Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Rachel Maddow - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Rachel Maddow (/Thread-Rachel-Maddow)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rachel Maddow - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2017

Wow, she really scooped the world by exposing Trump's tax return info.   Who would have thought that the evil one actually pays his taxes?

Rachel, you have officially jumped the shark.  Enjoy your fade into oblivion.

RE: Rachel Maddow - BmorePat87 - 03-15-2017

she got played like a fiddle. This isn't as amateurish as Buzzfeed posting the dossier, but it was pretty amateurish.

RE: Rachel Maddow - Benton - 03-15-2017

she actually got a little more credible in my eyes. I haven't watched it (dont plan to) so I'm guessing there was a lot of jabbering about it, but if she was just pushing an agenda (that trump is evil or out of touch or whatever), I doubt she would have shown that he's just a guy who paid a lot of taxes one year.

RE: Rachel Maddow - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 11:03 PM)Benton Wrote: she actually got a little more credible in my eyes. I haven't watched it (dont plan to) so I'm guessing there was a lot of jabbering about it, but if she was just pushing an agenda (that trump is evil or out of touch or whatever), I doubt she would have shown that he's just a guy who paid a lot of taxes one year.

it's not a secret, Donald makes some money.  I'm willing to bet that he pays a lot of taxes, every year.

As for Rachel Maddow, I kind of feel sorry for her.  She's pretty much the only star on a sinking ship that is MSNBC.

RE: Rachel Maddow - CageTheBengal - 03-15-2017

MSNBC or FOXNews

Who really cares? They both can burn in hell.

RE: Rachel Maddow - bfine32 - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 10:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, she really scooped the world by exposing Trump's tax return info.   Who would have thought that the evil one actually pays his taxes?

It was like when dude opened Capone's vault

RE: Rachel Maddow - Benton - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 11:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: it's not a secret, Donald makes some money.  I'm willing to bet that he pays a lot of taxes, every year.

As for Rachel Maddow, I kind of feel sorry for her.  She's pretty much the only star on a sinking ship that is MSNBC.

She does have a pretty good sense of humor, but for some reason she's always reminded me of an 80s California surfer character. 

RE: Rachel Maddow - Dill - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 10:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, she really scooped the world by exposing Trump's tax return info.   Who would have thought that the evil one actually pays his taxes?

She is trying to create pressure on the guy to release his returns.

You are not interested in Trump's tax returns? It's not important that he pays the alternative minimum, will be pushing tax policies which benefit those in his bracket?

RE: Rachel Maddow - xxlt - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 11:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: it's not a secret, Donald makes some money.  I'm willing to bet that he pays a lot of taxes, every year.

It is a secret! How much does he make? Nobody knows, because he lies about it.

If you are willing to bet he pays a lot of taxes every year you are going to lose whatever you bet. He has already bragged he doesn't, proudly noting that paying no income tax "makes me smart."

As for Rachel Maddow, you should not feel sorry if a "news entertainment network" loses a star. But since she is one of the better journalists we have who routinely out performs most others in her medium (and some others) in delivering real in depth reporting you should really put down your preconceived notions and actually learn who she is and what she does.

I have no doubt you are a fine person - you've demonstrated it in many comments to your fellow board members. But, the misinformation in the post I quoted is concerning. I really thought you were more in touch with reality.

RE: Rachel Maddow - GMDino - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was like when dude opened Capone's vault

I was watching live when Geraldo did that.  Got me in a lot of trouble because I was on the phone to a girl and we were "watching it together" back in the day when it long distance to call two towns over.   Smirk

RE: Rachel Maddow - michaelsean - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 10:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was watching live when Geraldo did that.  Got me in a lot of trouble because I was on the phone to a girl and we were "watching it together" back in the day when it long distance to call two towns over.   Smirk

I remember him finding a liquor bottle or something.  Probably Jim Beam from 1978.  

RE: Rachel Maddow - Vas Deferens - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:10 AM)xxlt Wrote: I have no doubt you are a fine person - you've demonstrated it in many comments to your fellow board members. But, the misinformation in the post I quoted is concerning. I really thought you were more in touch with reality.

I thought you're reading comprehension skills were more refined.

RE: Rachel Maddow - bfine32 - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 11:30 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I thought you're reading comprehension skills were more refined.

Tee Hee

RE: Rachel Maddow - GMDino - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 11:09 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I remember him finding a liquor bottle or something.  Probably Jim Beam from 1978.  

Yeah, an empty bottle and lots of dust....lol.

RE: Rachel Maddow - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 11:54 PM)Benton Wrote:  She does have a pretty good sense of humor, but for some reason she's always reminded me of an 80s California surfer character. 

I quite like her as well.  She's very intelligent and definitely well informed on policy, she definitely takes her job seriously.  I don't see eye to eye with her on some issues, but that's to be expected when you're a pro-choice, pro-2A person.  

RE: Rachel Maddow - Vas Deferens - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Hee

Well put.

RE: Rachel Maddow - SunsetBengal - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 11:30 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I thought you're reading comprehension skills were more refined.

Stop trolling.  I'll never apologize to you.  If you didn't want the response I gave, you should have refrained from pushing people's buttons.

RE: Rachel Maddow - Bengalzona - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 06:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Stop trolling.  I'll never apologize to you.  If you didn't want the response I gave, you should have refrained from pushing people's buttons.

Is this playful banter back and forth, or do I need to start deleting posts and spanking hands?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Ninja

RE: Rachel Maddow - xxlt - 03-17-2017

It is one thing to have an ethos, it is another to turn a blind eye. Apparently it was I who was blind in this case.

RE: Rachel Maddow - Bengalzona - 03-17-2017

I'm told that the need to review Trump's taxes has little to do with discovering that he hasn't paid enough or that he has done something illegal in filing them. Certainly some of his critics would love to find some 'dirt' on him. But I think most of us wouldn't expect to find a large corporation risking so much just to shave a little on taxes. Most boards and stockholders wouldn't put up with that type of foolishness.

Rather it is about what foreign countries his companies have been having dealings with and the level of those dealings (most particularly, Russia). Unfortunately for Maddow, the abbreviated copy of Trump's 2005 return did not have any of that information in it.

If the investigation into Russia's election fiddling leads back to Trump and his campaign, Congress may end up subpoenaing his taxes anyway.