Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors (/Thread-O-Malley-and-Bernie-forum-crashed-by-Black-Lives-Matter-protestors)

Pages: 1 2

O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - BmorePat87 - 07-18-2015

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/black-lives-matter-protesters-flummox-omalley-sanders-120319.html?cmpid=sf

Apparently they decided to just let two protestors decide that an immigration forum would turn into a black lives matter forum... Not sure why

O'Malley was repeatedly interrupted as he called for civilian review boards to prevent violence and booed when he said "all lives matter". Lol?

Bernie, who was a part of the civil rights movement, was visibly annoyed at the rude protestors as he kept giving his civil rights credentials over the loud crowd

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-20-2015

At least O'Malley apologized for saying "All lives matter".

http://www.mediaite.com/online/martin-omalley-apologizes-for-telling-black-protesters-all-lives-matter/

You gotta love liberals.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - SunsetBengal - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least O'Malley apologized for saying "All lives matter".

http://www.mediaite.com/online/martin-omalley-apologizes-for-telling-black-protesters-all-lives-matter/

You gotta love liberals.

Yep, if 3% of the population can swing the Supreme Court to rule their way, just imagine what 13% can do?

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - Benton - 07-20-2015

(07-20-2015, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least O'Malley apologized for saying "All lives matter".

You gotta love liberals.

Wait. Which one are the liberals? Just everyone who isn't on Rush Limbaugh's Facebook friend's list?

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-21-2015

(07-20-2015, 11:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Wait. Which one are the liberals? Just everyone who isn't on Rush Limbaugh's Facebook friend's list?

O'Malley. Don't you keep up with this stuff?

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - Benton - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: O'Malley. Don't you keep up with this stuff?

:sad: 

Apparently not.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - StLucieBengal - 07-21-2015

The day that people shout down "all lives matter" is the day that those need to be exposed as the nutjobs they really are....

It's a shame that both Hillary and O'Mally get shouted down by these nutters.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - fredtoast - 07-21-2015

(07-20-2015, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, if 3% of the population can swing the Supreme Court to rule their way, just imagine what 13% can do?

Hate to break the news to you Sunset, but that 13% has already tricked the government into giving them equal protection under the law.  

I know how much equality for minorities offends you, but it appears to be here to stay.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hate to break the news to you Sunset, but that 13% has already tricked the government into giving them equal protection under the law.  

I know how much equality for minorities offends you, but it appears to be here to stay.

Then I wonder why some had/have issue with all lifes matter?

Seems about as equal as you can get.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - BmorePat87 - 07-21-2015

You gotta love liberals.

"I'm sorry for saying everyone deserves to live"

O'Malley is an idiot

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - PhilHos - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hate to break the news to you Sunset, but that 13% has already tricked the government into giving them equal protection under the law.  

Pretty soon, whites will be the minority. I can't wait! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Mellow

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - michaelsean - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 01:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty soon, whites will be the minority. I can't wait! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Mellow

Me neither.  Time to blame someone else for all that's wrong. And we can take back cracker.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - BmorePat87 - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 01:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty soon, whites will be the minority. I can't wait! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Mellow

Even if we are less in number, we won't be the actual minority for a while. In the sociological/political sense, it's the group not in power.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - Benton - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 03:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Me neither.  Time to blame someone else for all that's wrong.  And we can take back cracker.

That's what I'm looking forward to. That and honky.

I called a coworker honky once. He thought I was calling him a clown.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - Nately120 - 07-22-2015

(07-21-2015, 05:30 PM)Benton Wrote: That's what I'm looking forward to. That and honky.

I called a coworker honky once. He thought I was calling him a clown.

Honky makes me think of this guy:
[Image: the-honky-tonk-man.jpg]

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - StLucieBengal - 07-22-2015

The whole black lives matter group is a bunch of morons. When you boo "all lives matter" you can not be taken seriously.

They are 500% identity policitics. And that's never a good thing.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - fredtoast - 07-24-2015

(07-21-2015, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Then I wonder why some had/have issue with all lifes matter?

Seems about as equal as you can get.

Because it sounds silly for the people who are not victims to play the victim card.

"Black lives matter" is the rallying cry for the people who feel that blacks are being victimized by a white dominated system.  So it doesn't make sense for white people to cry about being victims of racism.

It makes sense for disadvantaged people to claim they need some help.  It makes no sense for EXXON Mobile to put themselves on the same level as disadvantage people and say "We ALL need some help."

Sort of the way Sunset was trying to play his Christian issued victim card just because the SCOTUS gave equal rights to a minority that had been denied equal protection under the law for many years.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 10:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it sounds silly for the people who are not victims to play the victim card.

"Black lives matter" is the rallying cry for the people who feel that blacks are being victimized by a white dominated system.  So it doesn't make sense for white people to cry about being victims of racism.

It makes sense for disadvantaged people to claim they need some help.  It makes no sense for EXXON Mobile to put themselves on the same level as disadvantage people and say "We ALL need some help."

Sort of the way Sunset was trying to play his Christian issued victim card just because the SCOTUS gave equal rights to a minority that had been denied equal protection under the law for many years.

No doubt. I'm sure Matt O'Malley and Bernie Sanders are just white folk that "cry about being victims of racism."

So you are OK with somebody saying "black lives matter, white lives matter, all lives matter" getting booed? 

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - fredtoast - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are OK with somebody saying "black lives matter, white lives matter, all lives matter" getting booed? 

It depends on the context.  If it was being used to claim that there is no basis for claims of racism against blacks, then yes. 

Just like I would boo Christians crying about how "our rights matter too" in regards to the recent SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage.  I 100% agree that the rights of Christians matter, but when they make that statement to try and claim that they are victims of discrimination that isn't there I disagree.

The phrase "Black lives matter" is accepted to mean "Blacks are the victims of a racist system".  So when a white person replies "We are all victims of a racists system" it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So while I 100% agree that "all lives matter" in this context it means something completely different.

RE: O'Malley and Bernie forum crashed by Black Lives Matter protestors - bfine32 - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It depends on the context.  If it was being used to claim that there is no basis for claims of racism against blacks, then yes. 

Just like I would boo Christians crying about how "our rights matter too" in regards to the recent SCOTUS decision on same sex marriage.  I 100% agree that the rights of Christians matter, but when they make that statement to try and claim that they are victims of discrimination that isn't there I disagree.

The phrase "Black lives matter" is accepted to mean "Blacks are the victims of a racist system".  So when a white person replies "We are all victims of a racists system" it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So while I 100% agree that "all lives matter" in this context it means something completely different.

Well the context here was that O'Malley was getting interviewed in a sitdown and the forum was over-taken by people protesting and pushing their own agenda. His reply to quell the demonstration was to suggest "all lives matter". To support the booing of that speaks volumes