Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... (/Thread-It-s-March-so-that-can-only-mean-one-thing)

It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Awful Llama - 03-04-2017

Yep, taxes. How do you file your taxes? Electronically, or do you still use paper? Have you already filed, or are you a procrastinator and wait until the last minute? Do you do it yourself or hire a professional to complete them for you? Do you itemize, or fill out a quick 1040EZ? Do you usually get a refund? If so, how do you like to spend it? Do you have to file state and local tax forms too, or do you just have to fill out a federal return? Do your and your spouse file together or separately? Tell us all about your experience in the wonderful world of taxes.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Tiger Teeth - 03-05-2017

I dunno, I have to ask my wife.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Benton - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 12:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I dunno, I have to ask my wife.
I hand my wife my w2.

I hand her the box of receipts I've collected.

sometime during the summer well go out to dinner on the rebate check. Which beats a few years ago before we had any investments and had to pay in.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Awful Llama - 03-05-2017

In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse. Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing. Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Tiger Teeth - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 12:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse.  Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing.  Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.

My wife has a degree in accounting, so we're sort of the opposite of you and Mrs. Llama.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - jfkbengals - 03-05-2017

I give them to my better half, as she is an accountant. Prior to our relationship I did them myself via the paper forms until Turbo Tax made it easier.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Benton - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 12:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse.  Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing.  Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.
oh its not trust. She's incredibly stubborn and thinks no one can get anything right. If I did them, she'd go back and redo them anyway.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Rotobeast - 03-06-2017

Note: Apparently the IRS is auditing at quite a low rate this year, due to budget cuts.

Time to refile the last 3 years !
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - WeezyBengal - 03-06-2017

I should have married an accountant.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Goalpost - 03-06-2017

There has been an expansion in identity theft the past few years.

They are really watching for it. Returns were held up early because of it.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - fredtoast - 03-06-2017

You suckers actually file income tax returns?

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - jfkbengals - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You suckers actually file income tax returns?

Yup.  Under the name Fred Toast.  Some years I get a fat check, others a big bill.  I never pay the bill though.  It's not ME that they'll be going after ThumbsUp !

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - michaelsean - 03-09-2017

All I know is that if you file your taxes later than usual, Turbo Tax loses its mind.

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - XenoMorph - 03-09-2017

(03-04-2017, 09:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, taxes.  How do you file your taxes?  Electronically, or do you still use paper?  Have you already filed, or are you a procrastinator and wait until the last minute?  Do you do it yourself or hire a professional to complete them for you?  Do you itemize, or fill out a quick 1040EZ?  Do you usually get a refund?  If so, how do you like to spend it?  Do you have to file state and local tax forms too, or do you just have to fill out a federal return?  Do your and your spouse file together or separately?  Tell us all about your experience in the wonderful world of taxes.

I file the day I have everything I can... the faster you file the faster they can process it (less to process) and the faster you get it back.

I almost always file electronically and have it direct deposited for faster money.

I spend my refunds on what ever is needed at the time.. usually car repairs

RE: It's March, so that can only mean one thing... - Awful Llama - 03-10-2017

(03-06-2017, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I should have married an accountant.

It's like they say: Accountants do it without losing their balance.