Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - jj22 - 08-04-2023

Good rep by Jackson

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-training-camp-observations-aug-4

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - casear2727 - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, if Pollack is looking for another "glasseater":
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/titans-cut-veteran-player-for-starting-too-many-fights-at-practice/ar-AA1eKOeu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=69cb6ae4b50b4b68a8f03861ec536415&ei=2

Seems he wanted to fight the entire D.

Simmons is such a piece of sh!t I could see why.  Karras wanted to beat his ass.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-04-2023

jamar chase doesn't want Burrow to be back for the regular season. Says it's gucci as long as he's there by Week 5.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - casear2727 - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 10:53 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: jamar chase doesn't want Burrow to be back for the regular season. Says it's gucci as long as he's there by Week 5.

I'd bet Joe isnt taking rehab advice from Chase.  He is so competitive I cant see him missing games unless he absolutely cannot go.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - sandwedge - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 03:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's so big that he'll get a picture of his own, later.  On another note, Glasseaters smile??

I think Cappa tooted.... Tongue

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Rubekahn29 - 08-05-2023

Offense seems to be humming more than usual, especially without Burrow. Defense still making plays too. Could be a fun preseason.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Yogo - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 10:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Simmons is such a piece of sh!t I could see why.  Karras wanted to beat his ass.

Yeah, that was the most pissed I've seen Karras get.  He said the Tennessee DLine plays intentionally dirty.  I bet it's more the Tennessee Dline's fault than Jamarco's.  I'd give em a shot.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - chrisball96 - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 11:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd bet Joe isnt taking rehab advice from Chase.  He is so competitive I cant see him missing games unless he absolutely cannot go.

Agreed, and with a grade 1 strain all the medical folks discussing it seemed to make it out to be a situation where he would be back by week 1, and I don’t see Joe trying to play it safe or ease himself back in.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 09:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good rep by Jackson

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-training-camp-observations-aug-4

Sure is a good rep by Carman against Myles Murphy. That is the thing, nobody is going to out power Carman, that dude is built.

Would like to see MM going against Jonah and how he looks, you would think MM would give Jonah trouble in this department.

That was some high praise from Coach Chuck about Jalen Davis saying he would start in the Slot for about any other team in the league. Shocked

Always liked Jalen Davis every time I watched him but that is high praise. 

Nice seeing Lassiter getting better and better in Charlie Jones absence. Will be rooting for this guy to stick at least on the PS.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure is a good rep by Carman against Myles Murphy. That is the thing, nobody is going to out power Carman, that dude is built.

Would like to see MM going against Jonah and how he looks, you would think MM would give Jonah trouble in this department...

If Jonah doesnt look significantly better than Carman, he needs to be traded.  Let Carman man the RT position until Collins is ready.  Save that 12.6 million we would use on Jonah this year and give it to Reader and Awuzie on contract extensions.  Keeping Jonah one year is not worth letting Reader and Awuzie get away.  This is of course assuming neither Reader and Awuzie demand big raises.  Extend Reader for a couple more years, give him a couple million dollars more per year.  Extend Awuzie and give him 4 million more per year.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - MTBengalsFan - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 01:10 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Offense seems to be humming more than usual, especially without Burrow. Defense still making plays too. Could be a fun preseason.

As long as the Bengals beat the Browns week 1, other than staying healthy, frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn about preseason.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 07:30 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Jonah doesnt look significantly better than Carman, he needs to be traded.  Let Carman man the RT position until Collins is ready.  Save that 12.6 million we would use on Jonah this year and give it to Reader and Awuzie on contract extensions.  Keeping Jonah one year is not worth letting Reader and Awuzie get away.  This is of course assuming neither Reader and Awuzie demand big raises.  Extend Reader for a couple more years, give him a couple million dollars more per year.  Extend Awuzie and give him 4 million more per year.

Word is Jonah has been looking good at RT. I would imagine he will be the guy at RT this year and I am more than happy with the starters and depth we have this year and don't really want to change that. But I love Reader and I think he is the heart of this defense. So if we had to trade Jonah to keep Reader for a couple more seasons I would go that way but I would be nervous about the line and that's something we've done far to often.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - WeezyBengal - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 07:30 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Jonah doesnt look significantly better than Carman, he needs to be traded.  Let Carman man the RT position until Collins is ready.  Save that 12.6 million we would use on Jonah this year and give it to Reader and Awuzie on contract extensions.  Keeping Jonah one year is not worth letting Reader and Awuzie get away.  This is of course assuming neither Reader and Awuzie demand big raises.  Extend Reader for a couple more years, give him a couple million dollars more per year.  Extend Awuzie and give him 4 million more per year.

I don't think Carman is going to make the team. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - sandwedge - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 09:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think Carman is going to make the team. 

Weezy, how much you got to lose? Wink

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Essex Johnson - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 09:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't think Carman is going to make the team. 

He will make roster for 3rd year in a row as a backup

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - samhain - 08-05-2023

I don't see any way he gets let go unless he gets traded.

It may seem like we a have a lot of OTs, but Collins isn't ready.  Ahead of schedule, maybe, but not ready.  That leaves OBJ, Jonah, then Carman.  There's no way in the world anyone is convincing me that he's not better than Adeniji.  

Jackson is a huge lineman that acquitted himself well at LT in a critical situation last year. He's got all a team wants other than consistency.

The league is loaded with teams that are starving for big, versatile OL. The only way I let a guy like him go is if I get something in return.

Carman at the very least is the backup swing tackle.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't see any way he gets let go unless he gets traded.

It may seem like we a have a lot of OTs, but Collins isn't ready.  Ahead of schedule, maybe, but not ready.  That leaves OBJ, Jonah, then Carman.  There's no way in the world anyone is convincing me that he's not better than Adeniji.  

Jackson is a huge lineman that acquitted himself well at LT in a critical situation last year. He's got all a team wants other than consistency.

The league is loaded with teams that are starving for big, versatile OL. The only way I let a guy like him go is if I get something in return.

Carman at the very least is the backup swing tackle.

He’s also played LG

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - chrisball96 - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 09:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Word is Jonah has been looking good at RT. I would imagine he will be the guy at RT this year and I am more than happy with the starters and depth we have this year and don't really want to change that. But I love Reader and I think he is the heart of this defense. So if we had to trade Jonah to keep Reader for a couple more seasons I would go that way but I would be nervous about the line and that's something we've done far to often.

I agree. I had my doubts about Jonah but have probably read the same reports as you all that he is doing very well. It’s the last year of his contract and I’d be surprised if he stays beyond that. But he seems by far the best option at RT and as such he should be the guy this year no matter the cost, as it’s just one year.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - WeezyBengal - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 11:29 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I agree. I had my doubts about Jonah but have probably read the same reports as you all that he is doing very well. It’s the last year of his contract and I’d be surprised if he stays beyond that. But he seems by far the best option at RT and as such he should be the guy this year no matter the cost, as it’s just one year.

Cody Ford was brought in and Da Ante Smith, and Jackson Kirkland have all had better camps by some reports I've seen. Then you have LC getting close.

Im serious, I would 100% not be shocked if Carman doesn't make this team. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Rubekahn29 - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 08:37 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: As long as the Bengals beat the Browns week 1, other than staying healthy, frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn about preseason.

Good for you.