Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Any hockey fans out there? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: All Other Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports)
+--- Thread: Any hockey fans out there? (/Thread-Any-hockey-fans-out-there)

Pages: 1 2

Any hockey fans out there? - rezolve11 - 04-11-2017

Just wondering since the NHL playoffs are quickly approaching.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Awful Llama - 04-11-2017

Yep, right here. Best time of the year, especially when Cbus decides to make a rare appearance at the dance. Figure a Washington/Chicago final.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Tiger Teeth - 04-11-2017

I can't ice skate, therefore I've never considered hockey a real sport. Just sayin'.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - magikod - 04-12-2017

I root for the CBJ's but I'm not big into hockey really.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - rezolve11 - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, right here.  Best time of the year, especially when Cbus decides to make a rare appearance at the dance.  Figure a Washington/Chicago final.

I just couldn't choose Washington because they seem to ALWAYS make an early exit. I'm not extremely knowledgeable but I love watching it. My biased bracket has CBJ winning it all over CHI.  Hilarious Tongue

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - XenoMorph - 04-12-2017

I follow it a bit but don't watch much... Blue jackets doing pretty good this year though (and 1 game shy of that record earlier)

Hopefully they can get a few rounds in

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Awful Llama - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 10:09 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I just couldn't choose Washington because they seem to ALWAYS make an early exit. I'm not extremely knowledgeable but I love watching it. My biased bracket has CBJ winning it all over CHI.  Hilarious Tongue

(04-12-2017, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I follow it a bit but don't watch much...  Blue jackets doing pretty good this year though  (and 1 game shy of that record earlier)  

Hopefully they can get a few rounds in

Had they not lost 6 of their last 7, I might be a bit more optimistic about their chances.  As it is, I see them losing in 6.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - count35 - 04-12-2017

Huge fan here. A Red Wings fan for years but since they're out i'm just watching them all. Currently have Ottawa-Boston on and switching to Penguins-BlueJ games, followed by Oilers-San Jose at 10PM! LOL Plus the local OHL team who are in the 2nd round!

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - rezolve11 - 04-13-2017

(04-12-2017, 09:31 PM)count35 Wrote: Huge fan here. A Red Wings fan for years but since they're out i'm just watching them all. Currently have Ottawa-Boston on and switching to Penguins-BlueJ games, followed by Oilers-San Jose at 10PM! LOL Plus the local OHL team who are in the 2nd round!

ewwwww not the red wings!

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Aquapod770 - 04-13-2017

Go Caps! Unfortunately they're basically the Bengals of the NHL. Whatever

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Steve - 04-13-2017

do you why in Canada everyone only has sex doggie style..???
b/c that way they can both keep watching the hockey game....  LMAO

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - jason - 04-14-2017

(04-13-2017, 05:31 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Go Caps! Unfortunately they're basically the Bengals of the NHL. Whatever

Haha. They really are.

I've always considered the Clippers to be the Bengals if the NBA.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Interceptor - 04-14-2017

[Image: ff_1786611_full.jpg&w=340]

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - bengal_fan_in_toronto - 04-19-2017

I'm already tired of Leaf fans and its been 3 games.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Awful Llama - 04-21-2017

(04-13-2017, 05:31 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Go Caps! Unfortunately they're basically the Bengals of the NHL.  Whatever

(04-14-2017, 03:55 PM)jason Wrote: Haha. They really are.

I've always considered the Clippers to be the Bengals if the NBA.

If can't speak to the Clippers, I pay zero attention to basketball.  But, as for the NHL, I'd argue the Blue Jackets are the Bengals of the NHL.  Both teams have never won a championship and can't make it out of the first round.  This year Columbus had the NHL equivalent  of a 12-4 season (like the Bengals in 2015) and didn't do a damn thing with it.  Maybe it's because I root for both and it all just kind of runs together.  I don't know.  

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - HarleyDog - 04-23-2017

Got to admit, I hated Hockey for some reason. I guess I never watched it and it didn't get much air time when I was growing up. Although I loved watching the US play Russia in the Olympics when we were the underdog and we won. I loved the movie "Slapshot." But watching a normal game couldn't compare to that. Then, last weekend I was sitting in the mancave tinkering with my surround sound and programming a new receiver. Hockey was on so I just left it on and kept doing what I was doing. After about 30 minutes, I found myself glued to the game and was really enjoying it. I can see more hockey viewing in my future.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - BmorePat87 - 04-23-2017

RIP Sharks Sad

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Aquapod770 - 04-27-2017

(04-23-2017, 10:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Got to admit, I hated Hockey for some reason. I guess I never watched it and it didn't get much air time when I was growing up. Although I loved watching the US play Russia in the Olympics when we were the underdog and we won. I loved the movie "Slapshot." But watching a normal game couldn't compare to that. Then, last weekend I was sitting in the mancave tinkering with my surround sound and programming a new receiver. Hockey was on so I just left it on and kept doing what I was doing. After about 30 minutes, I found myself glued to the game and was really enjoying it. I can see more hockey viewing in my future.

Nothing in sports compares to playoff hockey. Especially a game 7. 

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - Awful Llama - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 03:15 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Nothing in sports compares to playoff hockey. Especially a game 7. 

It's true.  Game 7 playoff hockey > naked cheerleader pile with you at the bottom.

RE: Any hockey fans out there? - HarleyDog - 05-06-2017

I swear I'm in a bar right now and some is yelling for the penguins.I'm getting angry. Nothing good comes from pittsburgh. Think I'm going to pee on someone.

Fact: I know I'm gonna pee on someone!