Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Housh - 04-27-2017

I'm tryna make myself mad at the pick but literally can't

Fastest guy possibly in the whole league on a team that was desperate for speed and another playmaker.

You guys are trying to be angry if you can't compromise and at least say it's a solid pick

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - coachmcneil71 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some of you guys i swear just want to ***** no matter the pick. There would of been lots bitching if we took Allen or Hooker.

Bottomline is we needed a gamebreaker opposite AJ Green just like we needed an End opposite Carlos Dunlap.

These are needs. Allen just didn't fit what we needed i guess, him being more of a 3 tech DT than a 4-3 End.

Hooker only played one year of ball and is talented but extremely raw and Safety was not a need.

John Ross says his knees feel better now than before he tore them, he ran the fastest forty of all time effortlessly on them.

He scored a TD 1 out of every 5 times he caught at ball at Washington and we NEED frickin' speed at WR.

And John Ross is not just speed, keep comparing him to Heyward Bey and Dri Archer, go ahead.

This guy is a football player, an all around great receiver! :andy:

Andy Dalton, AJ Green and the whole team approves of this pick.

He gets seperation. If he stays healthy....great pick...speed kills...Side note: props to bfine on board crash prediction..gave me time to shotgun my beer...lol

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fastest ever. In a passing league.

Im on board.

I keep chanting to myself "You can't coach speed". That's what I'm hanging my hat on. I would be totally ok with that pick if Allen and Howard were already gone. But I will try to believe that Tobin and the coaches know what they are doing in picking talent.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Bengal Dude - 04-27-2017

Joelist Wrote:So what is his health situation right now? Did we just waste a pick on a redshirt?

Bengals medical staff cleared him. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-27-2017

Okay everyone, let's all just take a breath and step back from the ledge, just for a second.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Vas Deferens - 04-27-2017

I'm good with it. Would have liked them to fall back and take him, but whatever.

Welcome to the squad JR.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheUberHuber - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yawn

:paul:

C that's easy. Try something hard like telling me how picking a beat up 180 lb wr at #9 with obvious better talent at bigger need positions is a good thing... I will wait...

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:43 PM)Housh Wrote: I'm tryna make myself mad at the pick but literally can't

Fastest guy possibly in the whole league on a team that was desperate for speed and another playmaker.

You guys are trying to be angry if you can't compromise and at least say it's a solid pick

My issues are:

1) Some teams took him off their boards because of injury issues.
2) He's small for a WR.
3) He might start the season on PUP.

Total Bengals pick.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - phil413 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Allen was the best D Lineman we could have dreamed of other than Garrett. The guy could play every down.

He played in a rotation and had shoulder issues that dropped him from 3 to not picked yet.  I like a steal that why I want to like him, but we gotta trust tram drs maybe not ours but 13 have passed.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 04-27-2017

Solid pick if you have a freaking DECENT Oline.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Goalpost - 04-27-2017

This guy smokes Deion Sanders in his prime.

***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-27-2017

What happened to the chat room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Millhouse - 04-27-2017

Im ok with the pick as long as he actually plays this season, and looks electric out there. Team desperately needs more speed & playmakers, just hope he is healthy.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - J24 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some of you guys i swear just want to ***** no matter the pick. There would of been lots bitching if we took Allen or Hooker.

Bottomline is we needed a gamebreaker opposite AJ Green just like we needed an End opposite Carlos Dunlap.

These are needs. Allen just didn't fit what we needed i guess, him being more of a 3 tech DT than a 4-3 End.

Hooker only played one year of ball and is talented but extremely raw and Safety was not a need.

John Ross says his knees feel better now than before he tore them, he ran the fastest forty of all time effortlessly on them.

He scored a TD 1 out of every 5 times he caught at ball at Washington and we NEED frickin' speed at WR.

And John Ross is not just speed, keep comparing him to Heyward Bey and Dri Archer, go ahead.

This guy is a football player, an all around great receiver! :andy:

Andy Dalton, AJ Green and the whole team approves of this pick.
Allen fit us perfectly to T. yeah he plays inside that's what we need the most. Did you watch our pass rush last season? have you watched  us  on defense for the past 10 years? This team loves Defensive Ends that can play inside that's why Allen is the perfect fit for us.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Vas Deferens - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Bengals medical staff cleared him. 

Hahahahahaahaa! I don't even mind the pick and this is hilarious to me. Well done chap. Well done.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:43 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Side note: props to bfine on board crash prediction..gave me time to shotgun my beer...lol

Not my first Rodeo on these boards on draft night

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Solid pick if you have a freaking DECENT Oline.

Actually, good pick if you have a crappy O line. You can do quick slants and get him out in space running. Andy with Ross and Green doesn't have to hold the ball too long.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - 'E' - 04-27-2017

Ross will be on the sidelines more than the headlines.....Dumb pick.

On the bright side, when he is healthy we can drive down the field and miss field goals much faster.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: I keep chanting to myself "You can't coach speed". That's what I'm hanging my hat on. I would be totally ok with that pick if Allen and Howard were already gone. But I will try to believe that Tobin and the coaches know what they are doing in picking talent.

On the Pro side also...the Bengals do have a pretty good record of drafting WR's even when we were bad: Pickens, Scott, Johnson, Jones, Sanu, Housh, Green.

WR is probably our best position to draft.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - GodFather - 04-27-2017

I think we had a chance at a nice DE choice and went WR. I think we dropped the ball in my opinion. I hope we don't end up with the Glass brothers with the Ross/Eifert combo.