I think this is a good thing honestly. Frees up cap for us

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Housh - 07-14-2023

Between 6-8? Wow that’d be nice

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - jj22 - 07-14-2023

A little flash of the mythical Burrow effect….

I feel like I’m prior days players would have refused and been cut.

The rb market does suck tho so it’s a smart move. Maybe more moves to come now that camps approached. They know how much they can afford him at. Other deals must be close.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Go Cards - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it's ACTUALLY a restructure, I hate it because it means you're committing to a player for next year as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Only positive I could hope comes from it, is that it is a pay cut and a FA is still added to roster with the savings.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Housh - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Only positive I could hope comes from it, is that it is a pay cut and a FA is still added to roster with the savings.

I mean it’s not like he’s done. He’s probably got 2-3 solid years in him even if they are struggle years where he’s injured a good amount.

He was pretty shit last year in pass pro and hitting holes but he was still great at falling forward

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - mhbsavant - 07-14-2023

Let's go!!

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - michaelsean - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 08:57 PM)pally Wrote: Joe's not stupid...a restructured contract in Cincy is more than he'll get on the street...if he got anything

Exactly

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Soonerpeace - 07-14-2023

(06-21-2023, 09:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well there’s been a few Mixon conversations LOL. But we are on the same page. And that was a fair and accurate response. Evidence in that Joe had a poor season? Well his stats clearly show it. He did. That is a fact. Mixon has a lot riding on this season. In 2021 he had his best season. 2023 will be interesting but the conversation ramped back up based on Paul Dehner’s comments. I have no inside info and is just MHO that Mixon will get a solid guaranteed restructure covering the final 2 years of his contract for around 7.5 million a year.

Wonder if he got it for 2 years.

https://twsn.net/2023/07/joe-mixon-will-bounce-back-in-2023

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-14-2023

I think the money saved will go into extensions. They got what they wanted in FA, pretty much.

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - RunKijanaRun - 07-14-2023

I love it

RE: Mixon contract restructure finalizing - rfaulk34 - 07-15-2023

(07-14-2023, 10:13 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean it’s not like he’s done. He’s probably got 2-3 solid years in him even if they are struggle years where he’s  injured a good amount.

He was pretty shit last year in pass pro and hitting holes but he was still great at falling forward

Yeah. He turns 27 in a couple weeks. That's the prime of his life and i could certainly see them getting 3 more years out of him with how well he stays in shape. He's been nothing but positive when it comes to being a good teammate and you can't fault his enthusiasm and effort. 

He wants to be here and he wants to win. With all the CD talk lately, i remember what it was like when it was the exact opposite.