Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract
That's all that needs to be said. From the Bengals website:

[Image: C6g8vwsWwAEbVq_.jpg:large]

Article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Facelift/6f86968a-e26b-4fa0-95c3-75c043ecf393
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again. I know I won't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't even offer, because they would have embarrassed themselves.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again.  I know I won't.

Yep, that is out the window now. 

Sad day. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't even offer, because they would have embarrassed themselves.

and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.

Yeah man, the front office is a lot like the coaching staff and team in the playoffs, they can't win.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's all that needs to be said. From the Bengals website:

[Image: C6g8vwsWwAEbVq_.jpg:large]

Article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Facelift/6f86968a-e26b-4fa0-95c3-75c043ecf393

If this is what they told me then would not come back even if not getting what I wanted. 

Pitiful 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah man, the front office is a lot like the coaching staff and team in the playoffs, they can't win.

Don't you have a dead horse to beat somewhere?
Reply/Quote
Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:29 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Don't you have a dead horse to beat somewhere?

Are you implying that's what I'm doing? And if so, why would I go somewhere else to do it when there is a perfectly good dead horse right here? Dead Horse

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.
Answer: A poor business plan, implemented by myopic management.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:30 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Looks like all the FA Guards are bringing at least 9 million/year. Amazes me how the Bengals NEVER spend top money on ANY position for the most part, yet have little money left over for FA compared to teams like New England.

Question, did you intentionally spell out FA Guards, because you didn't want to write FA Gs?  Because after their continued ineptitude at stocking the interior of the OL, they look like a bunch of ****..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:25 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: and if they offered something the F.O. thought was fair to the F.O. they would have been accused of being insulting and low balling Zeitler.

I'd rather a team be accused of low balling rather than not trying at all.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

In all fairness they did just give Dre k a deal worth 50 million. Like it or not, That puts him right around 10th in the league among top paid CB's.

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with not investing too much at the guard position. But if that's the philosophy, don't waste first round draft picks at the position, either.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: In all fairness they did just give Dre k a deal worth 50 million. Like it or not, That puts him right around 10th in the league among top paid CB's.

Just shows that they have no priority on the OL, particularly the interior, the part that gets the 3rd and short type of yardage..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just shows that they have no priority on the OL, particularly the interior, the part that gets the 3rd and short type of yardage..

Oh I agree, I'm as disappointed as anyone that our two best olineman moved on. But at the same time, I can't really blame the front office for deciding against tendering a record breaking offer to zeitler. He's good, but he's not that good.

Reply/Quote
Z wanted the megabucks and I don't blame him, but I don't blame the team for not offering megabucks either .. The guard doesn't score touchdowns and huge bodied guys are kind of a dime a dozen in this game. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Because the cap has risen $47 million since 2012...or about 39%.

A 6 million contract in 2012 is equivalent to a $9 million contract now.
Reply/Quote
I totally agree if you think you have a statistical advantage at guard and can develop them. However, the Bengals have had past struggles at the guard position and used a first rounder on Zeitler. If you're so confident they don't bring value or are worth keeping, don't invest so heavily on them.
Reply/Quote