Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Didn't Offer Zeitler A Contract
This is pathetic. If I was big Z I'd be insulted. Don't ever look back kev.

Mike Brown should be ashamed. To not even throw the guy a number is disrespectful. Brown has no intentions of ever actually winning.

Thing is other players are going to see this behavior,and it's already bad, but who the hell would want to play for an owner that doesn't even throw one of the best guards a number
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah man, the front office is a lot like the coaching staff and team in the playoffs, they can't win.

They don't know how to win.  How anyone can defend 26 years of this bullshit is beyond me.  No wonder they shut down the old boards.

To the OP.....not shocked because Son of Paul doesn't have a damned clue how the game is won and lost.  Yeah....linemen don't win football games....well....Einstien....how the **** you gonna win when you can't take a handoff without a defender immediately in your face....or get a pass off in under 2 seconds every time.  Now we know EXACTLY how effing dumb this man is.  I wish he'd sell the damn team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Question, did you intentionally spell out FA Guards, because you didn't want to write FA Gs?  Because after their continued ineptitude at stocking the interior of the OL, they look like a bunch of ****..

Actually I did not, though it must have been a somewhat appropriate subliminal thing. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just shows that they have no priority on the OL, particularly the interior, the part that gets the 3rd and short type of yardage..

The good news is Dre Kirkpatrick will be earning his dough by getting a lot of snaps in 2017 because there's going to be a lot of three-and-outs for the Cincinnati offense.
Reply/Quote
Just last week I stated that off-season roster management was one of this organization's greatest strengths. Good God was I off. Way off.

"If you don't get what you want, come back."

I mean Jesus, what on Earth? That is so pathetic and no doubt made Zeitler's decision a no-brainer.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again.  I know I won't.

Mike Brown is only loyal to a fault when it fits his pocket, errrr rollover budget.

Or in other words he's the main reason the Bengals team photo is in the dictionary beside cluster $#%@.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:30 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: This is pathetic. If I was big Z I'd be insulted. Don't ever look back kev.

Mike Brown should be ashamed. To not  even throw the guy a number is disrespectful. Brown has no intentions of ever actually winning.

Thing is other players are going to see this behavior,and it's already bad, but who the hell would want to play for an owner that doesn't even throw one of the best guards a number

Not to mention trying to undercut Big Whit with misinformation. Real class act  Ninja

They deserve everything the get from classless pacman !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown is only loyal to a fault when it fits his pocket, errrr rollover budget.

Or in other words he's the main reason the Bengals team photo is in the dictionary beside cluster $#%@.

I'm not mad about Andrew Whitworth going to the Rams for oodles of dough.  That's fine.  I am furious, however, that Kevin Zeitler left for Cleveland without the Bengals even offering anything.  Now what?  It's not like Paul Alexander can raise up the modern equivalents of the Nephilim from the practice squad and from the bench and train them to pass and run block.  I'll tell you what, '74:  The Cincinnati defense will need to hold opposing offenses to ten points or less and have at least two pick-sixes per game for the Bengals to even play 0.500 football. 
Reply/Quote
Zeitler gathered the OL at a hotel and told them he was leaving at the end of the year. If the Bengals knew he was leaving, why make an offer he is going to refuse?
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:05 AM)Clep Wrote: Zeitler gathered the OL at a hotel and told them he was leaving at the end of the year. If the Bengals knew he was leaving, why make an offer he is going to refuse?

That's when you make him an offer he can't refuse.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not mad about Andrew Whitworth going to the Rams for oodles of dough.  That's fine.  I am furious, however, that Kevin Zeitler left for Cleveland without the Bengals even offering anything.  Now what?  It's not like Paul Alexander can raise up the modern equivalents of the Nephilim from the practice squad and from the bench and train them to pass and run block.  I'll tell you what, '74:  The Cincinnati defense will need to hold opposing offenses to ten points or less and have at least two pick-sixes per game for the Bengals to even play 0.500 football. 

Yep, with the O-line we're going to have we're doomed ! We'll struggle to win 6 games no matter who or where we draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:06 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's when you make him an offer he can't refuse.

Right....he should have been extended last year.  They just sat on their hands to try and lowball him....then DeCastro got paid and they knew RIGHT THEN they weren't gonna pay Z.....because.......cheap.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:46 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I'm fine with not investing too much at the guard position. But if that's the philosophy, don't waste first round draft picks at the position, either.

Yes this is exactly how I feel about it. The f you don't value the position enough then why make one of your 1st red picks a guard? If he is a bust problem solved but you have wasted a first round pick. If he pans out and is a good player you are going yo let him walk. Unless they think getting five good years out of a first rounder is good?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:05 AM)Clep Wrote: Zeitler gathered the OL at a hotel and told them he was leaving at the end of the year. If the Bengals knew he was leaving, why make an offer he is going to refuse?

LOL, that's so Bengals right there. 

"Welp, he says he's leaving might as well not even table an offer or negotiate.  Because a player or his agent never plays 'hardball' in order to drive up their price by threatening to walk.  So meh..."
Reply/Quote

How do you know this?
Reply/Quote
Rolling over money for next year is code for rolling over money into Mikey's pockets for a new golf cart.

Hate that cheap, do it his way ass hat.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don't ever use the "Mike Brown is loyal to a fault" excuse again.  I know I won't.

No, Mike Brown is just a fault all by himself.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's all that needs to be said. From the Bengals website:

[Image: C6g8vwsWwAEbVq_.jpg:large]

Article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Facelift/6f86968a-e26b-4fa0-95c3-75c043ecf393

I'm just shocked that people are surprised by this. Mikey Brown is up to his old tricks again.

Reply/Quote

That's when you use the Franchise tag.

Let the guy know you are serious about him being here, I mean what the hell...you used a 1st round pick on the guy. How can you say that "you don't value the position" after using a first round pick on that same position.

That sounds like more Mike Brown blowing smoke up people's asses cheap cover talk, or...and I am just saying...maybe the old guy is actually starting to finally really lose it, like Al Davis in the final years and he is drafting players and not even knowing what the hell is happening.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
One of my biggest issues is they say guards don't win enough games to warrant that kind of money.

Meanwhile you haven't won a playoff game since the 90's. Maybe your strategy isn't working.

I can't wait for the day that Mike Brown is no longer running this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote