Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - michaelsean - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:44 PM)Housh Wrote: If I’m a team like Pittsburg how do you not kick the tires on a Browning trade while you wait to draft you next franchise QB?

I would hope we wouldn’t do it.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - bfine32 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:44 PM)Housh Wrote: If I’m a team like Pittsburg how do you not kick the tires on a Browning trade while you wait to draft you next franchise QB?

0 Chance we'd ever trade him to PIT. 

Now NE wanna give up that 1st...

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - sandwedge - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would hope we wouldn’t do it.

Mike Brown doesn't trade within the division.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - michaelsean - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't trade within the division.

Nor should he.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac's holding him back

Stupid playcall caused that INT. Ninja

This guy is just fun to watch. The INT was bad decision, but other than that, he played another damn fine game. Two OT wins to his credit already. He's got a little JB ice in his veins for sure. We're on to Shitsburgh!

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - bengalfan74 - 12-16-2023

The first half wasn't super pretty. But he ended up getting the job done in a big time way! Put me fully on the Jake train.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Housh - 12-16-2023

Jake posted that he’s getting steroid tested on his IG lol

NFL think this dude gotta be juiced up to keep winning lol

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - lacesout87 - 12-16-2023

They’re doing a urine test because they tried a blood test and all they got was ICE!

(12-16-2023, 09:30 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: They’re doing a urine test because they tried a blood test and all they got was ICE!

+1, love it.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Whacked - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 09:30 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: They’re doing a urine test because they tried a blood test and all they got was ICE!

Ha. Well played !!

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Browns Town Bengal - 12-16-2023

I think they are still holding out hope that they didnt swing and miss on pickett.  Spoiler alert, they did

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - casear2727 - 12-16-2023

Seriously?  Browning is NOT good being flushed out of the pocket and his downfield throws are rainbows.  He is not a starting level NFL QB in my opinion.   

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - casear2727 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:07 PM)CottonHill Wrote: He’s def outplayed Burrow this year. Making it look like the monster contract to Joe should’ve been used on extensions and a big FA signing or two.

Is this sarcasm or high level ignorance?  I seriously cant tell.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - puddycat - 12-16-2023

Without the benefit of another 3 games he is a strong backup right now. In other words he CAN start. Clearly. That being said, he had some misses in the 1st half overthrowing Jones, took a couple of unnecessary sacks, an intentional ground to a side of the field with no receivers, and killing the clock at the end of the half by not throwing it away or getting out of bounds.
Zac started straying away from the run again doing him no favors.

(12-16-2023, 09:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?  Browning is NOT good being flushed out of the pocket and his downfield throws are rainbows.  He is not a starting level NFL QB in my opinion.   

He had me holding my breath more than a couple times today. That said, he's a very solid backup at this point in my eyes. Aside from one bad play today, he usually makes solid decisions. He's playing within this offense. So, if he's not a starter, and we agree on that, does this mean the staff is doing an excellent job in handling him?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Shake n Blake - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 09:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?  Browning is NOT good being flushed out of the pocket and his downfield throws are rainbows.  He is not a starting level NFL QB in my opinion.   

I'd love to see how good Browning would look if he WAS a starting caliber QB. Maybe we should let him start next year as well and see if he has potential to be one.

He might just break (more) records.

(12-16-2023, 10:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love to see how good Browning would look if he WAS a starting caliber QB. Maybe we should let him start next year as well and see if he has potential to be one.

He might just break (more) records.

Being fair and honest here Shake....I believe that he would be a good bridge starter to decent NFL QB if not for the shoulder injury his sophomore year. He's had to learn to adapt his game from where he was at one point. We all know he was a PROLIFIC high school player, and I remember watching him at UDub. I like to drink beer and watch the PAC 12 late at night. I remember wondering what happened to him, because I thought he was legit as a Husky as well.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This guy is just fun to watch. The INT was bad decision, but other than that, he played another damn fine game. Two OT wins to his credit already. He's got a little JB ice in his veins for sure. We're on to Shitsburgh!

My favorite thing about Jake Browning is when he rolls out to the right. A lot of big plays come from this!

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Whacked - 12-16-2023

I don’t think Jake is any less impressive than 1/2 the current starters in the league.

He is no Burrow - fine - but that’s a pretty high bar.

I think he is “mid tier” though.

He has gotten it done - cold off the bench - against 3 decent teams in a row now. His stats are impressive too.

What else is he supposed to do to prove himself.

Many teams would love to have a guy w Jake’s stats and performance so far.