Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? (/Thread-Should-the-Bengals-be-shopping-for-backup-QB)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: boo-this-man-gif.gif]

Yeah lol

No to Flaccid... Hilarious

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Yogo - 08-29-2023

Whoa! Bailley Zappe!!!

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - SunsetBengal - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 08:47 PM)Yogo Wrote: Whoa!  Bailley Zappe!!!

What, you thought that maybe Joe Montana might be available?

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Rotobeast - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: boo-this-man-gif.gif]
...[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7tdp99314p8uxtkhcgu...y.gif&ct=g]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Rotobeast - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah lol

No to Flaccid... Hilarious
To be fair, my first choice is Foles. I'd also be happy with a flier on Grier or Zappe.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Nately120 - 08-29-2023

I'll keep my eyes and mind open to a new backup QB reveal, but I have a feeling this old chestnut may fit:

[Image: ATlhg.gif]

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - BengalsBong - 08-30-2023

No. There is not enough time to learn the system that should be done in the off season. Since Joe has not been throwing to Yo-Shi and Sizzle he needs every rep to get timing down that he can get before the season starts. I know we got Chase Higgins and Boyd in front of them, but sh*t happens.

If anyone was brought in, they would be 3rd string at best this year it is a waste. I also like the rookie QB we released hoping he lands on practice squad. Browning won the job hands down easy why can't people be happy with him at back up I am.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - pally - 08-30-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Give me Colt McCoy over either of the two schmucks they currently have. He's not great, but I at least trust him to have enough accuracy to complete a pass. 68.7% completion over the last 3 years puts him 11.5% ahead of Siemian and he can complete a pass then our WRs can do the rest.

McCoy isn’t an option. He has an elbow problem which requires no throwing to heal, after which he is expected to re-sign with the Cardinals

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - rfaulk34 - 08-31-2023

(08-28-2023, 08:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jags cut Nathan Rourke for some reason, and maybe my CFL fandom is showing but I think we otter pick him up IF we can, eh?

FYP.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - pally - 08-31-2023

maybe this guy is an option

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - KillerGoose - 08-31-2023

(08-30-2023, 03:48 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: No. There is not enough time to learn the system that should be done in the off season. Since Joe has not been throwing to Yo-Shi and Sizzle he needs every rep to get timing down that he can get before the season starts. I know we got Chase Higgins and Boyd in front of them, but sh*t happens.

If anyone was brought in, they would be 3rd string at best this year it is a waste. I also like the rookie QB we released hoping he lands on practice squad. Browning won the job hands down easy why can't people be happy with him at back up I am.

There's plenty of time to learn the system. Most NFL teams for the most part are running incredibly similar, if not the same, plays. There would be a lot of material to cover, but the guys at this level have no issue with it. If they could find someone clearly better than Browning, then they should pull the trigger. 

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - NATI BENGALS - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023, 06:23 PM)pally Wrote: maybe this guy is an option

Triple option with some passes mixed in. Running behind our OL I think we could pull out a W in an emergency.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - George Cantstandya - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023, 06:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Triple option with some passes mixed in. Running behind our OL I think we could pull out a W in an emergency.

That didn't work out so great for the 49ers last year when they were pretty much left with McCaffrey. Granted they also were playing against a very good Eagles team and already a fair amount behind in the score by then. Hopefully it never comes to that and with the new emergency QB rule I hope we'll not see something like that again. That said, having some non-QBs practicing some passes certainly doesn't hurt for maybe a trick play here and there.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Chezaugie - 08-31-2023

(08-31-2023, 03:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: FYP.

You gotta wonder what Joe said to him in passing.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - SunsetBengal - 08-31-2023

Who is that?  He looks like he's spinning way to hard for that short, little throw to a ball boy..

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - bfine32 - 08-31-2023

This past off-season suggests he should be good in a pistol offense. 

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - sandwedge - 09-01-2023

(08-31-2023, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who is that?  He looks like he's spinning way to hard for that short, little throw to a ball boy..
I thought it was Mixon, but it doesn't look like him. I still remember Mixon's TD pass in the SB, it took forever for that blooper ball to get into the receiver's hands..

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - BengalsBong - 09-06-2023

(08-31-2023, 06:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There's plenty of time to learn the system. Most NFL teams for the most part are running incredibly similar, if not the same, plays. There would be a lot of material to cover, but the guys at this level have no issue with it. If they could find someone clearly better than Browning, then they should pull the trigger. 

Coaches are game planning and reviewing last week's game tape throughout the week. As well as making up a new game plan for the next game. The 1st string QB is preparing for the next game getting reps the 2nd or 3rd sting QB are trying to simulate the next QB we are facing for the defense to prepare.

Jobs are won and lost on the field during off season and throughout the preseason games. To take away the 2nd string QB job and give it to a guy that has not won the job on the field would be a slap in the face to the 2nd string QB. A players coach would never do this it would send a very bad message to the team and to the future players looking to join this team.

To demote your 2nd string QB during the season for no reason and promote a guy that has not played a preseason or reg season game for your team is micky mouse type coaching and decision making. This would be if Burrow is still healthy and the 2nd and 3rd stringer was riding the pine. 

Now if the 2nd string QB Browning has to start games and he struggles to get yards and wins then you look to the 3rd string guy.  

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - XenoMorph - 09-07-2023

(08-30-2023, 03:48 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: No. There is not enough time to learn the system that should be done in the off season. Since Joe has not been throwing to Yo-Shi and Sizzle he needs every rep to get timing down that he can get before the season starts. I know we got Chase Higgins and Boyd in front of them, but sh*t happens.

i'm perfectly happy with Browning as the Backup as long as he never has to play.

RE: Should the Bengals be shopping for backup QB? - Nicomo Cosca - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 09:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i'm perfectly happy with Browning as the Backup as long as he only has to play in blowout wins.

FTFY