Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - WeezyBengal - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:07 PM)Rattler Wrote: Well, next week the stains are at the stoolers for MNF and the rat turds come to PBS, so there's a decent chance
the AFC North gets all knotted up at 1-1 and we can forget the abortion of a game we saw today.

It's not about winning the division it's about getting a 1 or 2 seed and having home playoff games/byes. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

Watching all these other teams with olines who can actually protect their qb. Burrow will be maimed by the end of the season. What’s new though. And that punter is pure ass. Who decided he was the best. My gosh. Just absolute suck everywhere.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

I'm just glad we didn't trot Irv Smith out there this PS. He was much too valuable to risk losing.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Tony - 09-10-2023

I forgot to say, the punter is complete dogshit

(09-10-2023, 07:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Watching all these other teams with olines who can actually protect their qb.   Burrow will be maimed by the end of the season.  What’s new though.  And that punter is pure ass.   Who decided he was the best.   My gosh.   Just absolute suck everywhere.
Joe Burrow got sacked 2 times in 31 attempts

Rub 'n Tug got sacked 3 times in 29 attempts. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: If you think this thread is salty today, next Sunday's loss against the ravens will shut the board down till fans are back to defcon 2.

Seriously come back in week 3 thats when the Bengals will take the field for the first time in 2023 against the Rams! Ninja

Rams looking like world beaters compared to Bengals. Apparently they new preseason was over.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Rattler - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's not about winning the division it's about getting a 1 or 2 seed and having home playoff games/byes. 

We have a far better chance of doing exactly that if we win the division.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - NotBigzo - 09-10-2023

I honestly didn't notice too many shit plays from the O line, at least not as many. So that's encouraing I guess.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - TheFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Not that I agreed with all the play calling, but you could have Bill Walsh calling the plays with Montana under center, and it wouldn't matter.
If there is zero pocket or time to throw the ball, any pure pocket passer that has ever played the game will struggle.

Hell, half of the pass the plays didn't even have time to develop before Burrow was on the run or looking out the ear hole of his helmet.
Garrett in the back field all day while worthless Jonah is blocking air.

Burrow is not going to win many games with his legs, and if we don't protect him better, he won't be around long.

I mean that's a different can of worms we'd be opening. We shouldn't be paying the largest contract to a QB who can't make plays on his own. That's what almost every successful QB has to do. So if that's your excuse then we're screwed.

How many top 5 QBs have scored only 3 points in a game? 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Bengalitis - 09-10-2023

Watching other teams playing today, the bengals really had nothing going for them today. THis is on the players and coaches. If Burrow wasnt practicing, then he shouldn't have started... putting Browning in the last 3 minutes or whatever it was at the end of the 4th qtr, was the cherry on the top. Should have started Browning, then bring in the 255 million pro to show him how it's done. The only QB who showed Burrow how to QB was Watson, today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - WeezyBengal - 09-10-2023

Game plan was absolute trash.

Rainy, QB who hasn't had a ton of reps and has a bum calf and we come out throwing it all over the yard. I just do not understand.

Also, going for it on the Bengals 30 with over ten minutes left down two scores should be a ***** fireable offense. That was ballgame right there. How is no one talking more about this?

All of that after we decide not to go for 4th and 3 on the Bengals 40. Just a shit show of a coaching job by Zach today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - jj22 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's one game FFS. Joe Burrow missed most of camp. This was Oline's first time together. Lets see what happens next week before we jump off a cliff.

That was last year and they were at least competitive. This was different. This loss is the type that will be felt. There’s no moral victory like many fans pulled from the rough start last year. 

Burrow even with the turnovers was at least still in the mvp race. Coaching was competent enough to rally if only to eventually lose. There wasn’t the mass gasp from the NFL world and fandom at what they were witnessing. 

The team we saw today isn’t beating Arizona let alone Baltimore.

What we witnessed today was a defining moment that seems much different then last season. Much. Hell many around here swore Burrow wouldn’t look like he did last opening day. He looked far worse.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - M.W. - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:07 PM)Rattler Wrote: Well, next week the stains are at the stoolers for MNF and the rat turds come to PBS, so there's a decent chance
the AFC North gets all knotted up at 1-1 and we can forget the abortion of a game we saw today.

I doubt the Steelers beat Cleveland.  Who knows though.

(09-10-2023, 07:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Watching other teams playing today, the bengals really had nothing going for them today. THis is on the players and coaches. If Burrow wasnt practicing, then he shouldn't have started... putting Browning in the last 3 minutes or whatever it was at the end of the 4th qtr, was the cherry on the top. Should have started Browning, then bring in the 255 million pro to show him how it's done.  The only QB who showed Burrow how to QB was Watson, today.

uuuuhhhhmmmm.....Who else could it be on?

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Woodstock - 09-10-2023

Other than a few defensive plays. I can’t think of one thing to highlight about the offense. Looked pathetic. Simply not ready to play.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Tomkat - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:00 PM)BengalBob Wrote: On the road in the rain against a division opponent that matches up well against us using our starting qb with no preseason reps is a recipe for disaster.

Relax

Unless the Bengals somehow beat the Ravens next week... there is absolutely no reason to relax.  If there was a way to give negative rep... you deserve it for that post.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Interceptor - 09-10-2023

Ok. So the Browns just won their Super Bowl for the season. Congratulations to them.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - PDub80 - 09-10-2023

Horrific game plan. The Bengals never even tried to work the middle of the field whatsoever. ZT is a fantastic coach, but the play calling/installed plan is unimaginative, stale, and very one note.

Also did the 1st round draft pick even play? What was his snap count? He is a blank on the stat sheet. That's PITIFUL

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: The offensive playcalling is cheeks.

Joe Burrow isn't worth 275 million.

He wasnt today, but there are plenty of games left.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Bengalitis - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuhhhhmmmm.....Who else could it be on?

Mike Brown gets a pass...........finally. lol