Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract (/Thread-Bengals-Didn-t-Offer-Zeitler-A-Contract)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - wolfkaosaun - 03-09-2017

That's all that needs to be said. From the Bengals website:

[Image: C6g8vwsWwAEbVq_.jpg:large]

Article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Facelift/6f86968a-e26b-4fa0-95c3-75c043ecf393

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-09-2017

Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again. I know I won't.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - SunsetBengal - 03-09-2017

Didn't even offer, because they would have embarrassed themselves.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Go Cards - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again.  I know I won't.

Yep, that is out the window now. 

Sad day. 

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - CageTheBengal - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't even offer, because they would have embarrassed themselves.

and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - The Real Deal - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.

Yeah man, the front office is a lot like the coaching staff and team in the playoffs, they can't win.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Go Cards - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's all that needs to be said. From the Bengals website:

[Image: C6g8vwsWwAEbVq_.jpg:large]

Article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Facelift/6f86968a-e26b-4fa0-95c3-75c043ecf393

If this is what they told me then would not come back even if not getting what I wanted. 

Pitiful 

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - CageTheBengal - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah man, the front office is a lot like the coaching staff and team in the playoffs, they can't win.

Don't you have a dead horse to beat somewhere?

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Bengalsrob - 03-09-2017

Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.

(03-09-2017, 10:29 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Don't you have a dead horse to beat somewhere?

Are you implying that's what I'm doing? And if so, why would I go somewhere else to do it when there is a perfectly good dead horse right here? Dead Horse

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - Derrick - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.
Answer: A poor business plan, implemented by myopic management.

(03-09-2017, 10:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.

Question, did you intentionally spell out FA Guards, because you didn't want to write FA Gs?  Because after their continued ineptitude at stocking the interior of the OL, they look like a bunch of ****..

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - wolfkaosaun - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 10:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.

I'd rather a team be accused of low balling rather than not trying at all.

In all fairness they did just give Dre k a deal worth 50 million. Like it or not, That puts him right around 10th in the league among top paid CB's.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - RiverRat13 - 03-09-2017

I'm fine with not investing too much at the guard position. But if that's the philosophy, don't waste first round draft picks at the position, either.

(03-09-2017, 10:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: In all fairness they did just give Dre k a deal worth 50 million. Like it or not, That puts him right around 10th in the league among top paid CB's.

Just shows that they have no priority on the OL, particularly the interior, the part that gets the 3rd and short type of yardage..

(03-09-2017, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just shows that they have no priority on the OL, particularly the interior, the part that gets the 3rd and short type of yardage..

Oh I agree, I'm as disappointed as anyone that our two best olineman moved on. But at the same time, I can't really blame the front office for deciding against tendering a record breaking offer to zeitler. He's good, but he's not that good.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - grampahol - 03-09-2017

Z wanted the megabucks and I don't blame him, but I don't blame the team for not offering megabucks either .. The guard doesn't score touchdowns and huge bodied guys are kind of a dime a dozen in this game. 

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - THE PISTONS - 03-09-2017

Because the cap has risen $47 million since 2012...or about 39%.

A 6 million contract in 2012 is equivalent to a $9 million contract now.

RE: Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract - ItsOdellThurman - 03-09-2017

I totally agree if you think you have a statistical advantage at guard and can develop them. However, the Bengals have had past struggles at the guard position and used a first rounder on Zeitler. If you're so confident they don't bring value or are worth keeping, don't invest so heavily on them.