Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... (/Thread-Warming-up-in-the-bullpen-number-46)

Pages: 1 2 3

Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - xxlt - 02-16-2017

Ladies and Gentleman, meet the next President of the United States of America:

[Image: paul_ryan11-620x412.jpg]

I was just kidding about him warming up in the bullpen (he doesn't have a clue and if he did he wouldn't warm up, he'd just be status quo). But you can look for him to be in (the Oval) office before the end of 2017.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - hollodero - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:03 PM)xxlt Wrote: I was just kidding about him warming up in the bullpen (he doesn't have a clue and if he did he wouldn't warm up, he'd just be status quo). But you can look for him to be in (the Oval) office before the end of 2017.

How exactly would that happen? (Hnoest curiosity.)

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - xxlt - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: How exactly would that happen? (Hnoest curiosity.)

Trump will be impeached and removed or resign, almost certainly. Pence also being impeached and removed or resigning (he may have known enough for this to happen even though some claim he is not a Trump confidant and is kept in the dark) would put Paul Ryan in the Presidency. On a lighter note, Betsy DeVos is only about 12 down the line of succession.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump

Check this out Hollodero, and yes Mother Jones is a very left wing publication, but I am finding similar stuff in tabloids and even right wing news sources.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - TheLeonardLeap - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:27 PM)xxlt Wrote: Trump will be impeached and removed or resign, almost certainly. Pence also being impeached and removed or resigning (he may have known enough for this to happen even though some claim he is not a Trump confidant and is kept in the dark) would put Paul Ryan in the Presidency. On a lighter note, Betsy DeVos is only about 12 down the line of succession.

So we're going to go from 1 President resigned in US history to 3 in less than 12 months?

[Image: 57584828.jpg]

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - bfine32 - 02-16-2017

Looks like that Tin Foil stock is about to pay off.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - BengalHawk62 - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like that Tin Foil stock is about to pay off.

For once, you and I agree on something political.

For as much as I would LOVE to see it happen.  Believe me, I would love to see it happen, the chances of this happening are slim to 1%.   Not very yugely. They are gonna have to find something else to hang on the orange Oompa-Loompa with small hands to get him outta the WH.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - hollodero - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 03:27 PM)xxlt Wrote: Trump will be impeached and removed or resign, almost certainly. Pence also being impeached and removed or resigning (he may have known enough for this to happen even though some claim he is not a Trump confidant and is kept in the dark) would put Paul Ryan in the Presidency. On a lighter note, Betsy DeVos is only about 12 down the line of succession.

OK. 
But wouldn't Pence nominate a Vice president of his own? One that would follow him after he got removed. Except if both men get removed at once, of course. In which case, OK. I once heard the speaker of the house would overtake if president and ice-president were unavailable at the same time (because of attacks or whatever emergency). I did not know the rule also applies if all of them get impeached.
Wouldn't new presidential elections follow if both men were impeached, though? No one ever voted Ryan into office, him running the show for several years anyway would seem, well, strange from a democratic standpoint. But I don't know, just wondering.
(And I see more and more signs that Trump won't stay in office, that I consider to be realistic. I am not so sure about Pence, though, as far as I know he didn't do anything legally wrong so far.)

(02-16-2017, 03:29 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump

Check this out Hollodero, and yes Mother Jones is a very left wing publication, but I am finding similar stuff in tabloids and even right wing news sources.

Well. as of now, I focus on what's confirmed. In this article there are many "rumored" things and speculations. That very well might be credibly confirmed at some point, I think that is quite likely. At which point I won't be surprised and take these allegiations as a given. Right now, I still won't, though.
As you said, this is a very biased source. There's one point I agree with Trump defenders, I do not trust your media too much as well, especially when they report on unconfirmed stuff. Hardly any European does. (But not so much because they are red or blue, but generally very, say, "pro-america".)

And one more thing, this whole "Hillary was the victim of biased investigation" thing mentioned in the beginning  is not really the whole truth to me. Even sympathizers have to admit that this whole using a private server thing was a severe violation and not just a minor human blunder. That oppositional forces will overstate that is to be expected; every political opponent would gladly use it.

The ties of Trump to Russia, of course, seem pretty evident by now.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - BmorePat87 - 02-16-2017

Let's pretend like enough Congressional Republicans rallied behind supporting impeachment. There is no way in hell they'd throw Pence under the bus. He's one of them.

(02-16-2017, 04:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK. 
But wouldn't Pence nominate a Vice president of his own?

In this scenario where they apparently are gunning for both Trump and Pence, they would just not confirm Pence's nominee for VP. 

(02-16-2017, 03:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: For once, you and I agree on something political.

For as much as I would LOVE to see it happen.  Believe me, I would love to see it happen, the chances of this happening are slim to 1%.   Not very yugely. They are gonna have to find something else to hang on the orange Oompa-Loompa with small hands to get him outta the WH.

Google some news articles from 1973... impeachment was IMPOSSIBLE and UNTHINKABLE

(02-16-2017, 04:26 PM)xxlt Wrote: Google some news articles from 1973... impeachment was IMPOSSIBLE and UNTHINKABLE

You do realize Nixon wasn't impeached don't you?

(02-16-2017, 03:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So we're going to go from 1 President resigned in US history to 3 in less than 12 months?

Nixon resigned to avoid the shame of removal, in case you didn't know that.

It will be interesting to see which way Trump's ego takes him - is it better in his mind to resign or be removed? We shall see.

I figure Pence will take the road of Flynn and just resign.

A former intelligence official says an active one has told him Trump, "Will spend the rest of his life in prison." Whether he is removed from office first or resigns is of little consequence. I suppose President Ryan could pardon him.

Oh, and a former aid to 3 Republican Presidents is calling for impeachment. But yeah, I'm crazy.

RE: Warming up in the bullpen, number 46... - Benton - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 04:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Let's pretend like enough Congressional Republicans rallied behind supporting impeachment. There is no way in hell they'd throw Pence under the bus. He's one of them.

Pretty much. I've thought that was the GOP stance from the beginning.

'Let's get some unpopular stuff out of the way [net neutrality, tax hikes, deregulating everything, getting rid of endangered species protections, etc] and then we'll move Donald out and Pence in. Big donors get the things they want and everyone will blame it one the temper tantrum throwing guy with small hands.'

(02-16-2017, 03:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So we're going to go from 1 President resigned in US history to 3 in less than 12 months?

Oh, and I don't recall much about President Agnew. Refresh my memory on his tenure.

(02-16-2017, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize Nixon wasn't impeached don't you?

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/house-begins-impeachment-of-nixon

I really don't care if that was an alternative fact, you didn't mean what you said, or you are just ignorant of history.

(02-16-2017, 04:31 PM)xxlt Wrote: Oh, and a former aid to 3 Republican Presidents is calling for impeachment. But yeah, I'm crazy.

So is that lady that said Russia continues its invasion of Korea.

(02-16-2017, 04:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/house-begins-impeachment-of-nixon

I really don't care if that was an alternative fact, you didn't mean what you said, or you are just ignorant of history.

Nixon was never impeached. Impeachment was recommended but he resigned from office prior to the House voting on impeachment after he was told that he had lost enough support to survive the trial in the Senate. 

(02-16-2017, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize Nixon wasn't impeached don't you?

(02-16-2017, 04:34 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/house-begins-impeachment-of-nixon

I guess not

(02-16-2017, 04:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK. 
But wouldn't Pence nominate a Vice president of his own? One that would follow him after he got removed. Except if both men get removed at once, of course. In which case, OK. I once heard the speaker of the house would overtake if president and ice-president were unavailable at the same time (because of attacks or whatever emergency). I did not know the rule also applies if all of them get impeached.
Wouldn't new presidential elections follow if both men were impeached, though? No one ever voted Ryan into office, him running the show for several years anyway would seem, well, strange from a democratic standpoint. But I don't know, just wondering.
(And I see more and more signs that Trump won't stay in office, that I consider to be realistic. I am not so sure about Pence, though, as far as I know he didn't do anything legally wrong so far.)

Well. as of now, I focus on what's confirmed. In this article there are many "rumored" things and speculations. That very well might be credibly confirmed at some point, I think that is quite likely. At which point I won't be surprised and take these allegiations as a given. Right now, I still won't, though.
As you said, this is a very biased source. There's one point I agree with Trump defenders, I do not trust your media too much as well, especially when they report on unconfirmed stuff. Hardly any European does. (But not so much because they are red or blue, but generally very, say, "pro-america".)

And one more thing, this whole "Hillary was the victim of biased investigation" thing mentioned in the beginning  is not really the whole truth to me. Even sympathizers have to admit that this whole using a private server thing was a severe violation and not just a minor human blunder. That oppositional forces will overstate that is to be expected; every political opponent would gladly use it.

The ties of Trump to Russia, of course, seem pretty evident by now.

"Our media" covers a lot. I don't trust some media, e.g. Breitbart, as they report demonstrably false things and have a clear agenda. Other sources are credible. I was going to point out that Nixon and Agnew left in concert resignations in 1973, leading to Speaker of the House Gerald Ford becoming President, but alas I was wrong. Ford did not move from Speaker to the Oval Office, as I implied in another post. Due to the corruption in Nixon's White House I believe the timeline went like this:

Watergate scandal broke in the news, Agnew resigned as VP, Ford installed as VP, Impeachment Hearings of Nixon initiated, and Nixon resigned. Sorry for not remembering that Agnew jumped ship early while Tricky Dick held on until he new he was going to be removed,